The Mighty ZEKE Return With 'Hellbender'!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
bigfootkit

The Mighty ZEKE Return With 'Hellbender'!

Post by bigfootkit »

Just discovered that the first new ZEKE album in 14 years is almost upon us. Proper excited.
Three song preview vid:

[youtube]-od0VAeWF9E[/youtube]

Seattle punk legends ZEKE return with their first new album in over fourteen years, titled Hellbender, set for release through Relapse Records.
Short, fast, loud, and to the fuckin’ point, Hellbender contains fifteen tracks laced with ZEKE’s signature mix of hyperspeed thrash-punk and Motörhead-possessed, hard as nails, rock ‘n’ roll. Complete with a raucous, in-your-face production by Jack Endino (High On Fire, The Accüsed), with artwork by Hollis Tucker and Lee Goode, sounding more aggressive, immediate, and turbo-charged than ever before!
Ride to live…
ZEKE’s new album Hellbender is due out March 30th, 2018 on CD, LP, and digital via Relapse Records. Physical packages are available via Relapse.com.
Additionally, ZEKE will embark on a headlining Spring European tour in support of Hellbender’s release next month. The tour commences on March 30th at Paaspop Festival in Schijndel, Netherlands and ends May 5th in Kassel, Germany. A short stint of regional dates in the Pacific Northwest will take place in the coming months as well. A full list of current confirmed tour dates is available below.

Track Listing:
1. All The Way
2. Two Lane Blacktop
3. On The Road
4. Working Man
5. Hellbender
6. County Jail
7. Burn
8. Goin’ Down
9. White Wolf
10. AR-15
11. Cougar Rock
12. Devil’s Night
13. Ride On
14. Redline
15. Big Rig

ZEKE Tour Dates:
2/10/2018 Darrell’s – Seattle, WA
2/17/2018 Dante’s – Portland, OR
3/10/2018 Tony V – Everett, WA
3/17/2018 The Manette Saloon – Bremerton, WA
3/24/2018 El Corazon – Seattle, WA
3/30/2018 Paaspop Festival – Schijndel, NL
3/31/2018 Tower – Bremen, DE
4/01/2018 Loppen – Copenhagen, DK
4/02/2018 Frimis Salonger – Orebro, SE
4/03/2018 Bar Brooklyn – Stockholm, SE
4/04/2018 Krosset – Oslo, NO
4/06/2018 Pustervik – Goteborg, SE
4/07/2018 1000Fryd – Aalborg, DK
4/08/2018 Schaubude – Kiel, DE
4/09/2018 Hafenklang – Hamburg, DE
4/11/2018 Rote Sonne – Munchen, DE
4/12/2018 Freakout Club – Bologna, IT
4/13/2018 Evol – Roma, IT
4/14/2018 The Cage – Livorno, IT
4/15/2018 Circolo Magnolia – Segrate, IT
4/16/2018 Secret Place – Montpellier, FR
4/18/2018 Rocksound – Barcelona, ES
4/19/2018 TBA – Valencia, ES
4/20/2018 Gruta 77 – Madrid, ES
4/21/2018 Jimmy Jazz – Vitoria, ES
4/22/2018 Rock’n’Eat – Lyon, FR
4/24/2018 Bi Nuu – Berlin, DE
4/25/2018 Don’t Panic – Essen, DE
4/26/2018 Helios 37 – Koln, DE
4/27/2018 Pitfest – Erica, NL
4/28/2018 Stockrock – Hagen a.T.W., DE
4/29/2018 De Helling – Utrecht, NL
4/30/2018 Nostra – Opwijk, BE
5/01/2018 The Thekla – Bristol, UK
5/02/2018 Rebellion Club – Manchester, UK
5/03/2018 The Rescue Rooms – Nottingham, UK
5/04/2018 Desertfest – London, UK
5/05/2018 K-19 – Kassel, DE
Last edited by bigfootkit on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
bigfootkit

Re: The Mighty ZEKE Return With 'Hellbender'!

Post by bigfootkit »

Been loving this ever since it arrived.
Like being kicked in the face constantly for 20 minutes, but in a good way.
Still sounds like Motorhead being played at 45 instead of 33, not a hint of any mellowing with age.
No-one does it better.

New official video for 'Two Lane Blacktop' :
[youtube]cKk17c447mI[/youtube]
Lama

Post by Lama »

Incredible record! Their most exxxtreme effort so far! Saw them live yesterday here in Belgium. As always an incredible experience. One of the best live bands ever!
Kampel Destruction
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Lama wrote:Incredible record! Their most exxxtreme effort so far! Saw them live yesterday here in Belgium. As always an incredible experience. One of the best live bands ever!
I've yet to have the pleasure of seeing them live unfortunately, but hopefully i will one day. Did the new guitarist handle any of the lead parts live or did BMF keep them all for himself?
humus

Post by humus »

Lama wrote:Incredible record! Their most exxxtreme effort so far! Saw them live yesterday here in Belgium. As always an incredible experience. One of the best live bands ever!
Wanted to go but the misses had already bought tickets for Eyehategod the same evening.
Lama

Post by Lama »

bigfootkit wrote:
I've yet to have the pleasure of seeing them live unfortunately, but hopefully i will one day. Did the new guitarist handle any of the lead parts live or did BMF keep them all for himself?
They both did lead parts.
Kampel Destruction
Lama

Post by Lama »

humus wrote:
Wanted to go but the misses had already bought tickets for Eyehategod the same evening.
Well, Zeke was on fire (like always), but faced the lamest audience ever. It's really a shame when only me, Maxim, den Elvis (a notorious figure in the rock 'n' roll/rockabilly scene) and a female punk of a respectable age were trying to get some action in the pit going :? . How was it in Antwerp? I've heard Eyehategod was quite interesting to see...
Kampel Destruction
humus

Post by humus »

Lama wrote:
humus wrote:
Well, Zeke was on fire (like always), but faced the lamest audience ever. It's really a shame when only me, Maxim, den Elvis (a notorious figure in the rock 'n' roll/rockabilly scene) and a female punk of a respectable age were trying to get some action in the pit going :? . How was it in Antwerp? I've heard Eyehategod was quite interesting to see...
Older guy called Erik? Or another Elvis (I imagine atleast ten guys call themselves Elvis in Belgium alone)?
Eyehategod was nice. They played for more than one hour, though 45-50 minutes would have been enough for me. Lacks a bit of variation sometimes. Singer looks worn-out as fuck but that's to be expected of course. Alkerdeel did a really strong opening set.
Lama

Post by Lama »

I don't know the real name of that particular 'Elvis' guy. In his late 40s I think. Tough guy, kind of a loudmouth.
Kampel Destruction