Keep It True 16

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:I was never much of a Liege Lord fan but surely they were a cult band that's perfect for KIT. I'll never understand how the bill of KIT is "prioritized". In my eyes Liege Lord is a band that should play 45 minutes in the afternoon.
Of the bands so far listed, who would you prefer to see as a headliner over Liege Lord? The band has 3 fantastic records in my opinion with "Master Control" being an absolute classic.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

Seems they (the Germans?) have a thing for Americans and their metal. Personally I would not have minded having Legend and Quartz as headliners. :wink: Still I'm sure Oliver knows his audience, as well as his own preferences.
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Got the tickets today. Liege Lord is a great choice. Hope they will play Master Control in full 8)
Lama

Post by Lama »

Avenger wrote:
Lama wrote:Queensrÿche anyone? Or too big for KIT?
Is the band even still together? I heard they kicked out Tate and his ridiculous business tactics and formed a new band with the new vocalist in Crimson Glory.
Well, they are doing gigs, so that's a pretty good indication that the band still exists :wink:
They are mostly playing old songs (up to "Empire"). Can't be bad, huh? KIT-approved imo!
For the time coming they can still use the 'Queensrÿche'-moniker. However, a court session has been planned to sort out who has the rights to use the bandname, the remaining members or Geoff Tate.
Kampel Destruction
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

GJ wrote: Personally I would not have minded having Legend and Quartz as headliners. :wink:
+ 1.
Xstroyer

Post by Xstroyer »

Lama wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Lama wrote:Queensrÿche anyone? Or too big for KIT?
Is the band even still together? I heard they kicked out Tate and his ridiculous business tactics and formed a new band with the new vocalist in Crimson Glory.
Well, they are doing gigs, so that's a pretty good indication that the band still exists :wink:
They are mostly playing old songs (up to "Empire"). Can't be bad, huh? KIT-approved imo!
For the time coming they can still use the 'Queensrÿche'-moniker. However, a court session has been planned to sort out who has the rights to use the bandname, the remaining members or Geoff Tate.
Actually Queensryche will give gigs as "Queensryche" and Tate (with a personal band) as "The Voice of Queensryche". The whole things turned to a parody, considering the rumors about pre-recorded vocals, and an official statement from the band denying this.

On topic, Liege Lord is an excellent choice, but I don't know if they should be headliners. Once again, we will be there anyway.
The Might of Chaos descends...
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Professor Black wrote:
Oliver/KIT wrote:
Marken wrote:
Yes, but hopefully you know the four others have played after his death. Would make a nice Mark Reale-tribute.
They did not play after his death...only when he died...now they split up completely
Is that correct? Tony Moore does seem to have disappeared completely, but some recent posts (from DVS I believe) seem to suggest they will continue in some capacity.
on their fb page they just wrote something about new songs. not sure if under the name of Riot though.. :|

https://www.facebook.com/riotrockcity/p ... 3519369914
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Hi Friends,

Finally we are able to announce our big Saturday headliner. We tried the band since KIT 1 and now it becomes reality: Legendary WARLORD with William J Tsamis and Mark Zonder will headline the KEEP IT TRUE Saturday. This will be the first show of WARLORD since the two shows in 2002 in Wacken and Itzehoe. There will also be a brand new album released in 2013. So be prepared for the mighty return of WARLORD. Here are also some words from William J Tsamis himself:

“Warlord is very happy to be coming to the Keep It True festival this April 2013. As you may know, there was a lot of tension whether Warlord should play Keep It True or Headbangers Open Air. I have great respect for the promoters of HOA and I have great respect for Oliver Weinsheimer, the promoter of Keep It True. In the end, however, our decision was based on one simple factor - and that was "the fans." Apart from researching the venues and corroborating with our peers from other respected metal bands, it all came down to what the fans were saying. Our intelligence sources followed numerous discussions on the internet, and it was clear that the fans at Keep It True seemed to want Warlord more than the fans of Headbangers Open Air. Thus, "Warlord is coming like a thunderstorm to deliver "epic power metal" in a way that you cannot even imagine . . . and we are doing it for "the fans" because we love "the fans." In fact, to us, it's all about "the fans". So when the fans tell us by a 10 to 1 margin that we should play Keep It True, we listen to the fans because our radar is up and running and our satellites are watching the situation. We hope the energy and affection at Keep it True will be able to match the passion, power and shock that Warlord will bring, because what we have in store for you is something that you cannot even imagine!" Until then, all the best, William J Tsamis“

We could already sell almost 90% of the tickets for next year, but you can still get the last tickets easily through these mailorders:

www.nuclearblast.de

At Nuclear Blast you can get also an exclusive Package with a festival shirt from this years KIT in sizes L or XL. Here are the direct links:

http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/produkte/ ... .2013.html
http://www.nuclearblast.de/de/produkte/ ... .2013.html
And these are the other shops you can buy the tickets:

www.hellionrecords.de

www.underground-power.de

Here is now the billing so far:

KEEP IT TRUE XVI 2013

WARLORD (USA)
LIEGE LORD (USA)
POSSESSED (USA)
MEDIEVAL STEEL (USA)
(first and exclusive European Show)
HOLOCAUST (UK)
(Special Old School Show)
JACK STARR’s BURNING STARR (USA)
(Special Old School Show)
STEEL PROPHET (USA)
QUARTZ (UK)
MORBID SAINT (USA)
(First German Show)
LEGEND (UK)
(First German show)
OCTOBER 31 (USA)
MIDNIGHT (USA)
(exclusive German Show)
HIGH SPIRITS (USA)
TORANAGA (UK)
RAZORWYRE (NZL)
AIR RAID (SWE)
BORROWED TIME (USA)
ELIMINATOR (UK)
ATTIC (GER)

Tauberfrankenhalle Lauda-Koenigshofen
April 19th./20th 2013
www.keep-it-true.de
www.facebook.com/keepittruefestival

Metal On,

Oliver + Tarek
GJ

Post by GJ »

Now that didn't hurt, did it?
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Oli is obviously God. There is no other explanation.

Thank you Oli.
Lama

Post by Lama »

Who is singing?
Kampel Destruction
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Cool to see Warlord choose KIT over HOA.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Who is indeed is singing??

Great line-up. Ordered tickets last week.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'm pretty sure some incarnation of the Damien King is singing.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Le fjump

Post by Le fjump »

I heard rumors the Hammerfall singer will take care of the vocal duties.

Edit:

Hahah. Dan, you suck.
Last edited by Le fjump on Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
My steel isn´t true and that makes me a sad panda...