V-Turbo (Hong Kong): Metal Demo 1990

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Prowler wrote:Interesting vocalist btw., Solar Eagle fans must love him ... :wink:
Nah...To me is reminiscent to Mike Soliz.

Yeah, the result is a cacophony. Apart from some riffs/solos, it is hard for anyone to find any music value. Jfernal, I think it's unlikely to find any love for this. It's also unlikely to attract collectors/fans of this specific asian scene (as I believe there are very very limited in numbers) to buy it because of fetishism or completism etc. Ι think there are no commercial prospects in this and you'll have to make the suicide mission all alone.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Priamos wrote:
Prowler wrote:Interesting vocalist btw., Solar Eagle fans must love him ... :wink:
Nah, although I'm not a Soliz fan, but he's not that horrible than Solar Eagle or another troop of the same vocalist caliber, Ion Britton. Jesus, that guy can't sing any single note and has absolutely no feeling for rhythm or the songs itself ... :shock:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Prowler wrote:
Priamos wrote:
Nah, although I'm not a Soliz fan, but he's not that horrible than Solar Eagle or another troop of the same vocalist caliber, Ion Britton.
There is much confusion in your head. Clean your fucking ears.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

jnfernal wrote:
but it seems nobody is interested in giving a listen to these bands, or bands such as Thunderway from Albania, Warhead from Philippines, Pharaons from Madagascar, Postmark from India...well, maybe because they don't come from USA or Northern Europe...but to me they are part of history ofd heavy metal and they have that additional "special feeling" that western bands don't havedon't know, sometimes I feel disappointed by the lack of curiosity of many music collectors...
Well, I for one would like Thunderway to be released on CD one day, but only because of its musical quality which I deem quite high, not because of their origin. Judging by some old topics on this forum a few more people would be interested in it too so that they can actually listen to it and not put it on a shel (and I am certain that would happen to the would-be V-Turbo CD should anyone buy it at all).
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Herkus Monte wrote:
jnfernal wrote:
but it seems nobody is interested in giving a listen to these bands, or bands such as Thunderway from Albania, Warhead from Philippines, Pharaons from Madagascar, Postmark from India...well, maybe because they don't come from USA or Northern Europe...but to me they are part of history ofd heavy metal and they have that additional "special feeling" that western bands don't havedon't know, sometimes I feel disappointed by the lack of curiosity of many music collectors...
Well, I for one would like Thunderway to be released on CD one day, but only because of its musical quality which I deem quite high, not because of their origin. Judging by some old topics on this forum a few more people would be interested in it too so that they can actually listen to it and not put it on a shel (and I am certain that would happen to the would-be V-Turbo CD should anyone buy it at all).
I second this about Thunderway. The quality of this demo is indeed very high, no matter the origin. I know many that would been very positive to a possible reissue, myself included.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I third a Thunder Way. That demo is one of my favorites.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

But the Thunderways demo can't be compared with that "V2-thing". It's up on the net since a hell of years and everbody knows it.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

doomedplanet wrote:This comment, as usual, shows that you are so full of yourself, what an ego....do the cd yourself if you want it so bad.
jnfernal wrote:A limited tape edition or (even worse) a vinyl edition is something just made for collectors and for feticism, not for real music listeners,
I don't want it "so bad"...don't put in my mouth words that I never said.
If I wanted it "so bad" I would have never asked how many people were interested in it before deciding to release it or now. It's quite obvious, but it seems you didn't get it at all, and you just concentrated on my ego.
I don't even understand your "as usual": I don't know who you are, you don't know who am I, we never talked not hanged out together, so just fuck off and judge your ego before offending me, thanx.
If you are a vinyl collector, it's your choice. Not mine. I don't like vinyls - expecially when they are specifically made for milking money to collectors - and I don't care if you do. You may have the whole range of colours of a limited picture release, that's your choice. To me it's more important to spread music, not concentrate on collector's editions.

And...it's true people are paying lot of money for some CD: but I am not into first pressing or what: wen I was in Malaysia I could find a lot of CDs, but people were just asking for first pressing only, disregarding the album itself and just concentrating on having the first pressing only. That makes me think that collectors are much more interested in having an edition than buying it for the music itself; sorry but this is what I feel. What's the difference in having a first pressing or a re-release? To me nothing, so why people just search only for first editions? Does the music changes from an original CD to a later re-release? I really can notunderstand it...and most of times it seems people don't even buy to listen to it, but just to have a "forbidden fruit". I know people who don't even unseal that rare edition...so why people buy it?
I am becoming more and more sceptic about music collectors. I prefer to get in touch with music researchers or music lovers than music collectors. There is a big difference.

In any case, if there's a way to make this CD, ok. If not, the world goes on and maybe there will be somebody else in the future who'll do that.

that's why I sold my original CDs during the years and I have no regrets at all: glad to have given away all tohse bad looking and poor packaged pieces of plastic and got better and extended editions with proper artwork and packaging. Why should I keep a first pressing edition when a new re-release for a few dollars gives me the same music, restored, with better artwork and better booklet? For me the music is important, not how rare is that edition or how collectable is a first pressing. Who cares about it? I am not a collector, to me limited coloured editions, ultralimited picture discs, first pressings, test pressings, full coloured limited edition set for the same release... do mean absolutely nothing.

And I think in general vinyls have much more market and high prices that some specific cds. And I am quite aware of that, being in the music since 1988, which is not too long, but long enough to see that I would never spend 500 euros for a first pressing CD or Lp when I can get the same album re-released for a 10 euros...simple and straight.

In any case we will see: I got some positive replies from music fans from Hong Kong and China, maybe I can just work for them, if I decide to do it. We will see.

Thunderway have proved to be totally arrogant and disregarding of having even a simple basic dialogue and to me they (well, the members I got in touch with) are just poser who do not deserve any attention anymore. On a human level they showed to be really disappointing and irritating, worst than any billionaire pop-rock star. Probably they're waiting BMG or Sony or Universal offerind a 10.000 cd pressing re-release covering them with money. This is not the way to work, not even on a human level. If you work with cool people, then you can be satisfied with your job even if it doesn't sell that much. If you work with shitty people (I remember XXXX....total sons of a bitch when they dealed with ADP. I won't tell the name even if I'd like to), then you regret even to have thought to spend time with sch kind of people. In any case, we will see.

A tape edition can be an alternative solution, but if I do it, it will be as simple as possible.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Some of the Thunderway members followed kinda succesful music career locally (in other musical paths) and this probably explains (but not justifies) their arrogance. Whatever...There is plenty of magnificent unreleased metal waiting for a second chance (how about Whetstone-Ancient metal? I wonder if anyone approached them...). Thunderway can sit on their throne of crap and pretend to be kings!!
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I've got a German friend from Whetstone region trying to work things out, although it seems they could have been approached by another small label already.

As far as Thunder Way goes - cool band I'd love to put out, although a typical example of Eastern European band suffering from "detached from reality" syndrome. Those people have no clue how the world outside of their small little corner works and cannot comprehend and/or make a difference between corporate music industry, and an underground "label" some random dude runs from their spare bedroom...

The fact that Duda dude is a successful pop-folk singer playing in front of stadiums and selling thousands of solo albums just makes things worse.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

"the as usual" should be self evident....Obviously you want it bad enough to be insulting...No I don't know you but surely I've corresponded with your brother and he was a far nicer person than you shall every be.

You go off on page long rants and effectively insult everyone on this forum while you are at it....I would never want to know you personally based on your stance on this forum.

You will never convince anyone outside of China to release this stuff by being a dick like you come across here, that is for sure. Your monumental ego clouds this fact from your feeble mind.
jnfernal wrote: I don't want it "so bad"...don't put in my mouth words that I never said.
If I wanted it "so bad" I would have never asked how many people were interested in it before deciding to release it or now. It's quite obvious, but it seems you didn't get it at all, and you just concentrated on my ego.
I don't even understand your "as usual": I don't know who you are, you don't know who am I, we never talked not hanged out together, so just fuck off and judge your ego before offending me, thanx.