Ripped off by Salem's Wych?

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
convent guilt

Ripped off by Salem's Wych?

Post by convent guilt »

In January I ordered 2 shirts through the Salem's Wych website. They have not yet turned up and none of my follow-up emails have received a reply. Many of them have in fact bounced back to me.

Has anyone here dealt with Salem's Wych before? And if so, did you have any problems?
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Well cobber, aren't they the betrayer of kings?!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Not the first band to never sent anything and fail to respond. I had it happen to me a couple of times too.
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

I've bought from the site of Salme's Wych 2 years ago the shirt, the shirt arrived with great delay because it seems that they've wrong to write my address the first time.
GJ

Post by GJ »

That explains the spelling of their band name. :D
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

Thanks for the thoughts. Not the first band to rip me off either, or to go quiet as soon as something goes wrong. You dont expect it so much in these days of internet and emails, but it still happens. At least the Clansman's experience gives me some hope..

The never ending battle for the money from your wallets...
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

...you wish for a time that this is no more. You should fight 'til the end cobber and get your sweet revenge. By the way I got your Christian Mistress tape, very unexpected, thanks! Await my analysis soon!
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

No worries cobber! Always a pleasure to aid the spread of good music to good blokes.

As for Salem's Wych, they can get fucked.
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

Sorry to drag this up again (yeah, I should let go), but does anyone have an alternate contact for Salem's Wych outside of their website?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Let it go man. I remember some years ago SW had a contest and gave a free t-shirt and CD on their website (it was freshly launched and they were trying to promote it). A dude from a forum I was pariticipating at the time won it.

Well, months later I saw the dude again, and he told me he never got his prize... so I guess you are not the only one ripped off... you're just wasting your time and nerves with a deadbeats.
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

They were scheduled to play Swordbrothers Festival last year and cancelled shortly before the festival. They thought they could do a 2 months euro tour around it... :D
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I think they have delusions of grandeur judging by the past news posts I've read on their site and can no longer find.
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

Ah, thanks for the info. More fool me for falling into their trap in the first place I guess.

I've been ripped off before and I'll be ripped off again no doubt, but it's never a comfortable feeling to deal with.

Delusions of grandeur indeed... This quote says it all: "Salem’s Wych were of the pioneering bands mixing European metal and punk rock, who along with Metallica, Slayer, Savatage and Anthrax ushered in the thrash metal genre during the early 80’s." Yeah right!
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Salem's Wych Released In China [ 5/25/2006 ]
The Proud Productions music compilation has been released in Hong Kong, mainland China and Taiwan on May 25, 2006. The song Blasphemy by the metal band Salem's Wych is the first metal song from outside of China to be approved by the Chinese governent for release within their borders. WOOOO This will give many Chinese metal fans their first glimps at American metal.
Tossers
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

They sent me new songs a few years ago when they wanted to play KIT, too, but the songs were really bad, modern sounding stuff like METALLICA Load era, so I did not try to do it...Wise decision I thought afterwards...