Satan is Our Pal

Post by Satan is Our Pal »

Average.
Battlescarred The Story of Ebony Records
www.myspace.com/476306938
daniel wrote: Mr. ultimate metalmaster.
Keir

Post by Keir »

I got mine the other day. One is for me and another is already claimed. If anyone still needs one I have 3 left, same offer as John.
malegys

Post by malegys »

Got my copies today..not bad, not bad at all! Good deal too!
Thanks again for the heads up,Glockose!
"Do you like Wenom?"
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Got my copy today, thanks a lot !
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

got mine too a few days ago, thanks again John!

still thinking about shedding that "sleeve" to downgrade it back to original.. :wink:
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
malegys

Post by malegys »

sagrotan wrote:got mine too a few days ago, thanks again John!

still thinking about shedding that "sleeve" to downgrade it back to original.. :wink:
Aint we all? :D
"Do you like Wenom?"
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Got another one over here.....Thanks John
Never trust the Goblin King....
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Got the single too. The song "Half Life" is nothing special but "Danger Zone" is a great track.

Thanks!
Long Live The Loud !!!
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Ok
I'm at a lose for words.

This 45 had sold on Ebay for $75 to $150

THEN Welfar records found the label who still had BOXES in storage. 300 copies

Instead of trying to sell these for a high price he made a PS which states he found 300 copies of the ORIGINAL 45 from 1986 and made this sleeve today 2009.

He is selling them for $10.

I have had a copy of this 45 for the past 3 years and I can tell you the Vinyl is 100% ORIGINAL from 1986

NOW WHY !!!!!! would I get emails today from people in Germany Claiming that the copies from Welfare Records are Re-Issues

WHY? would people say this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You dont like the PS put it in the trash ....now you have an original 1986 record............. Crazy Crazy Crazy
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

glockose wrote: NOW WHY !!!!!! would I get emails today from people in Germany Claiming that the copies from Welfare Records are Re-Issues

WHY? would people say this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because they paid a shitload of money for a sleeveless copy a few years ago, know that the value will now plummet, so they try to discredit the newly found batch?

I know it doesn't make sense, as they could just throw the PS away as you said, but perhaps they are desperate?
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

People are often so stupid,that they prefer to pay huge amount of money for something offered to them with much less,it's in man's nature to be that stupid.This occurs in record collecting as well....I've heard stories about people refusing to pay a cheaper price than the one they usually came across,just 'cause it was cheaper.Someone explain that to me please.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Trigger wrote:People are often so stupid,that they prefer to pay huge amount of money for something offered to them with much less,it's in man's nature to be that stupid.This occurs in record collecting as well....I've heard stories about people refusing to pay a cheaper price than the one they usually came across,just 'cause it was cheaper.Someone explain that to me please.
Because if you see an item offered for less money than you're used to, you subconsciously believe it to be inferior.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

So

When someone finds a band and gets lots of copies and tries selling them for the current going price. People get mad, and say things like "your ripping off the band and gouging the collector world"

but when you find the band and start selling the copies at a GREAT cheap price, The same people say things like it "must not be real (Bootleg) Repress.... "

Just crazy .... folks are never happy, just want to bitch about something.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

glockose wrote:So

When someone finds a band and gets lots of copies and tries selling them for the current going price. People get mad, and say things like "your ripping off the band and gouging the collector world"

but when you find the band and start selling the copies at a GREAT cheap price, The same people say things like it "must not be real (Bootleg) Repress.... "

Just crazy .... folks are never happy, just want to bitch about something.
If people already have the rare record, they want it to remain rare. So if you find it in bulk, they'll gripe no matter what b/c once word gets around, their copy is de-valued.

Stuff like this is why I never treat records as investments. People see something selling for a big price and they assume it will always be worth that much or go up in value. But that's not the case. If more copies are found, or collectors move on to the next big trend, or if the items don't interest the next generation of collectors, the price is gonna come way down eventually.

Yes, it kind of sucks to pay a lot for something and then have the price plummet If you buy just to have an investment, well, there's a risk in investments, they aren't 'sure things'. You better buy smart and have a little luck. If you buy b/c you really enjoy the items, that won't change just b/c the record you paid $100 for now sells for $10
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky