Fanzine Doom Metal LES TEMPLIERS Vol. 1

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
Satannick

Fanzine Doom Metal LES TEMPLIERS Vol. 1

Post by Satannick »

Attention to all Doom Mongers!

“Les Templiers Vol.1”, a full-size and pro-printed fanzine 100% dedicated to True Doom Metal and written in French, is finally unleashed!

The ‘zine is 38 pages, and features record, demo and show reviews, as well as interviews with Pagan Altar, Count Raven, Orodruin, Rituals of the Oak, Northwinds and Funeral Circle. On top of it, the first 100 copies will come with a free compilation

Thanks in advance for your support, and pass along the word to all slow-motion headbangers!

Les Templiers

Price (including shipping):
CANADA $4.75 CAD
USA $6 USD
INTERNATIONAL 7€

Send us well-hidden cash here (address valid until December 2010) :
Annick Giroux / Les Templiers
Comptoir postal Frontenac
2600, rue Ontario E, Suite 135, C.P. 88551
Montréal, QC
H2K 4S9 CANADA

or by Paypal (add 4,5% fee):
go_yaten(at)hotmail(dot)com

Distributors, please contact the following address for a package price:
voyagetohell(at)gmail(dot)com

Salutations,

J’ai le grand plaisir de vous informer que « Les Templiers », le premier fanzine francophone dédié à 100% au Doom Métal, est disponible dès aujourd'hui!

« Les Templiers Vol. 1 » renferme des critiques d’albums, de démos et de concerts, ainsi que des entrevues détaillées avec Pagan Altar, Count Raven, Orodruin, Rituals of the Oak, Northwinds et Funeral Circle. En tout : 38 pages format A4 infestées de Vrai Doom Métal! De plus, les premières 100 copies seront accompagnées d’une compilation gratuite!!

Merci en avance pour votre soutien, et passez le mot à vos collègues Doom Métalleux.

Les Templiers

Prix (incluant frais postaux) :
CANADA 4,75$ CAD
USA 6$ USD
INTERNATIONAL 7€

Envoyez-nous le paiement bien caché à cette adresse (valide jusqu’en décembre 2010):

Annick Giroux / Les Templiers
Comptoir postal Frontenac
2600, rue Ontario E, Suite 135, C.P. 88551
Montréal, QC
H2K 4S9 CANADA

ou par Paypal (rajoutez des frais de 4,5 %):
go_yaten(at)hotmail(dot)com

Nous recherchons aussi des distributeurs! Contactez-nous à cette adresse :
voyagetohell(at)gmail(dot)com
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

A fanzine in french, brilliant idea ! I'll order one !
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Yay! Merci beaucoup pour le soutien!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

For a second there I was hoping it was the line-up to a French festival. :P
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Just wondering why nearly everything Metal related that you are a part of is preferably done in french? Don't you think that you could appeal to a much larger audience had all of these projects been done in English?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Avenger wrote:Just wondering why nearly everything Metal related that you are a part of is preferably done in french? Don't you think that you could appeal to a much larger audience had all of these projects been done in English?
Hey, I never answered that the first time. Sorry Avenger. Well, I made plenty of english-language projects in the past (Morbid Tales fanzines, Hellbent for Cooking cookbook) but this one was made in French to promote doom metal in non-english speaking parts of the world, like Montreal and France. We give it for free at a record shop here in Montreal (and include a compilation CD) in order for people to discover new bands beside technical death metal, you know? And it actually worked; since we released the first issue, tons of people have come and see me and told me that they love this and this doom metal band, discovered in the zine. As for Cauchemar, it's partly a tribute to the French metal scene. We find the language fitting for metal, so we choose to write the lyrics in it... plus, it's our mother tongue. I understand that it might limit us, but we are not looking for world domination here. Haha!
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Seriously thinking about ordering this. My French is pretty rusty - as in almost non-existent, courtesy of the public school system. However, my wife makes a living by teaching French. All I need is to ask for her assistance. Will she find it in her heart to translate this for your truly? Will a Doom Metal fanzine be too much for her? Will see.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

I have lots of German mags like That's metal,united forces etc,and i cant understand too much,but it's cool just looking at the pics anyway.metal is like fucking-you don't need languages.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Satannick wrote:
Avenger wrote:Just wondering why nearly everything Metal related that you are a part of is preferably done in french? Don't you think that you could appeal to a much larger audience had all of these projects been done in English?
Hey, I never answered that the first time. Sorry Avenger. Well, I made plenty of english-language projects in the past (Morbid Tales fanzines, Hellbent for Cooking cookbook) but this one was made in French to promote doom metal in non-english speaking parts of the world, like Montreal and France. We give it for free at a record shop here in Montreal (and include a compilation CD) in order for people to discover new bands beside technical death metal, you know? And it actually worked; since we released the first issue, tons of people have come and see me and told me that they love this and this doom metal band, discovered in the zine. As for Cauchemar, it's partly a tribute to the French metal scene. We find the language fitting for metal, so we choose to write the lyrics in it... plus, it's our mother tongue. I understand that it might limit us, but we are not looking for world domination here. Haha!
Fair enough, exept for the part about Montreal being non-english speaking.

I've been there myself in the past and at least half of those that I met spoke entirely english and the rest could speak english as a second language.

Even though I'm quite far from the east coast, I still live in Canada you know. :wink:
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Yeah, most are bilingual but some people feel more comfortable reading in French - and some people from small towns have more trouble speaking English.

Never been to the West coast before, one day I'll come in your part of the country!
Morbid Tapes

Post by Morbid Tapes »

J'ai commandé les deux numéros à mon vieil ami Jeff! ;)
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

omen of hate wrote:A fanzine in french, brilliant idea ! I'll order one !
mine are written in spanish! 8)