MANILLA ROAD - Mysterium

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Didn't know about this. Must pick it up in a week/month/year or two. :)
EzraCobb

Post by EzraCobb »

Dodens Grav wrote:I should clarify that I wasn't defending SKR specifically, although I still think it's not quite accurate to say they "don't give a shit about their customers" as though you actually had any way of knowing that. Yes, it is fucked up to sell bootlegs without branding them as such, and I wish he would start noting what is a bootleg and what isn't. But, as my original point was, just because a distro sells bootlegs doesn't mean they don't care about their customers. There's no way HHR would've done what they did for me, basically giving away $70 (and might I add the tracking number they gave me even said it was delivered), if they didn't care about their customers, and HHR sells even more bootlegs than SKR. Although I've noticed that HHR has started to label their bootlegs over the past year or so. Nuclear War Now sells bootlegs too. But all three of these labels, including SKR, have gone the extra mile in multiple instances to help me out when I had unusual circumstances in ways that they had not obligation to assist me. Calling SKR out for selling unidentified bootlegs is one thing, and I completely agree with that, but I don't think it's accurate to say all they care about is money and that they don't care about their customers. That's my two cents and I'll leave it at that. :)
I totally agree with you! I do a lot of business with HHR - as well as SKR an NWN. but I purchase from HHR weekly and they are class distro!! I have had one order lost and they refunded no questions asked. I have had Vinyl delivered that was new and sealed but had a huge scratch on it - they send me a new copy without having me send the defect back! they have given me at least a dozen free cd's - a dozen posters and flyers -- and yes the do state that bootlegs are bootlegs. But to be fair - I did purchase S.V. Die healing from SKR and thought it was a pretty damn good price for a original hellhound cd press - but when I got the CD at home it was an obvious bootleg as the booklet was blurry and pixelated - but I would have bought it anyways for that price... Still not labeled as a bootleg - but any educated consumer would know die healing was never repressed on CD and just on Vinyl by the BBDAT label (which I own and love)... but to say SKR does not care about the costumers is harsh -- still I wish there prices were a little lower -but I tend to get all my High Roller Record vinyl's from SKR. HHR is by far the best underground metal label out there - I just ordered the witch cross cd box set - looks fucking killer!! I have it on vinyl and cant wait to hear those demos in my truck and at work now with the CD..
Rob

Post by Rob »

Anyone else having a Traitor's Gate poster instead of a Mysterium one on their Mysterium LP?
6is9
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Rob wrote:Anyone else having a Traitor's Gate poster instead of a Mysterium one on their Mysterium LP?
Important update on MANILLA ROAD Mysterium:

The pressing plant has made a huge mistake on MANILLA ROAD - Mysterium. 50% of all copies are coming with the poster for the Traitors Gate Album!
We have recognized this mistake too late, alas. A huge share of the edition has been delivered with the wrong poster and is now in circulation.
We are trying to clear the whole situation with the pressing plant at the moment.
But one thing is for sure: We will not ship single posters at our cost, there is no doubt about this! Please do not ask us for single posters shipped freely!
If we get new MANILLA ROAD posters we will add one poster to one of your future orders for free if you tell us explicitly to do so!
It is also still possible that the whole edition will come without a poster officially!
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Avenger wrote:Selling bootlegs means you only care about money. The customer is being ripped off and the band and legal rights holder are also being ripped off.
None of that stopped you from selling boots:
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... highlight=
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Warepire wrote:Do Hell's Headbangers specify that the CDs are bootlegs? Please show me an entry in their shop that is a bootleg.
SKR does not specify they are bootlegs, even though he KNOWS they are, which means he is knowingly deceiving customers into buying counterfeit goods while they think they're originals. Even if he would do refunds on lost packages I still think it signals that you don't really give a shit about your customers. Not to mention it's actually illegal.
HHR sells bootleg LPs of demo material and such that was never officially released. These are very limited (<200 copies) and are quite obviously bootlegs. I'd wager most customers buying these know exactly what they're getting. I'm happy to have my bootlegs of Crowley and Infernal Majesty demos, etc. They're not selling Russian "replicas" at a huge profit, big difference.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:
Avenger wrote:Selling bootlegs means you only care about money. The customer is being ripped off and the band and legal rights holder are also being ripped off.
None of that stopped you from selling boots:
http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/view ... highlight=
I have already addressed this "issue" in the past on several occasions. Open your eyes. Getting rid of bootleg CD's for $2.00 a piece to cover the cost of shipping materials is in no way comparable.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

You didn't say it was ok to sell boots under certain circumstances. As always, you cast it as a completely black-and-white issue. When other posters tried to qualify the selling of boots, your reply was this:

"Selling bootlegs means you only care about money. The customer is being ripped off and the band and legal rights holder are also being ripped off."

You sold bootlegs. Period.
That means people paid for unofficial copies. Period.
That means the band and legal rights holders were ripped off b/c someone bought your cheap boot instead of their genuine article. Period.

It does not matter how much you sold them for. You've always made it clear that selling boots is bad under any circumstances..... until you sold them. And so NOW you want to introduce a shade of gray saying it was ok since people really only paid for the shipping of the boots and that you didn't really make any profit from selling them. Nope, I don't buy it. You're just another bootleg seller trying to make excuses for why it was ok to ignore copyright laws and rip off bands and rights' holders.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
GJ

Post by GJ »

Meanwhile back on earth, people wonder who's dick is the bigger one. :roll:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

nightsblood wrote:You didn't say it was ok to sell boots under certain circumstances. As always, you cast it as a completely black-and-white issue. When other posters tried to qualify the selling of boots, your reply was this:

"Selling bootlegs means you only care about money. The customer is being ripped off and the band and legal rights holder are also being ripped off."

You sold bootlegs. Period.
That means people paid for unofficial copies. Period.
That means the band and legal rights holders were ripped off b/c someone bought your cheap boot instead of their genuine article. Period.

It does not matter how much you sold them for. You've always made it clear that selling boots is bad under any circumstances..... until you sold them. And so NOW you want to introduce a shade of gray saying it was ok since people really only paid for the shipping of the boots and that you didn't really make any profit from selling them. Nope, I don't buy it. You're just another bootleg seller trying to make excuses for why it was ok to ignore copyright laws and rip off bands and rights' holders.
There was no profit made and therefore the band and related parties never got ripped off. Do you have a hard time understanding this?
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Well, it does potentially, in that it can then stop people from buying legitimate releases.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Pestkrieg wrote:Well, it does potentially, in that it can then stop people from buying legitimate releases.
The people buying this shit are doing so because they are seeking the absolute lowest price or because they want to turn a profit on it. It's foolish to think that they would actually fork out retail prices for the same material they can find for virtually free.