The new No Remorse Records - Dubious Business Practices?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I really can't understand what's wrong with this band and their CDs

I found the Northcomin CD for a good price (9,90 and 10,90) in 3 greek online stores.

I ordered at Studio52: they said it's available, they confirmed the order and they said I had to wait a couple of working days for total amount and instructions for payment. 12 days are gone and still no reply. I sent 6 emails and never got any more reply.

Then I ordered it at Gorilla11 for 10,90 euros: no reply at all despite 5 emails to order it. It's still listed as available

Finally I ordered it to another online shop - I forgot the name - for 10.90.
"Hello Francesco, yes it's available"
I ordered it and no reply for almost one week. After 4 emails I got a reply: "Sorry, it's available for 19.90"

I hate such things...there's too muc profit on this band. Closed forever. I don't wanna hear from this fucking stupid band anymore. Pathetic.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

jnfernal wrote:
I hate such things...there's too muc profit on this band. Closed forever. I don't wanna hear from this fucking stupid band anymore. Pathetic.
I think band have nothing to do with such "buisiness" politics.Also greeks are VERY lazy.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

too lazy....probably 6 emails are not enough

In any case, the stink of business behind such cds is enough for me. I'll skip and forget this name and these 2 companies
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Avenger wrote:
You're indeed a drama queen. Why are you afraid of what some guy behind a label thinks of you anyways? You're also forgetting that the "generally objectionable material" is based on the discretion of those moderating the forum, not you.

Regarding the legal crying, the server is based in Sweden and therefore these "applicable laws" are based on Swedish law. Just because you feel hard done by because of a thread title doesn't mean that the threads purpose is based entirely on your opinion. Again, this thread isn't about you. It's about a specific label. I don't care if you are a cop, a lawyer, the pope or the queen of england. This is not going to change.
:lol: :lol: Damn you man!!! I love you! You kept me distracted and amused despite some serious problem I had and I'm grateful. So don't take too personally my following words. Deeply inside you are my hero.

Damn!! I haven't seen anyone -at least older than 6 years- seeking more desperately for attention (even negative one) than you! You are also in desperate need to feel like powerful and important. You must be someone's bitch in real life, don't you? Your bosses? Your girlfriend's? Your....boyfriend's? :lol: It's obvious you have repressed emotions. No,no... Don't answer me. I don't really care to know, just a rhetorical question. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to help you anymore with this attention thing. You are like a junky. The more you get, the more you want.

All I'm going to do is to keep changing the title of the thread for as long as it amuses me or until a man of power like yourself decides that had enough of me and my attitude, and punish me hard by spanking my ... eh... I meant by banning me or something. :lol:

PS.!!!!! :shock: Damn you!! You are a smart son of ... eh...Canada!!! :lol: You kept me author of the thread, but the first post is Jfernal's, so I don't have access!! What can I say??? I've been outsmarted!!! You are the man!! You're the boss!! :lol: Now we can enjoy this dream-thread of yours with no further distractions! :lol:
Last edited by Priamos on Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

jnfernal wrote:I really can't understand what's wrong with this band and their CDs

I found the Northcomin CD for a good price (9,90 and 10,90) in 3 greek online stores.

I ordered at Studio52: they said it's available, they confirmed the order and they said I had to wait a couple of working days for total amount and instructions for payment. 12 days are gone and still no reply. I sent 6 emails and never got any more reply.

Then I ordered it at Gorilla11 for 10,90 euros: no reply at all despite 5 emails to order it. It's still listed as available

Finally I ordered it to another online shop - I forgot the name - for 10.90.
"Hello Francesco, yes it's available"
I ordered it and no reply for almost one week. After 4 emails I got a reply: "Sorry, it's available for 19.90"

Well, it's either like Lunaboy said that Greeks are lazy, Turks are smelly, Russian women are whores, Italians are thieves, Americans are stupid, English are homos, black people are inferior, Jews are avaricious etc and all the things communists, hippies and gays don't let us say publicly, calling us racists, or I have another theory:

