Snakepit issue 17!

Trading, selling, want lists, distros, weelin' & dealin'
big mouth

Snakepit issue 17!

Post by big mouth »

The beast still roars even if the process takes longer and longer. It doesn’t get heavier, it just stays… REAL METAL!!! Issue 17 is out featuring -hopefully- in depth interviews with the likes of ASSASSIN (U.S./CA), BACKWATER, BËEHLER, BURNER, COMMANDER (U.S./CA), DEATH (an exclusive feature you’ll never see anywhere else!), DEVASTATION (U.S./TX), ENFORCER (U.S./IL), EVIL, EXCITER, FATAL VIOLENCE, HAMMERON, KARION, KICK ASS mag, Rainforest Records, LEVIATHAN (U.S./NY), MAYHEM (U.S./IL), OVERKILL (U.S./NJ), RAT ATTACK, RIOT, RUTHLESS, SLAYER (U.S./TX), SORTILEGE, TRIAL and a bunch of reviews (so easy on criticism)! First orders will get a limited edition 12” (250 copies) of the band ASSASSIN featuring their ripping three song 1985 demo, a killer Power Metal assault in the early Bay Area fashion. Later orders will get a 7” version of that demo but two songs only will be featured. Professionally printed Black and white cover.
$9 each plus postage for 7" version.
$15 each plus postage for 12" version

http://www.nwnprod.com/catalog/product_ ... ts_id=5091

Both the 7" and 12" are sold at the same time so people have the option of purchasing either versions.

As you know postage to send one copy is pretty expensive especially to Europe. High Roller Records, Metaleros records and other distros in Europe will have copies in month or less.

Wholesale is only available for 7" version. NWN Productions can fit 14 magazines in a flat rate Priority Mail box. The wholesale price is $6 each plus postage.

Domestic:$84+$10 = $94
International: $84+$42 = $126
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

can anybody buy me a 12" version for a trade or something?
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

great to see snakepit going back to more traditional metal forms
i ll get this from rainer i suppose
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
msp

Post by msp »

Ordered from NWN last week. I really like this zine. Tons to read too. I'm still trying to finish that Anvil Chorus interview from five years ago
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Ordered one at NWN also. $16 postrates arrg, but who cares. Fantastic zine. Thanks for making it!!!!!!!!!!
Long Live The Loud !!!
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

Hmm, I thought Savage Grace was supposed to be covered in this issue? Anyway, how's the Assassin demo sounds like? I'm thinking should I get the 12" version or just buy the 7" version to save some bucks?
Oh yeah, looking forward to checking out the Mayhem story.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

This Demo is pretty great Power Thrash Metal from the bay area
I need to get the 12"
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Got mine yesterday. The 12" has red cover - way cool!
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

The Sentinel wrote:Ordered one at NWN also. $16 postrates arrg, but who cares. Fantastic zine. Thanks for making it!!!!!!!!!!
$16 postage is insane! I'm not saying NWN is over charging shipping. I guess the postage is justifiable for a thick zine + 12" LP + good packaging. But then why can't they just release the demo on CD or cassette tape?
Now I just wonder how much is the international postage for the 7" version. I was actually eager to get my hands on the zine but now the price has put me off. I will still buy it but maybe not so soon, owing to my other financial commitments at present. Snakepit is a must-buy zine after all. :wink:
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

The Knell wrote:This Demo is pretty great Power Thrash Metal from the bay area
I need to get the 12"
Can I expect something like Heathen? I certainly hope so. Or maybe Warning SF (I hope not 'cos I don't really dig their "Aftermath" album)? :)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

mega_lodon wrote:$16 postage is insane!
Well, the package I received (mag + 12" in proper cardboard box) weighted close to 2 lbs . Here is the actual postal calculator, go check how much it will cost for yourself: http://ircalc.usps.gov

I think Yosuke forgot to update his prices since last postal increase. $16 is definitely not enough for 2 lbs box to be shipped to Europe.

Not to mention that if you live outside Western Europe and need your package sent via registered mail you should add $10.80 extra to the shipping cost...
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Hmm, I thought Savage Grace was supposed to be covered in this issue
Issue 18..I've been working on this for 18 months...don't worry you won't be disapointed hehe....

ASSASSIN.... is like...it's hard to say..it's close to Thrash but not Thrash though, still Power Metal, very intense with hooks, kinda like U. SIREN meeting very early HEATHEN (1985) and EXODUS at times....

Or maybe Warning SF (I hope not 'cos I don't really dig their "Aftermath" album)?
I can see why.... At least I hope you're digging the '86 demo!!!!

$16 postage is insane! I'm not saying NWN is over charging shipping. I guess the postage is justifiable for a thick zine + 12" LP + good packaging. But then why can't they just release the demo on CD or cassette tape?
I know it's expensive but postage is damn expensive..as for Europe... there's a few distros who will have the 7" for sale (witrh the mazg of course) so that can save cash for Europeans....
Doing a CD or a cassette? For what? I mean vinyl really identity to Metal... doing a cd like all other magazines doesn't interest me at all.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

big mouth wrote:
ASSASSIN.... is like...it's hard to say..it's close to Thrash but not Thrash though, still Power Metal, very intense with hooks, kinda like U. SIREN meeting very early HEATHEN (1985) and EXODUS at times....
Now this is tempting. I think I'll still go for the 7" version. Need money to replace my broken fan in my house. Man the weather is getting hot nowadays... :D
big mouth wrote:
I can see why.... At least I hope you're digging the '86 demo!!!!
"Aftermath" is not bad in overall. Just a couple of weak songs (the first few songs on the album if I remember correctly) left a bad taste in mouth.
big mouth wrote:
I know it's expensive but postage is damn expensive..as for Europe... there's a few distros who will have the 7" for sale (witrh the mazg of course) so that can save cash for Europeans....
Doing a CD or a cassette? For what? I mean vinyl really identity to Metal... doing a cd like all other magazines doesn't interest me at all.
I grew up with cassette so vinyl has little sentimental value for me. Nevertheless I do like LPs especially those come with cool cover artwork. It's just the shipping cost that is killing me...
By the way, I'm located in Singapore (Asia). Shipping the mag from Europe is even more expensive I guess.
Man did I say it's really hot in here? :lol:
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

stormspell wrote:
I think Yosuke forgot to update his prices since last postal increase. $16 is definitely not enough for 2 lbs box to be shipped to Europe.
I can understand, that it isn't enough, but this is what NWNPROD charges me for sending the mag and 12":

Priority Mail International (6 - 10 Days) $75.50

They better be delivering it with Air Force One for that price.

And no I do not live in the vast steps of Novosibirsk.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mega_lodon wrote:why can't they just release the demo on CD or cassette tape?
Because CD's aren't "kvlt"..........

Andreas wrote:this is what NWNPROD charges me for sending the mag and 12":

Priority Mail International (6 - 10 Days) $75.50
Your kidding right?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."