Attacker - Giants Of Canaan

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Marken

Attacker - Giants Of Canaan

Post by Marken »

I like all previous four Attacker-albums, especially The Second Coming and The Unknown, so I had some expectations for this one. That it would be a masterpiece like this, I hardly believed.

Giants Of Canaan COULD be the best album I have heard in a couple of years. It's that good. Usually an album I love consists of at least one song that is a little below the rest, but not here. Every track is a killer.

Attacker is one of few bands I recognise immediately, mostly because of the guitarharmonies and guitarsound on the last three albums which sounds like no other bands, courtesy of Pat Marinelli and Mike Benetatos, but also the vocalmelodies are one of a kind. New vocalist, Bobby Lucas, does a great job on Giants Of Canaan, even better than Bob Mitchell and John Leone (RIP).
I'm stunned.

Check out a couple of songs here...

Trapped In Black:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CD09VwDspQ

Black Winds Calling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFYefj4WIGs

Enjoy!
mordred

Post by mordred »

It's really good. For me not quite as strong as The Unknown but a testimony of continued strength anyway. Attacker have no flaws in their discography.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Keir

Post by Keir »

No kidding! They don't have a lot of albums, but I have to say Attacker is definitely one of the most consistently good bands in metal. Don't have this yet, but going to pick it up soon.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Great album. And the artwork is simply amazing!
CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

NNNNice, they release more energy by their music than ten Fukushima plants together.
only the heaviest weather available
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

In case anybody is interested, I did an interview with Bobby Lucas a couple weeks back about his experiences in the band for the past year or so, which you can read here.

The new album is really good, better than I expected in fact. All of the songs are good that I don't even want to single any out, although I really do enjoy the closer as something a little different.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dodens Grav wrote:In case anybody is interested, I did an interview with Bobby Lucas a couple weeks back about his experiences in the band for the past year or so, which you can read here.

The new album is really good, better than I expected in fact. All of the songs are good that I don't even want to single any out, although I really do enjoy the closer as something a little different.
Dude, can you please post the interview here? I tried to read it, but there were so many ads and pop-ups on that website my browser went beserk...
Marken

Post by Marken »

Read that interview last week. Very good and interesting!
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

I agree. Very good interview. A bit of knowledge and research never hurts.
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I'm glad people enjoyed it. :) The interview was actually nearly twice as long as this, but I had to cut it down due to length for Examiner. I'll post the full interview elsewhere soon after I've had an opportunity to go through it again. Some of the stuff that I had to cut ranges from the fairly banal (talking about cover bands) to the insightful (his start in Seven Witches and relationship with Jack Frost) to the...yeah (alien Jesus).
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I finally got around to polishing up the full version of the interview with Bobby Lucas and threw it up on my blog. As you can see, some of his answers are quite long and veer off into a variety of topics. A lot of it is quite interesting, but it needed to be pared down for Examiner. Hence why I put it up on my site instead. Iordan, you should have no trouble with ads here. I can't post it in this thread because it's 15 pages long.

http://thehereticstorch.blogspot.com/20 ... acker.html
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Your blog is perfect man, thanks! Will read asap!
Marken

Post by Marken »

That's a close to perfect interview! Great read.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

What an absolutely outstanding album! An absolute hammer, ripping soloing, wild vocals and, most of all, superb songs.
SavageGrace

Post by SavageGrace »

The new album is killer indeed! Can't wait to see these guys live one day.