Vektor

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Vektor

Post by Avenger »

Split from the "Insane ebay auctions - CD" thread. /Mod

Helstar wrote:http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 1110100459

LoL

Looks like Heathen was right !
I don't like Vektor. The vocalist is a complete rip off of Rob Urbinati from Sacrifice except when he tries to throw in those stupid growls.
Last edited by Avenger on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Nobody said they have invented something new.

I had problems in the beginning to not get bothered by the vocals as well, but now I don't care much about that ... as I love the rest too much :P
Last edited by Helstar on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:Vektor. The vocalist is a complete rip off of Rob Urbinati
I'd wish! He is a lot worse, just standard blackmetalesque shrieks. The weakest link of the band.
Nobody said they have invented something new.
Don't agree. This is (one of the) the most original thrash band that has emerged in the current wave and gained any recognition.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I've heard both their albums and even though the songwriting is quite adventurous, it doesn't have the sheer aggression of real thrash. It's not entirely ball-less, but it doesn't take you by storm either. Well, at least not me. This type of vocals has been done before and in a much more convincing fashion, very reminiscent of Sacrifice as Avenger correctly pointed out.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Heathen wrote: Don't agree. This is (one of the) the most original thrash band that has emerged in the current wave
Dude, don't you see the contradiction in what you're saying ? :)
Since when we have to exclude the storic bands ? They have a lot of Voivod/Obliveon/Coroner/Destruction inspiration that you can't just rule out ..
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:
Heathen wrote: Don't agree. This is (one of the) the most original thrash band that has emerged in the current wave
Dude, don't you see the contradiction in what you're saying ? :)
Since when we have to exclude the storic bands ? They have a lot of Voivod/Obliveon/Coroner/Destruction inspiration that you can't just rule out ..
there are similarities, inspirations, but none of these bands sounds like Vektor when you look at their music as a whole. Much faster and thrashier than Voivod or Obliveon, much more progressive than Destruction, much more epic and black metal influenced than Coroner. And I did not say we have to exclude any bands. Noone played like that before.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

I reply with just one link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68upjls4SnA

This is basicly the song where they took their style from ^^
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Yeah, it's close to some Vektor songs, but this has no black metal influences whatsoever is less progressive in riffing and is not as furious as Vektor offerings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4O4jvbXzq8

(the solos alone make it an original proposition)
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Well, in the end I'm not saying they are 100% copycats, but to say they are playing something never heard before, that's wrong too IMHO =)

And by the way, they are my fav band in activity since 2+ years (no need to post songs, I know all of them by memory ;p !)
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

the influences are clearly audible and they did not invent a new genre, but their music sounds original, this mix of ingredients is something refreshing.

What are your main influences?

DiSanto: I think our main influences are pretty clear in our music. I’m into old thrash and black metal mostly, but I add elements of old progressive rock to the mix from time to time. The main bands that have made Vektor what it is are: Slayer, Destruction, Voivod, Kreator, Absu, Immortal and Emperor.

(http://reviewfix.com/2011/09/review-fix ... d-disanto/)
daniel

Post by daniel »

First album is great. Don't quite get the rip off-this rip off-that talk, seeing as regardless of who they are reminiscent of they don't come off as the same boring shit most "old-school" bands peddle, and the songs are even better than lots of 80's bands around the Thrash genre. Still not into the second album though :/
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Ryür

Post by Ryür »

I dont like, I do not understand the purpose of a band evidently copied to another, is a copy of Voivod
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

Vektor is not a Voivod rip-off outside of the logo. :lol:
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

The logo is clearly cloned, the rest not. Why it has always to be 100% clone or 100% original with you people :p ?
daniel

Post by daniel »

How are they a copy of Voivod? Stolen riffs? Same vocals? Don't think so.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.