Muskelrock 2013

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

if muskelrock can afford aria then maybe also KIT can afford aria? it would be a dream to listen to tracks from geroi asfalt, krov sa krov and igra s ogniem live..i thought they would only play before tens of thousands of people, but if not, all the better
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
mordred

Post by mordred »

Aria has done the occasional club gig in Germany these past few years. I don't think it's impossible to afford them but they surely don't play for free and maybe they won't play a 45 minute set in the afternoon on a bill headlined by Leatherwolf and Fifth Angel. :wink:
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
nabel

Post by nabel »

They also play club gigs at baltic states every few year.
When I saw them in Estonia there were basicly only russian speaking people in audience and only people who had long hair or even remotely looked like metalheads were finns. :D Because of that I suppose they play those small places (compared to what they play in Russia) because of large population of russian speaking citizens.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Oliver, could you please enquire (again?) about Aria for KIT? Can't go to Muskelrock, but would dearly love to see them perform, especially the 80s songs.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

great_knuthulhu wrote:Oliver, could you please enquire (again?) about Aria for KIT? Can't go to Muskelrock, but would dearly love to see them perform, especially the 80s songs.
I already tried but its VERY difficult in Germany...since they would have to tour here and their last tour here was not very successful...plus their management is very slow in answering.
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Oliver/KIT wrote:
great_knuthulhu wrote:Oliver, could you please enquire (again?) about Aria for KIT? Can't go to Muskelrock, but would dearly love to see them perform, especially the 80s songs.
I already tried but its VERY difficult in Germany...since they would have to tour here and their last tour here was not very successful...plus their management is very slow in answering.
I see. Well, I'll probably have to polish up my Russian and visit our gigantic eastern neighbours to ever see Aria perform.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

Worst thing about this IDIOTIC idea about a secret line-up, is that it will influence the attendance to the small more unknown bands that plays in the afternoon.

Many people, like myself, check out the unknown bands on the bill beforehand, but if you sit by the tent drinking beers saturday afternoon looking in the program, and you don't recognise any names the chances are high that you'll just stick to beer and good company . Fact for if not all, then at least LOTS of people.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Could people who weren't going anyway perhaps stop moaning? :roll:
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

He's got a point though. It'd be detrimental for the lesser known acts if the festival program just mentioned the names of the bands playing, and nothing about styles, influences etc. I hope the organizers are aware of this.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
mordred

Post by mordred »

Everybody that ever attended Muskelrock knows beer and good company by the tent vs hanging around the stage area is not an issue since you can bring as much of your own beer as you want into the stage area which is a lot more cozy than a tent. Because of this I have watched more "small" bands on Muskelrock than I've done at any other festival.

I don't know if this secret lineup thing has been done before. It probably has but not on an underground metal festival. Let's see how it plays out shall we. We'll know afterwards if the smallest bands will have to play in front of nobody at all. I think not.

Personally I don't think I ever checked out a band because I saw their name on a festival bill. I usually check out something because I want to hear it.
snaps666

Post by snaps666 »

mordred wrote:Could people who weren't going anyway perhaps stop moaning? :roll:
And how do you know if I am going or not ? :roll: ... I've been there the last 3 years , and will most likely go there again this year. But I will keep "moaning", because it is a stupid idea with a secret line-up, and I still havn't seen one single good reason to have a totaly secret line-up. Maybe you can give me that?

And I am very well aware of the fact you can bring your own beers etc. But fact is, that I (and many people I know) like to check out bands beforehand to get an idea what to attend and not. I am not going to see every single concert on a festival anyway, so it would be most logical to skip stuff you don't know anyting about at all.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

It's a fair point - I'd never have bothered to check out Screamer (as I assumed they were just some crappy thrash band) until seeing them announced for Muskelrock last year - absolutely love them now.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I've stopped moaning, but I totally agree with snaps666. :wink:
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Well at least I would prefer reading all the whine and moaning AFTER the festival and its weird/stupid arrangements.
The Devil is within us all...
mordred

Post by mordred »

I know it's a fair point, but maybe we all just need to man up, grab a drink and go watch a few songs from a band we've never heard of instead of just being negative in advance.