As I told you, Universal when it comes to local metal stuff sucks bigs time. It didn't bother to make a proper distribution, but just sent a couple of copies to some record stores it works with, without caring if they were related to metal or rock , or if they were going to sell them or not.
So they got their couple of Northwind copies many years ago (because they had to) along with all their usual local folk,traditional, international dance etc stuff and completely forgot they even had them let alone try to sell them. After many years you came asking for Northwind putting them in a really awkward position:
1)Northwind?????What the fuck is it??? Did we ever had this for sale????
2)Do we still have it??????!!!!!!
3)No?????Then why in hell we still have it online????
And you have the third store, more professional than the rest that tried to find it for you. The problem is that the new price of the label was much higher than the one they had in the past (i got it for 10 euros as well, when it was first out).
So the problem is that you tried to get your copy from non-related with rock/metal stores that have hardly any internet action with locals let alone with foreign buyers. I had similar case when looking for Luzbel's,Pasaporte al infierno, and found it in a flamenco/latin record store but I was luckier than you because they were more pros than the ones mentioned, and eventually got it.
Abyss

Post by Abyss »

There was definitely a huge buy up of copies or a hoarding of them by a select few so they could create the illusion of artificial scarcity so they could price fix the cd's,if it sold as well as they claimed EMI wouldn't have had a problem issuing more, so obviously someone is lying about selling out all 500 copies to 500 different people, there may have been hundreds sold but they were sold to a select few people so they could price gouge.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Priamos wrote:
Avenger wrote:
You're indeed a drama queen. Why are you afraid of what some guy behind a label thinks of you anyways? You're also forgetting that the "generally objectionable material" is based on the discretion of those moderating the forum, not you.

Regarding the legal crying, the server is based in Sweden and therefore these "applicable laws" are based on Swedish law. Just because you feel hard done by because of a thread title doesn't mean that the threads purpose is based entirely on your opinion. Again, this thread isn't about you. It's about a specific label. I don't care if you are a cop, a lawyer, the pope or the queen of england. This is not going to change.
:lol: :lol: Damn you man!!! I love you! You kept me distracted and amused despite some serious problem I had and I'm grateful. So don't take too personally my following words. Deeply inside you are my hero.

Damn!! I haven't seen anyone -at least older than 6 years- seeking more desperately for attention (even negative one) than you! You are also in desperate need to feel like powerful and important. You must be someone's bitch in real life, don't you? Your bosses? Your girlfriend's? Your....boyfriend's? :lol: It's obvious you have repressed emotions. No,no... Don't answer me. I don't really care to know, just a rhetorical question. Unfortunately, I'm not willing to help you anymore with this attention thing. You are like a junky. The more you get, the more you want.

All I'm going to do is to keep changing the title of the thread for as long as it amuses me or until a man of power like yourself decides that had enough of me and my attitude, and punish me hard by spanking my ... eh... I meant by banning me or something. :lol:

PS.!!!!! :shock: Damn you!! You are a smart son of ... eh...Canada!!! :lol: You kept me author of the thread, but the first post is Jfernal's, so I don't have access!! What can I say??? I've been outsmarted!!! You are the man!! You're the boss!! :lol: Now we can enjoy this dream-thread of yours with no further distractions! :lol:
I'm done playing this game with you. For the last time, this thread isn't about you or me. It's about the obviously unorthodox antics of this label. The thread title stands the way it is so that anyone seeking info about said label can easily find it rather then having it buried in a general "re-issue" thread that already exists and is easily over looked. If you have fallen victim to some sort of fear mongering and can't get past the title then I suggest you edit your posts to display how you wish to be represented rather then how you are afraid to be. This user vs. moderator battle happens at every forum all of the time. You won't win. It has nothing to do with power, it's simply about principle.

That said, we can all make speculations or attempt to derail the original topic of discussion but in the end none of us will really know what's going on here unless someone of actual merit decides to set the record straight. I know for a fact that the guy currently behind the label has an account here and views the forum. He has posted in the past when previous issues arose about their releases. Why he has failed to comment this time is beyond me but it seems that lately there has been a lot of ridiculous price gouging around the material released by these guys in some sort of attempt at cult status or the like. This time it's gone too far though and is clearly obvious.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

Avenger wrote:
I'm done playing this game with you. For the last time, this thread isn't about you or me. It's about the obviously unorthodox antics of this label. The thread title stands the way it is so that anyone seeking info about said label can easily find it rather then having it buried in a general "re-issue" thread that already exists and is easily over looked. If you have fallen victim to some sort of fear mongering and can't get past the title then I suggest you edit your posts to display how you wish to be represented rather then how you are afraid to be. This user vs. moderator battle happens at every forum all of the time. You won't win. It has nothing to do with power, it's simply about principle.

That said, we can all make speculations or attempt to derail the original topic of discussion but in the end none of us will really know what's going on here unless someone of actual merit decides to set the record straight. I know for a fact that the guy currently behind the label has an account here and views the forum. He has posted in the past when previous issues arose about their releases. Why he has failed to comment this time is beyond me but it seems that lately there has been a lot of ridiculous price gouging around the material released by these guys in some sort of attempt at cult status or the like. This time it's gone too far though and is clearly obvious.
Ok. You came back with a serious, civilised and reasonable reply so you deserve one, too.
I don't want to defend or stall the "inquiry" about No Remorse records. Although I have friendly relationship with them I don't wish to do so. Experience has shown that many times I trusted and defended somenone, I was proven wrong, left exposed.
I'm also interested as everyone else to listen to label's point of view that will make things clear. If there is any immoral practices involved I'll be satisfied seeing everyone condemning them both with words and actions.
Nevertheless;
1) I don't want to look to like the one that brought this on surface both because I DID N'T but also because I'm quite friendly with the guys and that's not a straight and honest way to treat friends. If I had any problems with them I should have talked to them face to face, and if I had problem with their morals I should have stopped being/playing friendly, and then make a thread against them in some forum. It was so easy (and reasonable) to respect my claim but you prefered to play bossy and stubborn. Since you started the thread with Jfernal's post to prevent me from messing around, you could have made him the author too , which is closer to the truth.
2)It's not fair way to treat the label either. As far as I know the labelguy that follows Corro, is on vacation (absent by every forum he is active) and he probably haven't seen any of these. However, the seed of suspicion keeps spreading and when and if comes clearing things up (I believe that has something to do with EMI but I'm not sure and don't wish to play the spokesman), there will be already a harm done at their reputation. If i make a thread"Is Avenger homo??" and at the end of it I come to the conclusion"Sorry, guys he isn't after all!" what everyone will mostly remember?
I would n't have mind that much about this attitude because everyone is responsible for his own words and actions (so you that made such a thread would have been responsible for it) but you forced me unwillingly to share this responsibility (even in first impression, as if one reads the thread sees tham I'm against it).
So if you wish to keep this title (which I think is a mistake), keep me out of this because first impressions count, It's easy. Just make Jfernal the author of the thread (who seems that shares these questions about No Remorse as well) or yourself. It's a fair claim and there will be, at last, peace in this thread.
One way or another, I made my point clear and I have no desire to return to it.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Priamos wrote:
I'm also interested as everyone else to listen to label's point of view that will make things clear.
Pals behind No Remorse Records wheel for sure will defend their asses (If there's a reason) .I remember label guy once said they want fast and easy cash to move label on ( !!!).But they should understand that they must to invest OWN MONEY ALL THE TIME and not just look for a fast profit.Acctualy they following High Roller Records formula but Way less professional.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Priamos wrote:
Avenger wrote:

