HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Sentinel wrote:Concerning Hell, I hope they don't use a modern digital production, let's see what happens.
Fear the Sneap...
boris

HELL - UPDATE !!!

Post by boris »

Managed to get the following info from Andy Sneap :

REGARDING THE NEW ALBUM :

HUMAN REMAINS will be a 10 track album (for tracklisting see Miskatonic forum) and will include A SECOND DISC WITH OLD MATERIAL REMASTERED !
Work is in progress !!!

REGARDING OLD STUFF :

Just some insights and corrections - Scheming Demons is actually called SCREAMING DEMONS (that is what's written on Dave's own tape) and included 2 more tracks - Where Angels Fear to Tread and No Martyr's Cage. Was recorded april 1982.

The 7 track demo is actually not a 7 tracks - the 3 last tracks are from a different session called SQUARE DANCE session

Also, the 7'' session also included Macbeth and Judas.

And - there is more Race Against Time material in existance !
omen of hate

Re: HELL - UPDATE !!!

Post by omen of hate »

boris wrote: And - there is more Race Against Time material in existance !
Maybe, the best news of the debut of this year !!! Let's hope they'll soon release this material !!
boris

Post by boris »

Correction - Andy has checked the tape and it is SCHEMING DEMONS after all.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Thanks for the updates Boris.
boris

Post by boris »

no problem, just hope the final product will satisfy as many people as possible ...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

What's the tracklisting (for the 2nd disc)?

Andy Sneap knows how to ruin my mood. Telling us there is even more unreleased material that won't be released this decade.
DMR

Post by DMR »

Is this coming out through Miskatonic, or are they releasing it themselves?
boris

Post by boris »

There's no tracklisting for the 2nd disc. Andy has it all remastered, just need to choose.

It's not going to be on Miskatonic, no, the label is un-named yet.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

boris wrote:There's no tracklisting for the 2nd disc. Andy has it all remastered, just need to choose.
I expect nothing less than 70 minutes of classic Hell on the 2nd disc.
boris wrote:It's not going to be on Miskatonic, no, the label is un-named yet.
Better not be a big label making it even worse.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

That's a FAR better idea to make 1 disc with new material and 1 disc with their classic stuff. I definately will get one
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The best would be of course to make two seperate releases, but Sneap's plans seem to be more malevolent...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ION BRITTON wrote:The best would be of course to make two seperate releases, but Sneap's plans seem to be more malevolent...
Well, if Sneap figures out he can sell both at the full-price instead of one 2CD for only one and a half times the regular price he might still reconsider. Then again, people would complain for they might've just as well finished of the remaining tracks and made it into a 4(or more)CD boxset...
Scarab

REUNION SCARAB

Post by Scarab »

steelegacy wrote:I cannot speak for something i havent heard ,i just have my doubts and fears for that reunion ,how can you bring that unique sound of old HELL in life again?its very hard,i wish they will but i still have my doubts .Most of british bands reunions have disappointed me,except PAGAN ALTAR!!!!
Reunions are always a tricky thing......after 20 years apart is it worth doing again? Have 40 year old plus mucisians got anything relevent to share with the world? It worry's the fuck out of me I'll tell you.................but bands like PAGAN ALTER should be a insperation to us all. Scarab starts work on an the album for Miskotonic in May, and has 3 of the 4 memeber from the "Poltergeist" session..................drummer TBA...........all we can do is "run it up the flag pole, and who salutes it"

Make the sign \m/
I'll make a trade, a soul for a soul............................
Black Axe

Re: REUNION SCARAB

Post by Black Axe »

Scarab wrote:
steelegacy wrote:I cannot speak for something i havent heard ,i just have my doubts and fears for that reunion ,how can you bring that unique sound of old HELL in life again?its very hard,i wish they will but i still have my doubts .Most of british bands reunions have disappointed me,except PAGAN ALTAR!!!!
Reunions are always a tricky thing......after 20 years apart is it worth doing again? Have 40 year old plus mucisians got anything relevent to share with the world? It worry's the fuck out of me I'll tell you.................but bands like PAGAN ALTER should be a insperation to us all. Scarab starts work on an the album for Miskotonic in May, and has 3 of the 4 memeber from the "Poltergeist" session..................drummer TBA...........all we can do is "run it up the flag pole, and who salutes it"

Make the sign \m/
Somehow, I've more faith in the re-recorded Scarab material. Unless you also have Andy Sneap producing. Hope not... :lol: