Hypertension - speed/thrash from Sweden

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
laasgaardh

Hypertension - speed/thrash from Sweden

Post by laasgaardh »

Thought I'd better introduce my band over here, hopefully someone will like it. We are a three-piece from a town called Östersund. Our major influences are bands such as Razor, Bathory and Desaster, to name a few.

We've just uploaded a new song called Empire Of Yore from our upcoming debut album at our bandpage:

https://www.facebook.com/hypertensionsw ... 8091127385
Marken

Post by Marken »

I'm not a fan of either of the bands you mentioned in the opening post, so this is probably not meant for me, but anyways....

Lots of cool guitarwork in the three songs, but the vocals didn't work for me.
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

I like all three of those filthy bands. And this!
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

Good Stuff!
"Empire of Yore" reminds me Deceased at times.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Not bad.
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

Thanks guys! The album will hopefully be out on tape in a month, so keep your eyes open...
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

The title of the album will be "Primeval Tyrants Prevails", and it will be released on tape limited to 100 copies. CD-r copies will probably be available as well, if anyone's interested. The whole album will aslo be up for streaming at our bandcamp page shortly.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I need to listen a bit more, but I'm starting to enjoy it. Will probably try to get this to give it some more listens.

Not because I'd like to be the grammar-nazi here, but it should be either "Primeval tyrants prevail" OR "Primeval tyrant prevails". Sorry mate, I'm a teacher so I couldn't let it go :wink:
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
laasgaardh

Post by laasgaardh »

You should have told me that before we recorded the title-track, haha. Anyway, as long as our grammar is better than Sarcofago's, it's alright :D
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

laasgaardh wrote:You should have told me that before we recorded the title-track, haha. Anyway, as long as our grammar is better than Sarcofago's, it's alright :D
Ooh, that really told me to shut up about grammar :oops: . Sarcofago were at times excellent and I love (the grammatically even worse?) Revenge from Colombia.

As I wrote above, your stuff caught my interest. I'll listen to it some more to make my mind up about how good it really is.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.