HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

I've bought the album. Only listen to it once, I'm not very impressed at first listen ...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Heavy wrote:So is everyone on the forum boycotting Hell since the record release? :D
No. We just expected to go to hell on the 21st and were disappointed.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

Did anyone who bought the limited edition get a 2CD jewelcase version? I see those popping up all over Ebay and I gotta say I am fairly interested in them. The slipcase/digipack packaging I got really sucks so I would love a normal jewelcase version. Is that one a bootleg or something because it costs a lot less.
mega_lodon

Post by mega_lodon »

What's so bad about the digipack version?
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Does the separate digipacks version have a separate booklet with information and stuff? If not I really see no point in getting that over the 2CD version.
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

mega_lodon wrote:What's so bad about the digipack version?
I dislike the slipcase that the digipack are in (too tight!) and digipacks in general. I would much rather have a 2CD jewelcase version with an extended booklet or two booklets.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I coughed $68 for the vinyl (with taxes and shipping). I hope it is worth.
Mythiis

Post by Mythiis »

The slipcase was really tight with the 2CD digipack version. But I put it in my book shelf as a decorative piece and put the CDs among my other CDs. Very good looking release with the separate booklets and the coloured CDs. Great album as well and I really appreciated the demo reissue since the cassette rips I have sound terrible.
I summoned up the living dead, and demons in the skies.
I drank from chalice warm and red, and watched the virgin die.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Can you describe what's in the demos booklet a bit? I already bought the single CD version and eventually plan on buying the version with the demos as well, but I'm trying to decide if the separate digipack release is work it for the extra $15+.
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

I think it's an awesome album. It took a few listens to get adjusted to the updated production and arrangements, but I love it. The vocals in particular are amazingly eerie in the way that they channel Dave Halliday. What a killer job! I hope there's another album someday, because there were a few older songs that I wished they had re-recorded.

I have to admit, I originally bought the MP3 version of this from Amazon because it was cheaper than a CD (and I have way too many of those) and I wasn't sure if I'd like the updated Hell sound or not. After listening to it a few times, I also bought a CD copy. Yeah, I'm a sucker, but this album is worth it. :)
destroya

Post by destroya »

I fuckin love the album, can't stop playing it !!!!!!!!!
At The MFN last Friday they were fuckin awesome !!!!!!
Just Like To Wish Kev & The Guys All The Best.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I downloaded this to listen. If I would have bought this I'd be very disappointed (though I understand some people think the most important thing is that money is spent regardless of it being worth it or not). "On Earth As It Is In Hell" actually turned out to be the best track. Keyboards are really bad, the intro... Embarrassing, simply because the sounds are off-putting pseudo-symphonic crap. Intro to "No Martyr's Cage" sounds like off the Halo 3 soundtrack haha and sounds alright ;) The vocals are very good, but don't save the album. Sure there are some cool riffs here and there though I sat wondering when I'd feel like listening to this and couldn't think of such a time. The older versions of the songs definetely sound better even if I've never been a huge fan of HELL.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Mythiis

Post by Mythiis »

Dodens Grav wrote:Can you describe what's in the demos booklet a bit? I already bought the single CD version and eventually plan on buying the version with the demos as well, but I'm trying to decide if the separate digipack release is work it for the extra $15+.
It contains lots and lots of pics from back in the day, some newspaper articles, a centre spread with all the rejection letters Hell received from record companies and two "band histories"; one by Kev Bower and one by Andy Sneap. I, at least, think it's really good looking and well made. I've loved these songs for a long time and it feels good to have them on an official CD release with descent sound quality.
I summoned up the living dead, and demons in the skies.
I drank from chalice warm and red, and watched the virgin die.
msp

Post by msp »

I will be picking up my vinyl copy from the Post Office on Saturday.

I am quite intrigued to hear it. I am wondering if it really is the greatest heavy metal album of the last 25 years as some have claimed or some modern sounding dullfest. I suspect it is going to fall somewhere in the middle but we shall see.

Now, where did I put my EDGUY rarities...
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

NAAHHH,IT'S NEITHER,BUT STILL IT'S A KILLER ALBUM!
AT TIMES EVEN BETTER THAN THE OLD ORIGINALS!
Never trust the Goblin King....