PAGAN ALTAR, Warning etc London 19/10 - ROLLCALL!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Me + Mordred should be arriving in London early friday morning and hopefully we'll join up with Lindell, Fimbul + some other Swedes later in the day. Anyone else here who hasn't announced their presence? Looking forward to put some faces to those nicks 8)
BestialLust

Post by BestialLust »

Will of course be attending the gig of the century, and Cloven Hoof the following day. I've already been dreaming about it :lol:. This is presuming Rich received my cheque in the post despite the postal service problems lately.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Unmissable and killer weekend of shows! Salivating already.
Helm

Post by Helm »

Warning is the reason to go to that one, in my opinion. 'Watching from a Distance' distills Doom Metal to the quintessence. Timeless, amazing, forever.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'll be going, together with a few other Norwegians. I'm probably the biggest guy there, in all three dimensions :wink:

Will go to the Cloven Hoof/Elixir gig the day after as well. Hope to meet some of you guys there.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Levi

Post by Levi »

Haven't bought advance tickets for the Cloven Hoof gig, will see if I feel like going the day itself. Friday will be a night to remember, I'm sure of that :)
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Everybody have fun!

Somebody should post some pics (oops, I mean "Visions of Mortality"!) when they get back. :twisted:
Gabhair

Post by Gabhair »

Just about to head out the door and make my way to London for an unbraining session that lies ahead.
Watch out for the Irish, and I apologise for the smell in advance.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Report please 8)
Long Live The Loud !!!
Levi

Post by Levi »

I pissed my pants. Several times. Still can't believe I experienced this. Will elaborate later when I find the time.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Judging by the Youtube footage it looks (and sounds) damn perfect. I'm going to see them in Rotterdoom, can't wait damnit
Long Live The Loud !!!
Levi

Post by Levi »

Here we go:

It was an amazing night, worth every penny and a lot more. Still can't believe I saw PA live, it was unbelieveable. Sound wasn't top notch, but the atmosphere did make up for that. What a crowd, must have been a pleasure to play for as a band. Really looking forward to the gig in Rotterdam. Feel bad I can't do all three gigs but Germany and Holland in the same weekend is impossible for me money- and transportation wise. However I don't think this night can be topped, must have been the best gig I've seen and I think it will remain so for a long time to come.

Warning impressed me very much. Didn't expect them to be that good live, but what a band with large amounts of charisma. The Lamp of Thoth were pretty much what I expected them to be: solid as a brick. Against Nature were fine too, The River isn't really my cup of tea.

Met DaN to, he looked less like Croatian money this time so I doubted it was him, but it was. Didn't get to the Cloven Hoof show anymore, was really exhausted.
ARC

Post by ARC »

Levi wrote:Met DaN to, he looked less like Croatian money this time so I doubted it was him, but it was.
He’s a short little bugger isn’t he?
A bit like a rodent or a very small dog