Possible unreleased versions of the Arch/Matheos offering?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Northwinds

Possible unreleased versions of the Arch/Matheos offering?

Post by Northwinds »

My buddy John who is the singer hooked me up with these. As far as I know, Metal Blade never released these for sale to the general public. Apparently, they wanted to release John's ep seperately on vinyl. I have seen a few vague references to these and a site that claims they have it for sale, I sent them a message and they said they only had the single lp version, they never received the dual packaged set

Anyway, I have both versions sealed

Anybody else seen this in the wild? I look on eBay, Discogs and GEMM but have yet to see a verifiable copy for sale anywhere, just the single lp release. Excuse the ash, it dropped off my cigarette while I was taking the image but did not damage the shrink thankfully :D
Last edited by Northwinds on Fri May 04, 2012 2:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

I have the above issue with Twist of Fate as Bonus too, not the orange vinyl though. did not have the impression that it was extraordinary rare :?
bought it regularly somewhere (can't recall where exactly) when it came out last year.

the EP came out on CD only in 2003. as far as I know there has never been a vinyl version before.
Last edited by sagrotan on Fri May 04, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

sagrotan wrote:I have the above issue with Twist of Fate as Bonus too, not the orange vinyl though. did not have the impression that it was extraordinary rare :?
bought it regularly somewhere (can't recall where exactly) when it came out last year.

the EP came out on CD only in 2003. as far as I know there has never been a vinyl version before.
The black vinyl dual version was a pressing limited to 500 copies IIRC, the orange is 200. I would say that would make them rare. The regular single lp release is the common issue. Congrats as your the first that I know of that have a physical copy other then myself, John and Jim (plus whatever is in Metal Blade's possession. I will be talking to John tonight and will query him on what he may know of some releases ending up in Europe

The ep on vinyl to my knowledge was not released on it's own YET but John has a test pressing of it so I expect it to be available at some point
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

a good resource for collecting matters is the site www.musik-sammler.de which you probably haven't come across yet. it's all german but the informations are understandable I guess :wink:

see their page for Sympathetic Resonance: http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/460304

according to them, there are only different versions of the 2LP, not a single one..? they are nowhere near impeccable with their entries though
Centuries of Evil
Northwinds

Post by Northwinds »

sagrotan wrote:a good resource for collecting matters is the site www.musik-sammler.de which you probably haven't come across yet. it's all german but the informations are understandable I guess :wink:

see their page for Sympathetic Resonance: http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/460304

according to them, there are only different versions of the 2LP, not a single one..? they are nowhere near impeccable with their entries though
I never said there was different versions of the single release. I am not the know all be all when it comes to what is released but I have looked extensively for the 2lp set available for actual sale, I come up with blanks or a canned corporate photo on selling sites but no double version actually available. Thanks for the link, I will give it a peruse

EDIT: Checked the link and they show no black vinyl dual set, just the orange and the reissue clear sets

Could you check your copy on the back of what year it shows? Both my copies show 2010, not 2011
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Northwinds wrote:
sagrotan wrote:a good resource for collecting matters is the site www.musik-sammler.de which you probably haven't come across yet. it's all german but the informations are understandable I guess :wink:

I never said there was different versions of the single release. I am not the know all be all when it comes to what is released but I have looked extensively for the 2lp set available for actual sale, I come up with blanks or a canned corporate photo on selling sites but no double version actually available. Thanks for the link, I will give it a peruse

EDIT: Checked the link and they show no black vinyl dual set, just the orange and the reissue clear sets

Could you check your copy on the back of what year it shows? Both my copies show 2010, not 2011
hadn't understood you that way, sorry if I sounded so! just checked musik-sammler as I had no idea myself and they have no single LP version listed AT ALL, which is probably a mistake then. about the doubled version I bought, that was very likely on one of the bigger mailorders like Nuclear Blast or EMP :oops: that's why I thought it wasn't THAT rare. limited edition of 500 would be quite nice but am pretty sure some people here have it too. anyway, would not be complaining when having something which is maybe a bit rarer than I thought ;)

amazon.de still has the 2-LP for sale http://www.amazon.de/Sympathetic-Resona ... 324&sr=1-1 so this is maybe indeed an european edition.

oh, and mine is from 2011. "manufactured in the EU" and on the backcover is printed www.metalblade.de . this must be something else then!
Centuries of Evil