Keep It True 16

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

See you there you cunts.
msp

Post by msp »

Divine Victim wrote:See you there you cunts.
Subtle :lol:
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

Sigh, I should never be allowed on the internet when drunk.
morbidsodomizer

KIT

Post by morbidsodomizer »

Getting closer!!!! If anyone needs Magnesium DLP or Digipack CD.
Can be found at Emanes Metal stand. I think it´s next to the KIT merchandise stand. Not too many copies for sale, due weight limit on airplain
Hey You HEAVY METAL Heroes!
Marken

Post by Marken »

Vince Du Juan Dennis - What a man!

GJ - What a man Part II!

1. Steel Prophet
2. Air Raid
3. Evil Invaders
Metal Knight

Post by Metal Knight »

Fuckin great festival as always !
Top of the week end was MEDIEVAL STEEL !!!! but others greats show !
anthares

Post by anthares »

Possessed
Liege Lord
Morbids Saint
!!

Now trying to recover.
msp

Post by msp »

Good time had by all I think. Good to see and catch up with some of the usual suspects. One hire car in particular was populated by members of the Sverige Metal Rarity Mafia and business was good for them :lol:

Enjoyed Evil Invaders, Morbid Saint, Liege Lord, Holocaust, Angel Witch, Legend. Started watching Warlord up in the seating area but the sound sucked so moved down below. Felt really tired by the end of it.

I don't recall much of Possessed as I was pretty drunk by that point. Ended up getting a taxi back to Bad Mergentheim with a Turkish guy, his wife and their female friend who were at KIT and who I had met on the train the previous day. I probably declared my love to one of the ladies in the group (not reciprocated) before falling over in the hotel, not closing the bedroom door properly and waking up with my trousers half on. Oh well.

See you all next year
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Another great visit to KIT. :) Great meeting all the corroseum guys I met even though I was pretty drunk most of the time so I can't remember em all. :P
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
Divine Victim

Post by Divine Victim »

msp wrote:I probably declared my love to one of the ladies in the group (not reciprocated) before falling over in the hotel, not closing the bedroom door properly and waking up with my trousers half on. Oh well.
Sounds like a typical night out in Chelmsford then!

Excellent festival as always, favourites were Liege Lord, Legend and Medieval Steel. All the younger bands really delivered too.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

I thought Attic were the band of the festival - really, really dug them. Warlord peaked way too early with all the Deliver Us tunes being played at the very start.

Some great vinyl hauls too, but nothing in the league of our beloved Administructor who cleaned up at that Spanish Rarities stall.
GJ

Post by GJ »

Marken wrote:GJ - What a man Part II!
:) You're much too kind Anders! I'm really just the sjåför. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed being outnumbered by you, Knut, Leif and the entire bunch of Norsemen at the hotel in Beckstein. I definitely wouldn't mind doing it again! You were the kindest, and you made me feel so welcome. Schlusstand: Schweden 1 - Norwegen 9 :wink:

Also enjoyed seeing and chatting with a few Corroseumeurs.
Special mention: Andreas, who not only provided the best food and drinks at the festival, but also turned out to be a really cool and friendly guy. Cheers! The next sip is on me. ;)

Musical highlights for me:
- Quartz, sounding and playing so damn good.
- Angel Witch, making me cry like a baby during Free Man.
- High Spirits, delivering an alternative to the sometimes - if you excuse me - silly big headed US-metal macho ideals. They're such a nice bunch of guys off stage too! <3

Runner-ups: Legend (a solid but not perfect performance, best part was buying and listening to the new album, absolutely brilliant!),Borrowed Time, Steel Prophet, October 31 (only caught a bit of them, but I enjoyed that) and Evil Invaders

Okidokies: Liege Lord, Medieval Steel (one hit wonder)

Major disappointment:
Warlord (awful to at best ok sound and a boooooooooring and lifeless singer)

I didn't see Airraid, Eliminator, Midnight (damn!), Jack Starr (2nd damn!), Possessed, Attic, Morbid Saint, Holocaust or Toranaga

---

Finally a few (good?) ideas to make next year's festival an even better one:

1. Don't spread your piss (and poop, even :shock: ) everywhere, use the toilets or at least go someplace where people don't have to step in your unwanted pee. See we don't want it either.
2. Take responsibility of your own garbage. I see no charm in walking around in what looks like a dump.
3. If you can avoid it do not party until you puke, there must be better ways to have fun I'm sure. And it smells.
4. Don't smoke inside the hall.

Edits: Forgot to mention some of the bands at first
Last edited by GJ on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am, edited 3 times in total.
nabel

Post by nabel »

I quite enjoyed all the bands, got some nice records and forgot to buy lots of records.

Best gig I have seen from Angel Witch, Quartz+Holocaust+Legend all brilliant, Warlord also even though dramatic arc was fucked up when they played basicly classics first, terrible sound during October 31, alcohol won Liege Lord but I still catched some of Possessed and Steel Prophet was also ok.
(Got my d'oh moment when Attic started to play Mercyful Fate. In all the interviews I have read they always play down the MF influence and then MF cover to end the set. :lol: )

And as the cat is now on the table, what's the thing with germans and toilets covered in shit&piss? Same thing at every damn festival.
Glen

Post by Glen »

Being the depressed little kid I was during the past week or so for not able to make it to KIT, I have tried to quench my thirst by reading numerous reviews of the bands. I was negatively surprised by the lack of mention towards Quartz's performance. For me, it would have been one of the hightlights of the festival, yet it seems they passed through the indifference of most.

Therefore I was happy to read a couple of lines regarding their performance from GJ. Kudos on the final few ideas as well. They should be printed in every festival-goer's mind.
"Spitting in the face of mainstream music"

Owner of Iron Horde Promotions
Organizer of the Malta Doom Metal Festival
http://www.maltadoom.com
mordred

Post by mordred »

I seem to be the only one to think the second half of the Warlord show was much better than the first. Not only did the band seem a lot more shaky in the beginning and not only were the sound problems much more evident, they also ran through all their worst songs (Penny for a Poor Man, Winter Tears, Lost and Lonely Days and Soliloquy). By the time they got to the material off the new album the band sounded much better and more confident and after that they treated us with War in Heaven and Winds of Thor before the amazing encore of Lucifer's Hammer and Achille's Revenge.

Moreover, my most enjoyed show was Jack Starr's Burning Starr. Just pure class right through with a great set list, great sound and great vocals. Also fairly enjoyed Medieval Steel and Legend. Hated Holocaust. I only saw three songs off Toranaga but they were bloody great so I regret not watching the show from the beginning. In a nutshell this was far from the best KIT I went to as far as the band performances go but I still had a good time and look forward to next year.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D