Ok. You came back with a serious, civilised and reasonable reply so you deserve one, too.
I don't want to defend or stall the "inquiry" about No Remorse records. Although I have friendly relationship with them I don't wish to do so. Experience has shown that many times I trusted and defended somenone, I was proven wrong, left exposed.
I'm also interested as everyone else to listen to label's point of view that will make things clear. If there is any immoral practices involved I'll be satisfied seeing everyone condemning them both with words and actions.
Nevertheless;
1) I don't want to look to like the one that brought this on surface both because I DID N'T but also because I'm quite friendly with the guys and that's not a straight and honest way to treat friends. If I had any problems with them I should have talked to them face to face, and if I had problem with their morals I should have stopped being/playing friendly, and then make a thread against them in some forum. It was so easy (and reasonable) to respect my claim but you prefered to play bossy and stubborn. Since you started the thread with Jfernal's post to prevent me from messing around, you could have made him the author too , which is closer to the truth.
2)It's not fair way to treat the label either. As far as I know the labelguy that follows Corro, is on vacation (absent by every forum he is active) and he probably haven't seen any of these. However, the seed of suspicion keeps spreading and when and if comes clearing things up (I believe that has something to do with EMI but I'm not sure and don't wish to play the spokesman), there will be already a harm done at their reputation. If i make a thread"Is Avenger homo??" and at the end of it I come to the conclusion"Sorry, guys he isn't after all!" what everyone will mostly remember?
I would n't have mind that much about this attitude because everyone is responsible for his own words and actions (so you that made such a thread would have been responsible for it) but you forced me unwillingly to share this responsibility (even in first impression, as if one reads the thread sees tham I'm against it).
So if you wish to keep this title (which I think is a mistake), keep me out of this because first impressions count, It's easy. Just make Jfernal the author of the thread (who seems that shares these questions about No Remorse as well) or yourself. It's a fair claim and there will be, at last, peace in this thread.
One way or another, I made my point clear and I have no desire to return to it.
Your account still appearing as the author from the sub-forum index is a bug. It should be displaying jnfernal. There is nothing I can do about that. The forum has many of these. Examples would be when you submit a post or send a PM.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

Everything is ok for me. You can display my name or whoever else's name.
Just want to make things clear and see why a CD pressed in an average amout of copies was already sold for 40 US$ after 3 mohths of its official release, sold by the same 3-4 sellers on channels such as Ebay or Discogs and it has never been distributed abroad. Maybe as somebody said it's not the label's fault. Maybe a bunch of 3-4 resellers just bought the majority of copies in order to make it going out of print and resell for exhorbitant prices. That's all that I want to know. Or at least, that's all that I want to point out.
Hoping that there would be a new pressing as I really don't believe that EMI agrees to licence a 500-copies one pressing only.

Then you can change the title and author of this topic. No problem at all. I can take every responsibility for what I wrote and what I am going to write. But I felt it was honest and important to make clear such obscure points behind this release
Death Rider

Post by Death Rider »

Hello there. This is Andreas from No Remorse Records. I speak with my name, so you all know who is giving answers.

First of all, I think the title "Dubious Business Practices" is not right. But if you want to keep it, hey, we all are free to believe anything we want.

Regarding NORTHWIND "Mythology" CD. Many people assume things without knowing what kind of deals are behind each release. "Mythology" CD was a VERY expensive license deal direct from EMI and only for 500 copies. EMI had the first hand on that and we wanted to have a second pressing, but as I said it wasn't impossible at the time.

I've read something like that it is impossible to sell 500 copies from a Greek band and that is totally wrong for those who don't live in Greece or don't know the market. Just to let you know, "Mythology" CD was a big hit in Greece and was voted in the Top-5 reissues of 2012 according to the Greek Metal Hammer magazine along with DEATH, MEGADETH and JETHRO TULL. Almost 400 copies were sold in Greece and the deal with EMI was also to have distribution ONLY through our shop due to limitation on retail and wholesale price. Same deal was also with ALIEN CD (that was 1000 copies). Though, we manage to give some copies to friendly distros around the globe at the time of the release.

What people should know, is that the market moves in mysterious ways. There are unexpected titles that really sell very fast (like VIRTUE vinyl, or NORTHWIND CD) and there are others that sell just a few copies.
Speaking for No Remorse Records, for every fast sold-out like NORTHWIND "Mythology" CD or VIRTUE "We Stand To Fight" LP, there is an ADVOCATE "World Without End" or a CONCEPT OF GOD "Visions" LP that sell few copies, even if that was a limited pressing of 300 copies and it is still available after months... So this "Dubious Business Practices" is totally wrong.

Depending on the deal (this is important), when we can and there is demand, we offer more copies to the market and metal fans. That's what we will do with VIRTUE "We Stand To Fight" vinyl for a second pressing that will come on October, but we can't do it with NORTHWIND "Mythology" CD.

Thank you.