HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
mordred

Post by mordred »

Marken wrote:Mordred: Never bothered checking out Gravestone, but for their sake I hope they're better than Angel Witch.
Do check them out, they're exactly the kind of generic stuff you seem to prefer over real class stuff like Angel Witch. :lol:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Marken

Post by Marken »

mordred wrote:
Marken wrote:Mordred: Never bothered checking out Gravestone, but for their sake I hope they're better than Angel Witch.
Do check them out, they're exactly the kind of generic stuff you seem to prefer over real class stuff like Angel Witch. :lol:
Checked out the songs Back to Attack and The Tiger right now, and I think I'll leave it at that. I agree, generic stuff. In that way it's kinda like Angel Witch.
No, I prefer classacts like Cobra, Revenge, Nightmare, Split Heaven, Damien, Metal Church, Vicious Rumors, Riot, ADX, Depressive Age, Attacker, Lost Horizon, Morgana Lefay, Winger, Malediction, Heathen, Paradox, Overkill etc. over boring stuff like Angel Witch any day, and everybody else should be doing exactly the same. :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Marken wrote:
GJ wrote:Guess I have to live without it. I tried booking that hotel in Beckstein, but there were no rooms left. Damn!
That's a pity! Would have been really nice to see you guys again there next year.
Guess I'll have to bring my discman and some Winger-cd's down to the festivalarea for you to listen then.
Maybe we could ask the soundguy if he could play it through the PA? :D
I can cancel our present booking (in Bad Mergentheim) without cost until the 28th of March, so I will probably check if there are some cancellations later on (would definitely have been nice to meet you guys at breakfast as well as having the fesival withing walking distance (Swedish, not Norwegian :lol: ).
Marken

Post by Marken »

GJ wrote:
Marken wrote:
GJ wrote:Guess I have to live without it. I tried booking that hotel in Beckstein, but there were no rooms left. Damn!
That's a pity! Would have been really nice to see you guys again there next year.
Guess I'll have to bring my discman and some Winger-cd's down to the festivalarea for you to listen then.
Maybe we could ask the soundguy if he could play it through the PA? :D
I can cancel our present booking (in Bad Mergentheim) without cost until the 28th of March, so I will probably check if there are some cancellations later on (would definitely have been nice to meet you guys at breakfast as well as having the fesival withing walking distance (Swedish, not Norwegian :lol: ).
Haha, it would be nice with "Miles Away", "Seventeen" and stuff like that through the PA. The spandex-people would instantly start (head)banging.

And if you ask nicely, we could take a picture of you, for your next innersleeve, while walking to the festival-area. We norwegians know how to get those pictures rocking :lol:
Yes, guess we just have to wait for some cancellations then...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Marken wrote:Next year I'll bring some Winger-albums, especially the last three are brilliant, with me at KIT that you and I can listen to. Guess you're looking forward to that session!
I would pay money to see someone kick over the stereo when it's playing Winger.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Marken

Post by Marken »

Avenger wrote:
Marken wrote:Next year I'll bring some Winger-albums, especially the last three are brilliant, with me at KIT that you and I can listen to. Guess you're looking forward to that session!
I would pay money to see someone kick over the stereo when it's playing Winger.
You are probably a very nice person, but you will not be invited to a party at my house.

Now it's time for you people to talk about HELL again...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Winger is great and I'm going to put PULL on my mp3 player for my evening walk. Junkyard Dog (Tears on Stone) is a headbanging rocker which always get my blood boiling
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Bane

Post by Bane »

A cool way for a fan to spend NYE...

Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

The album is brilliant, the drum production isn't as great as it could be but whatever... I LOVE the vocals, so theatrical and so amazing, they really give me the chills. Just "The quest" sounds like it snuck on to the CD off another band's master tape. Still like it though!
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Well well well... As not a big fan of any forums I just recently stumbled upon this one. I was happy to find out there's 24 pages of discussion about Hell, maybe even the #1 band for me. Too much of this discussion seemed to be horrible prejudices and elitist whining, what a disappointment.
Okay, I admit that I had similar feelings about the reformation; "My beloved obscure underground favourite getting a new audience consisting of stupid teenagers who spotted the band from Nuclear Blast's ad... Pearls for swine!!!"
And I still get frustrated seeing some of those 'wrong' people wearing the recently printed new Hell shirts and throwing their annoying comments on Hell videos etc. But I have tried to think outside the box, keeping in mind that I just want all the good for the band; selling a lot of their supreme music and touring widely is what they must enjoy, thus I try to be happy for their success and the new wider audience (even though I still get the feeling that the band is like a close relative getting constantly raped :? ).
Personally I enjoyed Human Remains a lot, even more than the demos from time to time (surprised myself)! A lot of negative comments were thrown when the news came with names of Andy Sneap, Martin Walkyier and Dani Filth but now, after the album has been out for almost a year, I wonder who many had to eat their words? Anyone who is TRULY a fan of Hell's music can't just say that the new album sucks, no matter how modern the production is or how far away David Bower is from Halliday. Those songs had much more in them than the demo recordings (sadly) had to offer. I'd give ANYTHING to be there in the front row when Halliday himself plays a show but as it's impossible, I find the most comfort from Human Remains and their new live shows! (Going to Sweden this summer to see my 2nd one at Muskelrock... I wonder how this sellout nuclear blast andy sneap megalomaniac garbage band plays there and at Metal Magic...? They're just after money, right?)
The Devil is within us all...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Ironhead wrote:A lot of negative comments were thrown when the news came with names of Andy Sneap, Martin Walkyier and Dani Filth but now, after the album has been out for almost a year, I wonder who many had to eat their words?
Since Walkyier and Filth didn't fully appear on the album and Sneap held back on overmodernising, you could also argue that the negative comments helped. :p
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Black Axe wrote:
Ironhead wrote:A lot of negative comments were thrown when the news came with names of Andy Sneap, Martin Walkyier and Dani Filth but now, after the album has been out for almost a year, I wonder who many had to eat their words?
Since Walkyier and Filth didn't fully appear on the album and Sneap held back on overmodernising, you could also argue that the negative comments helped. :p
Well, might be. At least the featuring of Dani Filth was left off to avoid drawing attention with his name and the bonus disc got properly released.
But it definitely wasn't thanks to the prejudices and "I will never buy a new Hell album" comments that "held Sneap back on overmodernising". He's the guy who for example demanded to save the spoken intro of Macbeth, even recorded the raven/magpie voices for it.
The Devil is within us all...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

You gotta admit that we had our fair share of outrageously overenthusiastic fanboy comments as well. 'Best album of the last 25 years' - comments like this can provoke only extreme responses. I'm under the impression that certain people cannot digest the fact that a respectable number of the fans of the old material simply didn't like the new album.

As for me, I haven't played the album one single time one year after my initial listens and this tells me a few things about its 'classic' qualities. But at least I still have the bonus CD to enjoy.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:As for me, I haven't played the album one single time one year after my initial listens and this tells me a few things about its 'classic' qualities. But at least I still have the bonus CD to enjoy.
I'll fully vouch that.

Either way, I give my gratitude to the band for holding strong to their word and giving the fans of the old material the bonus disc. I bought it so they got my support and in the end I'm happy.