WICKED ANGEL - 10" vinyl on TMU RECORDS

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
texasmetalunderground

Post by texasmetalunderground »

doomedplanet wrote:Musically this release is impressive of course, cannot go wrong there. Personally I would have preferred classic art used in the graphic design, an old-school look is far superior. If you didn't know what the band was all about and saw just the cover you might think this was psychedelic rock record from the 60's. Using the original demo art would have been superb.
Shades of Easter Everywhere, maybe? That truly wasn't the intent, but I can see what you mean. Of course, if you want to see the original demo art you can always flip to page 1 of the accompanying booklet. 8)

CloudsOfMetal

Post by CloudsOfMetal »

Sounds pretty good, great in-your-face type vocals.
only the heaviest weather available
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Of course I saw and have seen the original jcard before. I'm saying these modern designs (trust me, you are not the only label that has done it, they are legion) leave me cold. They don't look metal. Especially classic 80's metal.

[quote="texasmetalunderground"
Shades of Easter Everywhere, maybe? That truly wasn't the intent, but I can see what you mean. Of course, if you want to see the original demo art you can always flip to page 1 of the accompanying booklet. 8)

[/quote]
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I'm glad I ordered the die-hard version before US postage went through the roof. I don't consider it to be absolutely top-notch material, I like it a lot though and it is of course essential for every fan of TX metal of olde.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
texasmetalunderground

Post by texasmetalunderground »

perishinflames wrote:Great stuff, yet again.

Am I crazy, or does "Realms of Chaos" sound exactly like Kalaschnikov's "Devils Yo Hero"? More Metal Enterprises shenanigans? :lol:
I don't think you're crazy! Must be shenanigans.
Compare the riffs here:

http://youtu.be/LKtGAbTb8N0

http://youtu.be/DBM0hx49V0k

Too close for coincidence? :)