Assück Discography on CD

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6552

Assück Discography on CD

Post#1 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:51 pm

Australian Blastasfuk Grindcore has released the complete discography of grindcore/death-grind legends Assück on CD. You can get it here:

https://blastasfuk.bandcamp.com/album/d ... -1989-1998

Cheap postage worldwide too!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6552

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#2 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:18 pm

From Discogs & bandcamp respectively:

This is a compilation originally released by Blastasfuk records.

Even though the label got permission from Rob Proctor & Paul Pavlovich for releasing the compilation, the release has been discontinued and redacted out of respect for Steve Heritage's wishes.

All remaining copies by the label has been destroyed.


Discography 1989​-​1998 "UNAVAILABLE, mis​-​authorized and redacted out of respect.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win



"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
msp
Posts: 1186

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#3 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Already have most of these Assuck material on one format or another but this would have been cool to have. Oh well.
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6552

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#4 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:29 pm

I had placed my order early on and got the CD today, obviously the decision to destroy the remaining copies was made a bit later... It doesn't look like a cheap ass bootleg at all, actually it's a well-made edition and undeniably some effort was put to complete the whole thing. It's a pity things turned out the way they did.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win



"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
msp
Posts: 1186

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#5 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:36 am

ION BRITTON wrote:I had placed my order early on and got the CD today, obviously the decision to destroy the remaining copies was made a bit later... It doesn't look like a cheap ass bootleg at all, actually it's a well-made edition and undeniably some effort was put to complete the whole thing. It's a pity things turned out the way they did.


Cool. Now you get to cave your head in with Misery Index - 15 minutes of blasting perfection! :P :twisted:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...

User avatar
ION BRITTON
Posts: 6552

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#6 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:32 am

msp wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:I had placed my order early on and got the CD today, obviously the decision to destroy the remaining copies was made a bit later... It doesn't look like a cheap ass bootleg at all, actually it's a well-made edition and undeniably some effort was put to complete the whole thing. It's a pity things turned out the way they did.


Cool. Now you get to cave your head in with Misery Index - 15 minutes of blasting perfection! :P :twisted:


Hands down my favorite Assück material!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win



"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 7949

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#7 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call this a bootleg yet. That would depend on which member owns the rights to the material. If the rights holder actually signed the contract with the label then this is completely legit and you'll have a copy of something that will probably go up in value due to the rarity later on down the road.

Often old members of bands with issues have a lot of bitterness and infighting between them. Or guys that are no longer part of the band and have since moved on and no longer want anything to do with the old content won't give their consent for it to be made commercially available again. If they don't own the rights then it doesn't matter in terms of legitimacy. Ultimately the rights holder can do whatever they please with the content which is why legal proceedings often occur between members over old material.

Another problem that I have heard many stories of is that after a contract is signed the members of the band find out that they have been screwed over, have an issue with the label or are not happy with the finished product for some reason. They then claim the item to be unauthentic even though it legally is.

Based on what the label has released so far this can’t be deemed a bootleg at this point. If you care enough about the legality of the release, I would contact the label asking for more details to form a proper conclusion on the issue.
Last edited by Avenger on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

User avatar
Ernest Thesiger
Posts: 5780
Contact:

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#8 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:01 pm

I'd say its current status is "partially unofficial."
I don't like anything.

User avatar
Avenger
Posts: 7949

Re: Assück Discography on CD

Post#9 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:20 pm

Ernest Thesiger wrote:I'd say its current status is "partially unofficial."


Bootleg status is black or whate. When it comes to the legitimacy of a release all that matters is who owns the rights and who signed the contract.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"

stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."

Return to “Victim Of Time”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest