KEEP IT TRUE 18 2015 (aftermath...)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Khnud

Re: KEEP IT TRUE 18 2015 ( r o l l c a l l ! )

Post by Khnud »

omen of hate wrote:What's the trouble with next year's tickets ??
Less than 200 tickets remained unsold after the festival. When Nuclear Blast opened their webshop at 10.00 on Monday the rest sold out in minutes. This basically means that to be able to attend the festival, you need to know someone who went there last time and was able to buy you a ticket on site. So basically KIT is turning into a VIP event where only a select few are able to attend.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
msp

Post by msp »

One of the main issues was some people buying 9 or 10 tickets in one go. I've never seen such a big scramble for tickets there. I was lucky to get mine by the sounds of it. Next years line up announcement probably added to the frenzy
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Yeah, I couldn't buy a ticket as well on friday. I was already late at the festival and was depressed after hearing it being sold out. Well, Exciter made my day. Riot, Heathens Rage, Leatherwolf and Titan Force were excellent as well. This was apparently my last KIT ever. It were 10 great years. Need to find something else now.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

msp wrote:One of the main issues was some people buying 9 or 10 tickets in one go. I've never seen such a big scramble for tickets there. I was lucky to get mine by the sounds of it. Next years line up announcement probably added to the frenzy
I'll bet most of my record collection 9 out of those 10 tickets will end up on ebay. And why not? It's a good business opportunity. Buy 10 tickets at the festival for, say €50 each, sell 9 tickets on ebay for, say €100 each (possibly even more this time considering how many were unable to get tickets), which means a nice €400 profit (minus paypal costs and ebay's provision). :roll:

The best thing would be if the organizers would stop selling tickets at the festival, and only through a webshop, limiting the sale to around 3 tickets per person. Still, the organizers are mostly interested in selling out the festival, and don't care how much the tickets sell for on the second hand market.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
msp

Post by msp »

Yes, I'm sure plenty will end up on eBay. Flipping tickets is the new Record Store Day!
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

I'm in the same situation like many others....but i was at the festival from the start, and i decided to go to buy the ticket for the next year only after 3 or 4 hours that the concert start (i must admit that the bill not impressed me a lot, many good, but also recycled bands, like Praiyng Mantis, Fates Warning, Anacrusis..there are many bands that never played to the festival why make recycle ?), with my great surprise they tell me that the festival was sold out !!!
It never happened a situation like that, the other years the tickets are sold only after 1 or 2 months, so my delusion and surprise was very high.
I noticed only at home that many people buy 10 ticket (or more) for person and now i'm very raged with the organizers that permitted a situation like that, going against people that made kit a fortunate festival (i'm coming to kit since 2004,a lifetime, and made many pubblicity to the festival through the years ).
The only move can do the organizer now it's change the location to a new, and better place (Tauberfrankenhalle now it's a poor structure), like stadthalle in Offenbach, i've seen heaven and hell in 2007 there and it's a good place, with Parquet and 4000 capacity.
My other raccomandation to the organizers is: STOP RECYCLING BANDS ! Call bands that never played to the festival !There are many many again to call, and please stop to think only at the business.

http://www.stadthalle-offenbach.de/of-s ... rsion.html
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

theclansman74 wrote:and please stop to think only at the business.
Looks like they want to sell 'em asap. What was the official price?
I am ... the One you warned me of
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

Noisenik wrote:
theclansman74 wrote:and please stop to think only at the business.
Looks like they want to sell 'em asap. What was the official price?
If i remember well, 63 euros...
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

The organizers have said before that the venue will never change. It would be quite cool if they decided that Fates Warning deserves a bigger crowd, change the venue, and issue 2000 more tickets. It would definitely make ebay reselling a hopeless venture.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
msp

Post by msp »

I suppose that going forward their will have to be a ticket limit per person - say 2 or 3 - or you have to show this years ticket to get one for next year although that option might not be so workable.

Seems a shame that so many people who go regularly will miss out or have to pay ebay prices.
Dying Victims Prod

Post by Dying Victims Prod »

Or buy it 1 month to 2 weeks in advance. I totally understand that it's a bit risky for people from outside of europe though, but i know plenty of people that buy their tickets last minutes for 5-10 euros and have the seller bring it to the festival.
www.dyingvictims.com

Thrash Attack zine
Dying Victims Productions
Lama

Post by Lama »

The ticket situation is indeed getting a bit troublesome. Luckily I scored a ticket for myself and for a friend who couldn't be there this year. Maybe some rules have to be set up, but I truly hope that the organisers won't change venue. And come on, calling the Tauberfrankenhalle a 'poor stucture' is a bit silly, right?

Anyway, I've had some great fun again last weekend! Exciter was fenomenal, Uli was fantastic, my fellow belgians Killer delivered with a surprisingly good gig with lots of action and enthousiasm, Riot V was magic and Titan Force did what it had to do, just as Heathen's Rage (although I only know the three songs of their EP). I've met some good people again, and shared many a great beer and good food with them. Cheers guys!

Although I'm a fan of the "Endless Skies"-LP, Ashbury wasn't really my cup of tea in a live situation. A bit too calm for my taste. M-Pire Of Evil (or Venom Inc.) were horrible. Leatherwolf could've been better in my opinion (and with four records under their belt a cover of "Victim Of Changes" isn't really necessary, right?). They weren't bad, but to me they lacked something, just like Shok Paris. More fire please!
Kampel Destruction
theclansman74

Post by theclansman74 »

Lama wrote:The ticket situation is indeed getting a bit troublesome. Luckily I scored a ticket for myself and for a friend who couldn't be there this year. Maybe some rules have to be set up, but I truly hope that the organisers won't change venue. And come on, calling the Tauberfrankenhalle a 'poor stucture' is a bit silly, right?

Why silly ?? Tauberfrankenhalle is not a structure born for live events, it's an handball building, there is an annoying testdrive track in front of the building, you must fight every time to come in the area concert and also to coming out, really stressful, the bath are small and always dirty...i must go on ?

I hope they change location, and choose better bands.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

A shame lots of people with tix are crowding KIT just to show off their pics in Facepuke with their best pair of spandex while others with a genuine interest in attending the festival will have to stay out.

if someone has footage of Heathen´s Rage or Exciter ,please share
Lama

Post by Lama »

theclansman74 wrote:
Lama wrote:The ticket situation is indeed getting a bit troublesome. Luckily I scored a ticket for myself and for a friend who couldn't be there this year. Maybe some rules have to be set up, but I truly hope that the organisers won't change venue. And come on, calling the Tauberfrankenhalle a 'poor stucture' is a bit silly, right?

Why silly ?? Tauberfrankenhalle is not a structure born for live events, it's an handball building, there is an annoying testdrive track in front of the building, you must fight every time to come in the area concert and also to coming out, really stressful, the bath are small and always dirty...i must go on ?

I hope they change location, and choose better bands.
Well, I don't know if you already noticed it after all these years you've been there, but there's a stage in the venue where bands can play. So it must have a purpose as a place for 'live events' :roll:

Did you ever visited a festival (or a normal gig) where the toilets aren't smelly? And by the way, the organisation placed toilets outside. But they are probably also too small for you I guess? Do you suffer from claustrophobia maybe? Man, what do you want? It's a two-day heavy metal festival with +/- 3000 visitors, things are going to get dirty. If you want a clean, and maybe gold-plated toilet hosted by a couple of elves who lick your ass clean, go look elsewhere. Tomorrowland maybe :roll:

I'm a visitor of the festival since 2007, and I've never had to 'fight' to get in or out. Everyone has to pass the security guys, and for good reason too. Sometimes the entrance is a bit crowded yes, but only when a gig starts or finishes. And even then it never takes more than a few minutes. And if you noticed, there were two exits at the back of the venue. Dammit, it's not a stroll through a park man! :roll:

An 'annoying testdrive'?? What annoys you so much about it? On the other side of the venue there's a HUGE campsite and car parking where you have a lot of space to do your thing. Whatever that may be... Or do you suffer from agoraphobia too? :roll:

And why do you even care in the first place? You said that the 2016 line-up didn't impress you, so why are you whining that you didn't score a ticket? If you don't like it : stay away, don't bother! Or maybe try to organize a festival like KIT yourself, since you're so critical towards the KIT-crew.

I conclude with a 2010 quote from yourself : Don't be a dumb.
Kampel Destruction