TROTYL - The Warrior

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

TROTYL - The Warrior

Post by Stormspell »

The veteran Bulgarian heavy-power band. Anthology of songs spanning their early period 1981-1989 coming out soon:

bastard priest

Re: TROTYL - The Warrior

Post by bastard priest »

A recently recorded material or old original one? Great news anyway.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

All songs were conceived and played live during the 80s, but re-recorded recently as there are no original recordings, apart from the 7" EP. I'm not big fan of re-recorded material myself, but simply we had no choice, and those re-recordings are paying very thruthful homage to the originals, so all in all I think it will be an interesting release for the few die-hard fans.

The youtube link you posted is from their 90's hard rock-ish period. We did not include any of those. The Anthology is strictly limited to earlier 80's heavy metal material

great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Interesting release. I'll get one of those, for sure.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Tracklist:
01. The March [1988]
02. The Savior [1984]
03. Fire Trace [1989]
04. Heretic [1988]
05. Mirage [1980]
06. Wicked World [1987]
07. Who Am I [1987]
08. Black Night [1988]
09. Trotyl [1988]
10. Lunatic [1987]
11. The End [1990]
12. Warrior [1989]

All songs written at the times indicated above. Recoded during 2022-2023 with the original line-up, plus the current band vocalist, paying truthful homage to the original recordings. 12-page booklet with band story, info, lyrics, and archive photos. Coming out in mid-December.
HighwayCorsair

Post by HighwayCorsair »

Great news!
Owner of Nameless Grave Records. Guitar for Serpent Rider, heavy metal on No Remorse Records. Editor of The Highway Corsair print fanzine.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

It's been out for close to two months now, generating quite positive response. Which is good as a lot of effort went into this release

Detailed info and audio samples here: https://stormspell.bandcamp.com/album/w ... -1980-1990
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Ordered. Didn't notice it was released. I know it is almost impossible but hope you can re release those early Epizod tapes. And if you can complete unreleased Accent and Slavqni etc into some kind of compilation...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

bastard priest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:13 pm Ordered. Didn't notice it was released. I know it is almost impossible but hope you can re release those early Epizod tapes. And if you can complete unreleased Accent and Slavqni etc into some kind of compilation...
Thanks for the support man, appreciated very much!

Regarding Epizod, I have been talking to those guys for years, as I really really want to release the 2-nd album "Murtvetz Sred Murtavci", which is the odd-ball in their discography, sung by one of the guitar players (Miro Gulubov) and is epic as f-k in the vein of early Candlemass. But sadly, there is an ongoing legal dispute between some band members, and until this is sorted out, nothing will transpire.

If I return to live back in Europe next year, I may talk to Nesh regarding all those projcts he had back in the 80s/early 90s.

I wish I could talk Erol to let me re-release SPLEEN, that tape album from 1990 is total techno-thrash masterpiece, but sadly this is a lost cause.
Aditi5897

Post by Aditi5897 »

Stormspell wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:57 am
bastard priest wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 4:13 pm Ordered. Didn't notice it was released. I know it is almost impossible but hope you can re release those early Epizod tapes. And if you can complete unreleased Accent and Slavqni etc into some kind of compilation...
Thanks for the support man, appreciated very much!

Regarding Epizod, I have been talking to those guys for years, as I really really want to release the 2-nd album "Murtvetz Sred Murtavci", which is the odd-ball in their discography, sung by one of the guitar players (Miro Gulubov) and is epic as f-k in the vein of early Candlemass. But sadly, there is an ongoing legal dispute between some band members, and until this is sorted out, nothing will transpire.

If I return to live back in Europe next year, I may talk to Nesh regarding all those projcts he had back in the 80s/early 90s.

I wish I could talk Erol to let me re-release SPLEEN, that tape album from 1990 is total techno-thrash masterpiece, but sadly this is a lost cause.
Hi,magic 8 ball
It's truly disappointing to hear about the legal disputes hindering the release of Epizod's second album. It sounds like a remarkable piece of work that fans are eagerly anticipating. Hopefully, the band members can resolve their differences soon, allowing the album to see the light of day. Additionally, it would be fantastic to see Nesh's projects from the 80s/early 90s revisited. As for SPLEEN, it's a shame that re-releasing it seems unlikely. Such a techno-thrash masterpiece deserves wider recognition.
Last edited by Aditi5897 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aditi5897

Post by Aditi5897 »

What are the key attributes of TROTYL, the warrior, that make them stand out in their role?
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Got it, blagodarq bate ;)
Wish it was recorded back in 80es but what to do.
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

Will this be released on vinyl as well? Front cover is pretty awesome.
I am ... the One you warned me of
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Noisenik wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:14 pm Will this be released on vinyl as well? Front cover is pretty awesome.
If a vinyl label shows interest, I'm sure the band would consider it.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

bastard priest wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:26 am Got it, blagodarq bate ;)
Wish it was recorded back in 80es but what to do.
Glad to see the package arrived safe and sound, cheers!