Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Avenger wrote:I'm going to laugh if the billing ends up being a total piece of shit and you guys forked out this kind of money to go :P
The lineup isn't even that important - the craic we had last year ensured that I was returning to Muskelrock regardless of who was playing.

The fact that it's such a mystery only adds to the excitement.
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Best swedish festival these days for sure.

I hope I will be able to go.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
Luis

Post by Luis »

Muskelrock really is much more than just the gigs, the whole festival is a madness-a-thon!

'Mon May 30th!
Luis

Post by Luis »

Muskelrock really is much more than just the gigs, the whole festival is a madness-a-thon!

'Mon May 30th!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dark Stranger wrote:
Avenger wrote:I'm going to laugh if the billing ends up being a total piece of shit and you guys forked out this kind of money to go :P
The lineup isn't even that important - the craic we had last year ensured that I was returning to Muskelrock regardless of who was playing.

We have already been over this... I guess if limp bizkit was headlining no one would care right?

/Point proven.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Element0s

Post by Element0s »

I beg to differ, Avenger. I would watch the shit out of Limp Bizkit. You can't beat that kind of comedy.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I'd love to be at Muskelrock and see Limp Bizkit as the secret headliner. It would be an experience they would never forget :lol:
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Avenger wrote:
Dark Stranger wrote:

We have already been over this... I guess if limp bizkit was headlining no one would care right?

/Point proven.
People aren't going to love every single headliner at every single festival. I don't like The Devil's Blood, and they headlined last year. Didn't bother me - I went and drank cans with a bunch of Norwegians.

/Point unproven.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Dark Stranger wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Dark Stranger wrote:

/Point proven.
People aren't going to love every single headliner at every single festival. I don't like The Devil's Blood, and they headlined last year. Didn't bother me - I went and drank cans with a bunch of Norwegians.

/Point unproven.
If all you are going for is to drink then you can do that at a bar without having to travel for a lot cheaper. You can’t argue that people attend festivals first and foremost for the music. If the line-up is shit, why bother going? Any other activities can be done elsewhere.

Like I said in the past, it's sad that a festival has to resort to gimmicks and it's even sadder that people support this.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

Avenger's never been there and probably nowhere similar so he's never going to get it, just say "OK we see your point, you win" and then we can all enjoy looking forward to Muskelrock 2013. :lol:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Dying Victims Prod

Post by Dying Victims Prod »

Thing is, there s not gonna be Limp Bizkit or some more realistic shitty bands.
In worst case they are decent band, one is simply not a fan of. And yeah ill happily be there, enjoying several bands and the whole atmosphere, people and even drinks :shock:
:wink:
www.dyingvictims.com

Thrash Attack zine
Dying Victims Productions
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Avenger wrote:
Dark Stranger wrote:
Avenger wrote:

/Point proven.

/Point unproven.
If all you are going for is to drink then you can do that at a bar without having to travel for a lot cheaper. You can’t argue that people attend festivals first and foremost for the music. If the line-up is shit, why bother going? Any other activities can be done elsewhere.

Like I said in the past, it's sad that a festival has to resort to gimmicks and it's even sadder that people support this.
Read my post properly. I would obviously rather go booze than watch a band I don't like. And if you ever bothered to travel to a festival you'd be amazed at the amount of people who do actually go to a festival for the fun and atmosphere and don't even buy a ticket - HOA had to outlaw that this year.
Bane

Post by Bane »

Avenger will never understand. He would have to leave his mothers basement and go to an actual festival in order to see what we mean.
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

OF COURSE the nearby pub offers exactly the same experience as a festival abroad, it's beer and other people, right? I still don't understand why Avenger is so damn hurt (and obsessed) by this festival and the fact that other people attend it. Can't fucking wait for it myself, just hoping it'll be warmer than last year!
The Devil is within us all...
mordred

Post by mordred »

I love meeting up with metal and vinyl maniacs from Ireland, Germany and Italy in my local pub! They're all over the place. 8)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D