My experience with bgbssmn2 ...

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:To be honest, I signed here after an hint of Kreator72, since he is gone from here I guess it could be my time too, but I love to go against you mods so I'm staying until banned without a reason, is it ok 8) ?
I know it's a ltitle late, btu I just got the chance to go over the last part of this thread and have a few things to say about this specific post.

I don't really understand the point in this. If you are unhappy, why try to cause as many problems as possible to "go against us mods"? That serves no real purpose or contribution to the forum/community.

Secondly regarding James, he is a great guy and I can't say anything bad about him. He's always had my respect over the years and we have had many successful deals. I knew that he was upset about something that happened between him and Dan, but upon having contacted him to get further details and try to resolve the problem, I did not receive a reply and it's really not appropriate for me to contact him outside of the forum to deal with a forum related problem. The issue was not over any rip-offs or "cover-ups" but rather a personal one between two users. So if he is gone due to something that's not at all related to the issue you have with the mods in this thread, I don't really see how bringing up his name is relevant.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote:why try to cause as many problems as possible to "go against us mods"?
I was ironic.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Without reading the entire thread, so please excuse if I beat already a dead horse, just want to pipe in my two cents:

James Arwine, aka Michael Arwine, aka gazillion other aliases and equal number of eBay identities is a MAJOR cone artist, thief, and a liar. He has been ripping off people for years now, mostly on eBay.

Anyway, there is a thread on Heavy Harmonies boards which monitors him and lists his most recent eBay IDs (as you can imagine he gets his IDs suspended quite often, but always comes with a new ones... he must have used thousands by now... why eBay keeps letting him to re-register using the same shipping address just shows how greedy and inconsiderate of "customer protection" this corporation is...)

In a nutshell, I'd go as far as to advise to avoid any trader from Red Lion, PA. Or AT LEAST ask them to send first, no exceptions.
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Neither do I have read the thread but we are human beings... :P
BurntOffering

Post by BurntOffering »

DaN wrote:I'm still gonna leave the thread open since more info on bssfdalfsj2/Michael and his dealings is always welcome. That's the subject of the thread. Nothing else. /aDmiN
He tried to get me as well. He had replied to my sale thread on another forum, and told me to email him. I did, and he said he was interested in buying 2 CDs from me. I told him the price with shipping, and he said he didn't have a Paypal account because he closed it out. However, he "thinks he could send me money, even if I'm not registered there." I told him I'd prefer a money order if that was the case, and he agreed. After a few emails, in which he promised to send me the money order "soon," he asked if he could add 2 more CDs to the list. I was fine with that, and he told me he'd be getting the money order. A few days later, he emails me to tell me this:

"Hey there......Above are the 4 cd's I wish to purchase from you, but I'm having trouble with paypal.....I registered for an account so I could pay you for the discs,and no hour later, they placed my account on "restricted status",and want me to provide all of this information to them in order for me to use the account,so until I forward it to them,which will hopefully enable me to use the damn thing, I will not be able to send the payment......so just hold onto the discs for me,if possible....give me a total with shipping, and if someone else wants to buy them before I can make the payment, just go ahead and sell them.....I will get back in touch with you when this mess is cleared up,and see if you still have the discs.....I had no idea what bullshit Paypal can apparently now be....thanks

Michael"

He never asked me if he could send the money using Paypal, as we already had an agreement in place for him to send me a money order. Also, I had never heard of anyone having these types of issues with a new Paypal account. However, I needed the money, so I told him I'd wait even longer. Then, came this:

"Hi *****.....I don't want to string you along on those cd's, but unless you have a cd/vinyl want list and are willing to trade for the 4 cd's, I'm going to have to pass on purchasing them from you,and buying anything from anyone for the time being, as I'm going through cancer treatments right now,and am basically as broke as a shit house rat,and need to stick with trading only, as a means of getting the titles I want......even if I would buy from you, it would have to be by some means other than paypal,as I'm done with them and their bullshit of freezing accounts and holding payments......they have $600.00 of mine ,as a result of on line sales,on fucking hold for months now,and will not release it to me......so fuck them and their service....apologies for getting your hopes up in regards to selling some of your discs,and let me know about any possibilty at all of trading....regards
Michael"

We went from a deal for 2 CDs, to 4, using a money order, then Paypal, which I never agreed upon, to him "dying of cancer" and wanting to trade. Plus, he had first told me that he had no Paypal account any longer, then said, "I'm done with them and their bullshit of freezing accounts and holding payments......they have $600.00 of mine ,as a result of on line sales,on fucking hold for months now,and will not release it to me" How could they have $600 of his money, if he had closed the account in the first place? Had I actually been willing to trade, I'd have been screwed.
denim

I too have been scammed...

Post by denim »

Hi guys...

just thought id let you know my experience.. It happened around an hour ago.

I post under the same name 'denim' on the foreverdoomed forum (the old southern lord board) - check me out in the good traders section.. Im also very good friends with the moderator / owner of the site.

basically this piece of shit screwed me over on a whole stack of rare black metal cd's.

I hold my hands up high and admit ive been totally pathetic and should have read the warning signs.

