DETEST (SWE), debut album coming out soon

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormspell

DETEST (SWE), debut album coming out soon

Post by Stormspell »

I'm very glad to announce that the cult Swedish underground power Viking horde, also known as DETEST, are currently recording a follow-up to their highly acclaimed THUNDERSTEEL EP. 26 years to the day, the debut album is finally on its way. Better later than never, eh :)

More details to follow as they become available. For now we are expecting to unleash it upon the masses sometime in the Summer.
Draggsoda

Re: DETEST (SWE), debut album coming out soon

Post by Draggsoda »

Interesting! :)
I hope it´ll be worth the wait.

A Thundersteel reissue would be nice
My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo, I like to sink her with my pink torpedo
Draggsoda

Post by Draggsoda »

Draggsoda wrote:A Thundersteel reissue would be nice
...on vinyl
My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo, I like to sink her with my pink torpedo
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Wasn't expecting that, interesting news...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

whiteravenmetal wrote:Wasn't expecting that, interesting news...
Me neither to be honest. We started working on releasing the new NOCTURNAL ALLIANCE and Micke offered a DETEST record too - he got plenty of old Detest ideas shelved in the vaults, and now was a good time for it. As you can imagine, I couldn't been more happier :D
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

Stormspell wrote:
whiteravenmetal wrote:Wasn't expecting that, interesting news...
Me neither to be honest. We started working on releasing the new NOCTURNAL ALLIANCE and Micke offered a DETEST record too - he got plenty of old Detest ideas shelved in the vaults, and now was a good time for it. As you can imagine, I couldn't been more happier :D
Great for you my friend! (and us fans who would have a full Detest album after all this time of course) Those things make all the hard work worth it :)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The Detest album will be called "The End of All Ends". Here's what Micke Därth had to say about it:

"The tracks were written back in the day for a demo that never happened - we had split at the time - somewhere '91 - '92. Some of the tracks lacked lyrics, a solo-part or a chorus, that have been polished up to be able to make a full album. Two of the tracks were written for the band Twilight (Beyond Twilight) in the early days of that band, but never got past the rehearsal room, we're talking mid 90's. One of the tracks were actually recorded with Detest (me and Jörgen), but that track was not finished, until now. Here is the tracklist of Detest forthcoming album "The End of All Ends":

01. The Solemn Avenger
A re-write for Twilight of the Detest-track "The Avenger". Detest fans can see it as a continuing saga of "The Avenger".

02. Final Hour
A couple of the riffs were written during the Detest-period, but never used. Was arranged and fully written with the aid of Andreas Lagerin in Twilight mid 90's. Andreas was good enough to put his solo down again for this recording.

03. Divide and Conquer
Track written in '91 and demo-recorded by myself between bands (Detest - Twilight).

04. Rebellion
Same story as 03.

05. Away
Detest-track first recorded '89 by myself and Jörgen Svahn. Polished up for this occasion.

06. The Savior
Same story as 03 & 04.

07. Aim Higher
Written for Twilight mid 90's. Been polished to match Detest-sound better. Never got past rehearsal-room.

08. Thoughts of Love
Written for Hellrats - my band that preceded Coma and Detest. Has much of what Detest became, written '87.

09. Renegade
Same story as 03, 04 & 06.

10. Light In the Sky
Same story as 03, 04, 06 & 09.

11. The Creatures
Same story as 03, 04, 05, 09 & 10.

12. The End of All Ends
Same story as 03, 04, 05, 09, 10 & 11. A good way to seal the Detest legacy.

An hour of never heard Detest-material is about to come your way soon.

We are also going to employ once again Yannick Bouchard to draw the cover art and all interior illustrations in the vein of the original "Thundersteel" style, featuring the old warrior in his red-white-black glory of course!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The audio masters for DETEST's epic swansong "The End of All Ends" are in the house. Time to get working on the artwork, woohoo
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The artwork is not done yet, but anyhow, here's s small preview from the upcoming DETEST debut and swansong effort. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!

https://stormspell.bandcamp.com/album/t ... f-all-ends
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

[youtube]xfMYK0kDElA[/youtube]