Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Khnud

Muskelrock 2013

Post by Khnud »

Well, we all knew it had to happen eventually. Muskelrock proudly present... no bands at all until the festival opens on May 30th 2013!

That's right, the line up will be kept secret and not revealed until opening day.

What's the verdict - Fun or Folly?
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

Well, if you know the line up you probably need to visit the festival.

If you dont know, you really have to visit it.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, metalheads have so much money to spend nowadays that they don't care which bands they're going to see in a festival that will probably cost them at least 500 Euros.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Interesting experiment! Indeed it seems with this festival that the atmosphere is as much of a "draw" as any particular lineup of bands, so maybe it will work for them.
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

I used the loathe the attitude I myself have nowadays - It's such a great festival that I kinda decided going without knowing the line-up of 2013.
Now it really got exciting, it will be worth the small money it takes to travel there here from Finland anyways thanks to the atmosphere and small size (which I love in festivals) and I don't even know what to expect from the line-up! But for people more far away this might be a bit risky...
The Devil is within us all...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Why would someone attend without knowing what they will be seeing?

You can always drink at a local bar. If the bands are shit that's what you'll be doing anyways.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

I fear it will be a letdown for them. If I would do KIT with no bands announced it would certainly be a downer despite the good reputation we have.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

ION BRITTON wrote:Well, metalheads have so much money to spend nowadays that they don't care which bands they're going to see in a festival that will probably cost them at least 500 Euros.
Or 1500+ if they live overseas... quite a lottery to take w/o knowing a single band on the line-up...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

For once I was thinking about going next year, I'm going to pass on that now and spend my money on something else. I never have enough money to "wing it" on something that will cost me more than 10 euro in total.
Satrapold

Post by Satrapold »

A great idea, I will for sure jump into the unknown and I'm not a wealthy person at all. Never stop the madness!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Complete idiocy!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Avenger wrote:Why would someone attend without knowing what they will be seeing?

You can always drink at a local bar. If the bands are shit that's what you'll be doing anyways.
Because it's such a great weekend anyways. I don't know about your local bars but at mine I don't see 20-30 foreigner friends.
I will attend without knowing what I will be seeing because:

1) I love the atmosphere and seeing those friends of mine I never tend to see elsewhere
2) They've always had a good line-up, I don't believe it can suddenly turn to shit
3) The surprise factor is actually very refreshing and exciting, I mean, FOR A CHANGE

I don't blame anyone living far away for not wanting to take the chance, for me the whole trip is about 230€ + food, drinks, records/merchandise... But neither should you be blaming people who want to attend it without knowing the line-up (specially if you're never been there yourself and therefore don't know how it's like).
The Devil is within us all...
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

The problem is this, lets say you are planning on hitting a festival in Europe next summer. You look at HOA, Hells Pleasure and other festivals that are on within a few weeks of Muskelrock. You look at these fests and see one or two that have a really good line-up. Do you go to one of these fests or take a gamble with Muskelrock?
I have never been to this fest, and have only heard great things about it, but if you are going to spend a lot of money on flights and the usual expenses that go with traveling to fests then it is madness to take a chance on this. If you can get to it cheaply then that's fine but otherwise it doesn't make sense.
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

I'm looking forward to the rumors in the months/weeks/days leading up to it!

It is a cool idea, like I said, a bit of an experiment. Did the HMSS mystery LP sell out fast? That's the only thing I can think of that was sort of like this -- on a much smaller scale.