Brofest(UK) #3 - HIGH SPIRITS / RADIUM / MYTHRA PLUS MORE!!!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Not a bad start! I somehow have to try and afford this and UTH a week later. Hmmm...
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Haha, same here.
BroUKPromotions

Post by BroUKPromotions »

me 3? :shock:

plenty of time to plan :D
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Going to brofest is a tradition carved in stone for me since the first time.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Dirty Rocker wrote:Going to brofest is a tradition carved in stone for me since the first time.
It's a bloody good fest and I'm starting to figure out where everything is in Newcastle now. Still can't figure out that accent though!

With Blitzkrieg playing again I guess you might as well add Satan yeah? :twisted:
msp

Post by msp »

I'm sure I will be there for this
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
BroUKPromotions

Aiden wrote:
Dirty Rocker wrote:Going to brofest is a tradition carved in stone for me since the first time.
It's a bloody good fest and I'm starting to figure out where everything is in Newcastle now. Still can't figure out that accent though!

With Blitzkrieg playing again I guess you might as well add Satan yeah? :twisted:
haha if only it was that easy to get Satan to play Newcastle. :shock:
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

That's a pity. I'm sure you're working very hard to get the bands you want.
Are Ritual likely to play next year?
Also, I was wondering if you are finding it a lot harder to get the more 'NWOBHM' style bands to play and do you think you will have to add more bands of other styles to fill out the line-up?
BroUKPromotions

Aiden wrote:That's a pity. I'm sure you're working very hard to get the bands you want.
Are Ritual likely to play next year?
Also, I was wondering if you are finding it a lot harder to get the more 'NWOBHM' style bands to play and do you think you will have to add more bands of other styles to fill out the line-up?
Ive been asking Russ to get Satan on stage for a long time, before brofest was even a "thing". We are quite lucky to be based in such a hotbed of NWOBHM bands/members etc which we are hoping to use to our advantage.

Ritual - no clue

At the minute we could probably fill the festival with NWOBHM bands twice if not three times over, but we are trying to get the more obscure / reunions etc Plenty of bands doing the rounds as such, which are great bands but we are trying to bring different NWOBHM bands to the table. Over the first 2 years i think we did achieved that with Bashful Alley / Damascus / Badge / Scarab / Sparta / Fast Kutz / Warrior / Fist etc etc in turn this has turned people on to us and we are getting contacted asking if we want certain bands to get back together to play, which is nice.

But at someone point something is gonna have to change - or just stop the festival altogether. I think we've achieved more than what we expected when we started it.
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Thanks for the reply. It's great that you have options with bands and to be fair the standard has been very high over the first two years. Keep 'em coming!!!