SIREN are back!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

SIREN are back!

Post by Stormspell »

And they havent missed a beat! Check this out:

[youtube]koB34CnJodY[/youtube]
Noisenik

Re: SIREN are back!

Post by Noisenik »

:shock:

Unbelievable! kick ass!
I am ... the One you warned me of
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The BIG EVENT at upcoming KIT for me. About the new tune, um... if you ignore the typical 'modern' production it's actually a really good one. Got a tracklist for the anthology-album, Iordan?
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I found this one kind of corny, but I do want to hear the rest of the album. Had "Over the Rainbow" in my head yesterday, coincidentally.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Other then Doug Lee's vocels this sounds nothing like Siren. It's not even borderline progressive and any redeeming factor it did have is ruined by the already mentioned over modern production.

Now the real question: is Stormspell back?

There's been pretty much nothing but exclusively new bands released over the last year and a half... Pretty yawn worthy for a guy that bought a good portion of the releases from 2006-2015.

I'd love another "Red, White And Heavy" type series personally.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Avenger wrote:Other then Doug Lee's vocels this sounds nothing like Siren.
I always thought one of the best things about Siren was that their sound was hard to pin down from release to release.
They mixed up their approach quite a bit but there was always enough that remained 'Siren-like' to carry them through without their identity ever being lost. I quite enjoyed the new song, but i'm assuming, (and hoping), that this is the catchy 'single' designed to draw people in, with the direction of the album being more redolent of the Siren of yore.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
wicked keeper

Post by wicked keeper »

Yes how boring that Stormspell's mainly releasing new bands these days instead of flooding the market with even more reissues of "lost" demos by obscure 5th rate Queensryche/Lethal clones from the US for Greeks to cry and piss their pants over.... :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

wicked keeper wrote:reissues of "lost" demos by obscure 5th rate Queensryche/Lethal clones from the US
Not so much the case here as it is with other labels that release "arcane" material...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Yronbeast86

Post by Yronbeast86 »

Too bad that the Siren(US/FL) release isn't available now, but it will be worth waiting for. Been ( as many of you have too) forward to this for a very long time.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Guys, its not always black or white, and hey!! Guess what! Our personal tastes and beliefs do n't define the truth. Myself I m a fan of demo reissues but also i follow closely the (trad metal) new releases. I do agree with Avenger that most of the new Stormspell releases seem pointless and boring, but the same I believe f.e. about the latest arkeyn steel reissues. But guess another thing! Neither of them owes us shit, and since there are people that enjoy both, our opinion has less worth than a load of shit in a Christmas package!

PS. Checking my collection in discogs, it seems that I own 37 Stormspell releases and 37 of Arkeyn Steel/Steel Gallery too. Probably the point of view of a labels' buyer/supporter is a useful tool, but in no way I'm entitled to tell them what is good or not for their label.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I don't think someone's opinion is of less value if he doesn't enjoy the stuff he's listening to. Especially if he has paid for the item he has bought. I've bought almost all Stormspell demo reissues and the truth is don't like them all. Same goes for Arkeyn Steel, I had bought most of them at least up to a point, can't say they are all that good to my ears. I do not ''owe'' neither of them anything and they don't ''owe'' me either. I don't feel that my opinion on them is not worth a shit and if any label owner feels that way about what their supporters have to say, I say Fuck them.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

More or less we agree. I was refering mainly to the attitude of Avenger which sounded to me like, "Yo, man I'm a customer so you MUST take under consideration what I want and what I believe" and Wicked Keeper who describes the ones still buying Queensryche/Lethal clones like stupid sheep because HE doesn't like such kind of bands. No problem with opinions, even with the ones I disagree, as long as they are not presented as the ultimate truth.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

wicked keeper wrote:Yes how boring that Stormspell's mainly releasing new bands these days instead of flooding the market with even more reissues of "lost" demos by obscure 5th rate Queensryche/Lethal clones from the US for Greeks to cry and piss their pants over.... :lol:
These demos are far more enjoyable for a guy with interests in old Metal then the over polished retro thrash revival.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Priamos wrote:More or less we agree. I was refering mainly to the attitude of Avenger which sounded to me like, "Yo, man I'm a customer so you MUST take under consideration what I want and what I believe" and Wicked Keeper who describes the ones still buying Queensryche/Lethal clones like stupid sheep because HE doesn't like such kind of bands. No problem with opinions, even with the ones I disagree, as long as they are not presented as the ultimate truth.
If putting words in my mouth is your perogative, sure.

I only meant what was typed: I'm not enjoying the most recent era of Stormspell over the old which was one of my favorite modern labels.

Nothing else to be added.
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

The CDBaby store is just brilliant, got the Chalice comp for five bucks, what a steal. Some other nice releases as well. I do miss the Stormspell distro though, and the occasional sales before the shipping rates went apeshit, those were good times. But anyway, really looking forward to get the Siren comp and the other coming releases!