SAGE MERIDIEN - Whispered Tales

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

Re: SAGE MERIDIEN - Whispered Tales

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Why would the Canadian price be $15.00 when the actual current USPS Cost is $9.50 for a single CD?
Because by the time you order 3 CDs or more the shipping cost is already way above $15. So instead of trying to figure exact shipping costs, which with the Big Cartel's rudimentary shopping cart is very hard if not impossible, I'm simply going to charge a flat-rate. In effect the more cds you buy, the more you save on shipping, which hopefully will serve as incentive for people to buy more cds at once.
Either way, I have 7-8 CD's I would like to purchase from the Stormspell label but am not doing so right now because:
A) CDBaby only stocks half of the titles I'm interested in
That's not exactly true. Currently I have 85 titles on CDBaby, with other 5-6 in transit. Given the sold-out titles, that's approx 85% of all my available titles.

Also, keep in mind that when I moved first time I did not want to lug in all the old dead stock, so I kept 50-100 copies of older not-so-good selling titles, and recycled the rest. Many of those are on CDBaby's $5 SALE page, moving quite good down to last copies, and going to be sold out very soon (finally! :).

All in all, I do not plan to run my own store on regular basis any longer. so I DO WANT to encourage people to buy my own releases from CDBaby.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The point being made is that defaulting to CDBaby for sales in this case is actually costing you some from those that are waiting for the Steel Assassin Demo. How long has the webstore been down now? Over a year? I know the discs are ready to go because you've posted a box of them a while back. Obviously there are alternatives to get every title you release even if CDBaby doesn't stock them all. Other sellers on ebay and the the likes do.

If you don't plan to open the webstore again, can we place private orders to you through email and have it done that way?

Or is the idea to have Steel Assassin CD's sit in a box forever?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The point is, USPS killed overseas retail sales, so CDBaby became my new webstore.

Plus all other dealers and distros which support and carry my releases of course - buying from them is cool and appreciated very much!

The Assassin demo was freebie project devised when I had my own store. Once that went away, it became kinda obsolete. I will distribute it since I have the CDs pressed already, just don't know how, yet.

I'm sorry but I cannot take private orders at this time. Due to my current housing situation, except for handful of current releases, all Stormspell stock is boxed up and locked in storage. As soon as the situation is sorted and I am able to unfold it, I'll figure out what to do and how to proceed. I honestly do not know when that would be. At the moment my priorities are elsewhere and the label is on a back-burner with CDBaby being the main distributor for it.