LETHEAN (UK) - demo recordings

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Divine Victim

LETHEAN (UK) - demo recordings

Post by Divine Victim »

Lethean is a new heavy metal project from Essex, England. These two songs were recorded around June 2013 but I think it's about time they were heard in draft form.

1. Time and the Gods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0oAzJO9hD8

2. Dreamer's Descent: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxZVV1boEJk

No physical release organised yet, but feedback would be welcome.

And join here for updates if you can be arsed: https://www.facebook.com/letheanuk
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Not bad, but they do need to work much more. For instance the vox don't show much confidence, the musicianship is n't tight enough either, and the songwriting leaves much to be desired. If we compare them, for example, with Hundred, (both underground, UK bands with pretty similar sound) they are stll far, far behind, let alone with any band of the major league. Sorry for my comments if you are somehow related to them, but this was an honest opinion by a veteran underground metal fan.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

Really good. It reminded me of TERMINUS. Are they going to release a demo or something?
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Priamos wrote:Not bad, but they do need to work much more. For instance the vox don't show much confidence, the musicianship is n't tight enough either, and the songwriting leaves much to be desired. If we compare them, for example, with Hundred, (both underground, UK bands with pretty similar sound) they are stll far, far behind, let alone with any band of the major league. Sorry for my comments if you are somehow related to them, but this was an honest opinion by a veteran underground metal fan.
Criticism welcome, I find it interesting. The vocals are not at all confident, they were only done to demo the ideas and I would not describe myself as a natural singer.

Strange comparison to Hundred though, as I just listened to them and their musicianship is not tight at all, nor is their sound that similar.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Divine Victim wrote:
Priamos wrote:Not bad, but they do need to work much more. For instance the vox don't show much confidence, the musicianship is n't tight enough either, and the songwriting leaves much to be desired. If we compare them, for example, with Hundred, (both underground, UK bands with pretty similar sound) they are stll far, far behind, let alone with any band of the major league. Sorry for my comments if you are somehow related to them, but this was an honest opinion by a veteran underground metal fan.
Criticism welcome, I find it interesting. The vocals are not at all confident, they were only done to demo the ideas and I would not describe myself as a natural singer.

Strange comparison to Hundred though, as I just listened to them and their musicianship is not tight at all, nor is their sound that similar.
:lol: Ha,ha...Bull's eye!!! The only member I criticised directly ( even not in his leading duties) it was you, without knowing it!
About the Hundred comparison: I'm not sure if it's because band-members themselvelves have a different perception about their music from the outsiders, or I do have indeed mistaken, but I think that you both are epic (Manilla Road, Slough Feg etc), pretty raw music-wise, you both have some folk//celtic influences obvious or not, and even some viking metal hints too. Not that you are twin brothers or something but close enough to make my point.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and I wish you to impress me in the future.
rumblefist

Post by rumblefist »

Enjoying the 2 tubes a lot !
This is the type of stuff i'm looking for when i try new promissing bands.

I hope all the best for your band, Divine Victim !
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

rumblefist wrote:
I hope all the best for your band, Divine Victim !
Hey, that only as long as he keeps the mighty Deceptor going. Very nice samples by the way, only judging them as rough tokens of your inspiration and not comparing them with any finished product.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Priamos wrote: About the Hundred comparison: I'm not sure if it's because band-members themselvelves have a different perception about their music from the outsiders, or I do have indeed mistaken, but I think that you both are epic (Manilla Road, Slough Feg etc), pretty raw music-wise, you both have some folk//celtic influences obvious or not, and even some viking metal hints too. Not that you are twin brothers or something but close enough to make my point.
Fair comments, I guess there are indeed some likenesses!