Medusa (US) lp + Wicked Lester (US) 2X7"

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
doomedplanet

Medusa (US) lp + Wicked Lester (US) 2X7"

Post by doomedplanet »

These 2 above mentioned releases might not be on the radar of many of this forum. The Numero Group this year are releasing some great old US heavy/hard rock, you might want to look into it:

out already is the Wicked Lester (US) 2X7" 'You are Doomed", this is their known 7" + unreleased acetate in a gatefold cover, info & clips here:

http://www.numerogroup.com/catalog_detail.php?uid=01484

Medusa (US) lp 1975 is out any time now, a song is here:
https://soundcloud.com/biz-3-publicity/ ... angulation

and someone posted photos here:
http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/inde ... ic=38255.0
Last edited by doomedplanet on Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Thanks.

Wicked Lester sounds pretty boring, but might just get that Medusa LP :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

got the Wicked Lester today, killer old hard rock,, loved it. If you have some of the thick cover OPM 2lp releases, imagine that only 7" size.

2nd photo is cropped due to my scanner.

sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

so Weezer confused this Wicked Lester with the "famous" one? just thinking of their logo and being self-proclaimed Kiss maniacs..?
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

MEDUSA sounds great !
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

updated the 1st post with a partial scan of the front cover. ...

Got the Medusa lp today. DAMN! this release is a work of art. Plush velvet with colored foil embossed, easily rivals some BBT&D delux lps, say in the vein of their Gaskin lp with the textured cover.
Music is so good, kind of a bastard stepchild of Sorcery 'Sinister Soldiers'. The bside does have a kind of weak-ish ballad but it doesn't effect the rest of the music captured here. Go buy it now....
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

The Medusa lp is passable hard rock at best- a couple of bangers, and mostly rehersal room Hawkwind-lite filler. Unknown doesn't always equate to awesome... maybe I'm just getting picky with what I spend my money on in this day and age- but ultimately it comes down to personal taste which I guess I don't have! I certainly wouldn't regard it as heavy metal... but if Toad The Wet Sprocket is NWOBHM who am I to argue!!! :)

That said there is no disputing the luxurious packaging. It is awesome.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Well you can have your opinion but I fucking loved it. Did you just listen to the clips or buy the record? Not often something this good from 1975, that is completely unknown, turns up and is presented in such a perfect fashion.
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

sagrotan wrote:so Weezer confused this Wicked Lester with the "famous" one? just thinking of their logo and being self-proclaimed Kiss maniacs..?
I thought the same thing IMMEDIATELY. That band got famous in 2001 and has not recorded a note of decent music since.