SAGE MERIDIEN - Whispered Tales

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

SAGE MERIDIEN - Whispered Tales

Post by Stormspell »

Good things come to those who wait!

Some of you know that we have been working on some 80s re-releases for a very long time. Well, today one of those releases came to fruition. I've received the masters and booklet files for the mighty SAGE MERIDIEN!

For those not initiated, this is one of the most arcane and criminally neglected demo albums from the 80s! A perfect marriage of classic US Power Metal and early Progressive when both genres were real and pure!

Absolutely essential for fans of FATES WARNING (Arch era), CRIMSON GLORY, early QUEENSRYCHE, ZION'S ABYSS, SOLAR EAGLE, HELSTAR just to name a few.

[youtube]-r5peb2nGqg[/youtube]

Tracklist:

I. Tales of the Sage (8:14)
II. Dark Imperium (8:28)
III. Octavian (4:59)
IV. The Power that Preserves (8:58)
V. In the Moonlight, In the Garden (8:52)
-----
Total playing time: (39:30)

Produced by SAGE MERIDIEN
All songs written and arranged by SAGE MERIDIEN
Lyrics by M. Federoff.

Recorded and mixed at Perkins Recording Studios, Tucson, AZ
Dec. 1988 - Feb 1989
Engineered by Steve Perkins (Dr. Subbage)

Remastered by George Nardo at Luna Recording Studio, Tucson, AZ
Sept. 2, 2014

Adrian Urbina: Lead Vocals
Denny Seefieldt: Electric and Acoustic guitars, Vocals
Kelly Ritchotte: Electric and Acoustic guitars
Matt Federoff: Bass guitars, Keyboards, Synthesizers, Vocals
Richard McKinley: Drums, Percussion, Vocals

To be released fall 2016 on CD via Stormspell and on LP via Underground Power Records
Avenger

Re: SAGE MERIDIEN - Whispered Tales

Post by Avenger »

Glad to see this finally released.

Are Threat and Demise still in the pipeline as well?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

DRIFTER - Reality Turns to Dust and SACROSANCT - all 3 albums would probably be the next 80s re-releases, unless the (un)holy trinity of Portland's thrash-o-death masters: DEMISE, ANTAGONIST, BODYBAG come out first.

I have to move yet again in a rather urgent and unexpected fashion, so things are very hectic and unorganized at the moment, with the label on the backburner as usual :)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Also TERROR from Ohio is in the works.
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Just for the name of the band worth checking
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Stormspell wrote:I have to move yet again in a rather urgent and unexpected fashion, so things are very hectic and unorganized at the moment, with the label on the backburner as usual :)
I thought you were waiting for renovations to be finished so that you could re-open the website to North American customers?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I remember not liking this one very much. Heard again the title track today but things haven't changed much - eight minutes full of tempo changes and vocal acrobatics, can't remember a single thing from the track after it's over though. And that's the feeling I had from the complete demo as well. i'll probably buy it since I support efforts of this kind, but it's definitely not something I'm dying for.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

ION BRITTON wrote:I remember not liking this one very much. Heard again the title track today but things haven't changed much - eight minutes full of tempo changes and vocal acrobatics, can't remember a single thing from the track after it's over though. And that's the feeling I had from the complete demo as well. i'll probably buy it since I support efforts of this kind, but it's definitely not something I'm dying for.
Yeps, that's exactly my case.However I'll be buing this, not only for support and because of collecting similar albums, but mainly because I haven't completely given up on it and I think it deserves a better chance to get into it.
We should forgive our enemies, but not before they are hanged...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:
Stormspell wrote:I have to move yet again in a rather urgent and unexpected fashion, so things are very hectic and unorganized at the moment, with the label on the backburner as usual :)
I thought you were waiting for renovations to be finished so that you could re-open the website to North American customers?
Even if I do, eventually, shipping cost to Canada is very exuberant, akin to overseas... CDBaby is your friend dude, there's no alternative
J.

Post by J. »

Will overseas customers still be able to get the free copy of the Assassin demo without buying directly from the webshop then? Through a deal with cdbaby perhaps?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

J. wrote:Will overseas customers still be able to get the free copy of the Assassin demo without buying directly from the webshop then? Through a deal with cdbaby perhaps?
I havent started giving Assassin demos away yet. Most probably I'll re-open my own webstore, even only temporarily to get rid of all trades that have accumulated since last October. No more free overseas shipping option though, USPS has taken that away from us. Domestic shipping will be free, and International (Canada included) would be most likely $15 flat regardless of order size. Something like that.

It is still in the distant future though. I'm staring to move to the new house from next week, so nothing will change for the next 1-2 months.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I have little control over CDBaby, although there is an option to distribute the Assassin demos by adding them as free bonus to some of the current releases (upgrading them to 2CD sets so to speak). That's a possibility, in case I opt not to re-open my own webstore. All this will be decided once I've unfolded the label at the new location.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Stormspell wrote:
J. wrote:Will overseas customers still be able to get the free copy of the Assassin demo without buying directly from the webshop then? Through a deal with cdbaby perhaps?
I havent started giving Assassin demos away yet. Most probably I'll re-open my own webstore, even only temporarily to get rid of all trades that have accumulated since last October. No more free overseas shipping option though, USPS has taken that away from us. Domestic shipping will be free, and International (Canada included) would be most likely $15 flat regardless of order size. Something like that.

It is still in the distant future though. I'm staring to move to the new house from next week, so nothing will change for the next 1-2 months.
Why would the Canadian price be $15.00 when the actual current USPS Cost is $9.50 for a single CD?

Either way, I have 7-8 CD's I would like to purchase from the Stormspell label but am not doing so right now because:

A) CDBaby only stocks half of the titles I'm interested in
B) I'm waiting until the Steel Assassin Demo is made available so it can be included with my purchase
Zanker

Post by Zanker »

Yes, same here.
I have a few titels too i want to purchase but they're not on CDBaby and i would like to have a copy too of the Steel Assassin demo cd.
I buy a lot overseas so i know shipping is expensive.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Stormspell wrote:
J. wrote:I'm staring to move to the new house from next week.
Hoping the move goes smoothly Iordan, with the the minimum of hassle & upset.
Looking forward to seeing what Stormspell brings us next once you're resettled & acclimatised.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.