KEEP IT TRUE XIX - after talk..

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
The Sentinel

Re: KEEP IT TRUE XIX roll call

Post by The Sentinel »

sovdat wrote:
John Arch, they'll play entire Awaken the Guardian LP.
My favourite album of all time and I'm not there :evil:
Long Live The Loud !!!
anthares

Post by anthares »

sovdat wrote:
Will Razor play with Bob Reid or Sheepdog?
In Neatherland deathfest some month ago Reid was singing
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote:So what are the odds that the Secret Band is actually CIRITH UNGOL proper? Sure, they could wait a year and announce them as next year's headliner but we all know the risk they'd be taking, seeing as how often recently reformed old bands suddenly break up again after a few months...
I think they would have had advertised it a bit more. And I think the band wants to play their first comeback gig in their home town of Ventura, CA.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat wrote:
Northwinds wrote:Fates Warning is going to be there? I wonder who will be singing? I have not talked to John in a couple months
John Arch, they'll play entire Awaken the Guardian LP.

Will Razor play with Bob Reid or Sheepdog?
Yeah, it wouldn't be right to have an "Awaken The Guardian" anniversary show and not have Arch on vocals.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Lama

Post by Lama »

There with Andreas again!

Looking forward to Fates Warning, Heir Apparent, Razor, Savage Master, Mythra, The Rods, Thrust, Iron Cross, Tokyo Blade, Terminus, Rock Goddess and Metalian.
Kampel Destruction
whiteravenmetal

Post by whiteravenmetal »

I really wish I could go, it seems so awesome that I get excited just by reading about it. Will try my best to go next year anyway.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Btw, does anyone know who will be singing for Tokyo Blade?
msp

Post by msp »

DaN wrote:Btw, does anyone know who will be singing for Tokyo Blade?
Alan Marsh apparently
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
DaN
Administructor

Re: KEEP IT TRUE XIX - after talk..

Post by DaN »

Another yearly highlight passed - let's reminisce...

For our company (me, mordred, Stefan Mattisson & "the Umeå'ans") it was a smooth journey, no cartrouble, healthproblems or other hassle this year, despite it being my 13th (I think) visit...

After getting damn near ruined by the No Remorse table at the Metal Market - and I believe I wasn't alone there - I caught MYTHRA as First Watch. I always enjoy seeing these ancient bands where you can tell plenty of the orignal members are still in the line-up. Great show, though I was mostly familiar with the ol' EP tracks.

Had to take a food & beer break during SDI which I kinda regretted. Not that they're a fave band or anything but I imagine they'd be a fun watch, esp the crazy debut LP material.

Tokyo Blade lived up to my expectations! A great setlist and good performance from both Alan and the rest of the band. A few slip-ups perhaps, but the quality of the song material more than made up for it.

Time for another social break since I've already seen both The Rods and Rock Goddes, and while great live they're no personal faves on record. Then: The mystery Secret Band! I must say I'm impressed by how they managed to keep everyone in the dark until the band entered the stage. I know this sounds like a typical KIT/German Kült Festival cop-out/cash-in concept, but Ross The Boss' early MANOWAR-set was perhaps the highlight of the year for me and probably the best 'Manowar gig' I've ever seen. Why? Coz they sounded EXACTLY like the Manowar I/we grew up with! No triggered drums, guitar filters or other bs, no silly rants between the songs and the skinny, short-haired youngster on vocals actually had Eric Adam's old singing style down to the last intonation and syllable. The only flaw with the amazing setlist was it was too short. I'd love to have seen another hour of the band, even if it would have ment a shorter RAZOR show...
...who were awesome of course. The sound wasn't the best perhaps but when did a Thrash band ever sound great at the Tauber-Franken-Halle? What I don't understand is why the band was limited to only play stuff from the Evil Invaders album and backwards? It's not like they went downhill after those albums, rather the other way round imho.. It was great, great fun tho' but it didn't top their HOA show from a few years back for me.

Day 2 report TBA (gotta run to work now..)
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Heard from friends that the best 2 bands were Deadly Blessing + Fates Warning.
If i would have go, would be the 2 top acts to watch as far as i'm concerned.

Heard some good things also on Ross The Boss show.
Knowledge Is Power
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

I suppose Ski / Deadly Blessing was the best KIT appearance performance wise (Razor and Fates Warning both have better material imo, and those 2 bands were great too). Other favorites include Ross the Boss (minus gangsta image) & Iron Cross.
whiteravenmetal

How was Iron Cross? haven't seen no videos yet.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

whiteravenmetal wrote:How was Iron Cross? haven't seen no videos yet.
My mate reckons they were tough as fuck.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Nicko McBuff wrote:
Iron Cross played one gig in Athens few days before KIT. To be honest, I didn't expect much and the band didn't give really much back either. The singing was barely there, especially by Rex Alan and Dan Bippes while the whole outfit was not as raging as on the albums. I deeply appreciate the efforts they gave under the circumstances (health problems were mentioned), but I can't ignore the cold, hard facts either. Surprisingly, in that regard, they played the faster songs better than the more mid paced ones. The setlist selection was great with surprises like Queen Of Deception, True Barbarians and The Brotherhood among other hymns of the band. Finally, one thing that left me a bitter feeling was the absence of any mention to the memory of the deceased Mike Skelton, at least I personally did not hear anything while I was in the venue. I am not saying they should have necessarily dedicated the whole show to him or anything like that, but saying a couple of lines about a person so important to the shaping of the Iron Cross sound wouldn't hurt so much.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
whiteravenmetal

ION BRITTON wrote:
Nicko McBuff wrote:
Iron Cross played one gig in Athens few days before KIT. To be honest, I didn't expect much and the band didn't give really much back either. The singing was barely there, especially by Rex Alan and Dan Bippes while the whole outfit was not as raging as on the albums. I deeply appreciate the efforts they gave under the circumstances (health problems were mentioned), but I can't ignore the cold, hard facts either. Surprisingly, in that regard, they played the faster songs better than the more mid paced ones. The setlist selection was great with surprises like Queen Of Deception, True Barbarians and The Brotherhood among other hymns of the band. Finally, one thing that left me a bitter feeling was the absence of any mention to the memory of the deceased Mike Skelton, at least I personally did not hear anything while I was in the venue. I am not saying they should have necessarily dedicated the whole show to him or anything like that, but saying a couple of lines about a person so important to the shaping of the Iron Cross sound wouldn't hurt so much.
Hmm what can be said in those cases? Maybe it was a rough night (with the health issues and all). Interesting that they played the faster songs better since one of the strong points in studio recordings is the balance between fast/slow transitions, in that case maybe Mike S. had a crucial role with his guitar playing, not cool that they will not said a word about their fallen mate but sometimes people preffer to move on and forget to avoid the emotional pain. In conclussion it didn't reach your expectations?