This man 'Michael' (allegedly) sent me around 12 cd's by USPS recorded delivery and gave me the tracking number and said i could trace it all the way. But he wanted me to send my 'trade' package within 24 hours.. which i did. I had the same excuses about paypal / cancer / no digital camera. He gave me his phone number as well (its probably fake) so i wont post it here - ( i dont want some old widow getting verbally abused)..
Around an hour ago the postman delivered me a letter which my wife signed for and it had a blank piece of A4 paper in it. When i popped home for lunch today i saw the envelope and my heart dropped.. I knew id been scammed...

Now my cd's havent actually been delivered to his address yet - so at some point he must be going there to get them.. They need to be signed for by someone and it isnt a random PO BOX... so obviously this is all the evidence anyone needs to clarify this is his actual address....

I would have thought there is enough evidence here to get the police onto this fucking wanker...

i will post the tracking details here if anyone requests them for whatever reason...
PM me or get in touch at the forever doomed board if you want any further help...

as this is his address - there MUST be something we can do about this...

cheers

d.
Bruno==

Post by Bruno== »

Hey,
I live in belgium and I have the same story.
He contacted me through Recordnerd.com
We agreed a trade, I sent him 22 (some very rare) Black metal cd's registered, he sent me a registered letter with a blanco paper in it...

This is the bastard's address:

Jim Henegan
68 North Main Street
Apt. # 2
Red Lion, Pa.
17356 USA

He uses different mails and names, but this address should be right, i sent my cd's to him last week.
Somebody should stop this guy...
Bruno==

Post by Bruno== »

I sent him these cd's, if someone ever sees them on ebay being sold from a guy from Red Lion, PA (USA), let me know please:

Anti - The insignificance of life : Obscure Abhorrence Productions / Art of popaghande (2006)
Xasthur-Telepathic Moribound Records
Xasthur - The Funeral Of Blood, fire, death
Wigrid - Hoffnungstod No Colours Records (bought at the official no colours website in Germany)
Wigrid-Die Asche No Colours Records (bought at the official no colours website in Germany)
Windir - Valfor,ein Windir Digipack 2CD
Mutiilation - vampires-Drakkar Paid very much for this one on ebay, not sure about the originality though (I don't have the reference of the official matrix code, mine is : DADC Austria IFPI 554 A 0100176795-0101 14
Mutiilation-Black Millenium grimly Drakkar this one is original for sure in my opinion (matrix code: France DKCD 014)
Mutiilation - Evil the Gestalt Tragic Empire
Goatwhore - The eclipse Rotten Records
Forgotten Tomb-Songs Adipocere (Digipack)
Forgotten Tomb - Negative Avantgarde Music
Forgotten Tomb - Springtime Adipocere
Dimmu Borgir - Death Cult 2 CD Nuclear Blast
Destroyer 666 - Cold Steel Seasons of mist (SOM 52)
Bilskirnir - Wotansvolk WKG005 (Wotanstahl, recently bought)
Carcass - reek of........which version/pressing? 2 disc digi reissue version,by chance? Earache Mosh 6 CD (Jewelcase
Graveland - Drunementon: Forever plagued records (I am pretty sur eI bought that one on ebay)
Inferi - Shores of sorrow
Abyssic hate - A Decade Of hate
Alcest-souvenirs
Bilskirnir - in flames
Bruno==

Post by Bruno== »

vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

HAHAHAHA!!!!
Heavy Metal Collector's KGB!!!
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

There is now one thing I believe from all the things he said me: he has over 6000 cds - but now I wonder how many did he honestly pay/trade ... :?
denim

Post by denim »

Helstar wrote:There is now one thing I believe from all the things he said me: he has over 6000 cds - but now I wonder how many did he honestly pay/trade ... :?

He's an absolute cunt thats for sure...

here's a thread i got up on the foreverdoomed forum...

http://foreverdoomed.com/forums/viewtop ... 27&t=17472

Toby the mod is a cool guy and has made it 'sticky'.

I think there is more than enough evidence with all the ebay scams this guy has pulled and 'mail order trades' to make contact with the authorities over this...

its not like this is a trade gone wrong deal.. there is physical evidence of pure fraud here..

I will be over in PA with my job in a few weeks as luck would have it... i have every intention of checking out this address...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

denim wrote:I will be over in PA with my job in a few weeks as luck would have it... i have every intention of checking out this address...
I doubt that you'll go through with it...

Either way, I don't understand why so many people have been scammed by this guy when his dealing arrengements are so shady to begin with.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
denim

Post by denim »

Avenger wrote:
denim wrote:I will be over in PA with my job in a few weeks as luck would have it... i have every intention of checking out this address...

Either way, I don't understand why so many people have been scammed by this guy when his dealing arrengements are so shady to begin with.

he's a con-man thats whats con men do -they CON people..

anyway thanks for your constructive reply. As moderator i would have thought you would have been pleased with people trying to come together and combat stuff like this happening.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

denim wrote:
Avenger wrote:

he's a con-man thats whats con men do -they CON people..

anyway thanks for your constructive reply. As moderator i would have thought you would have been pleased with people trying to come together and combat stuff like this happening.
Oh, believe me I think it's great that this guy is being exposed. However, when someone can't send pictures of the items they claim to have, that's when I would think that warning bells should start going off. Who buys something without seeing it to begin with? Especially with someone that you have never dealt with before hand.

I guess we'll see if you go through with commiting a violent act upon the guy. After all, two wrongs make a right, correct?

You both live in the US, you should just file a claim at the local police station. Solve the issue the legal way.