MERCYFUL FATE

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Chafe

MERCYFUL FATE

Post by Chafe »

Well, it surprises me that no one here's talking about the kinda "reunion" that Mercyful Fate had a few days ago.
King Diamond, Hank Shermann, Michael Denner and Timi Hansen played the Medley with Metallica on one of their 30th anniversary shows. Let's just hope that Mercyful Fate reunites and tour worldwide this way.

Here's the video itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pHCDgBj ... ture=share
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I guess noone's talking about it 'cos reunions have become so common nowadays that it just feels like a mandatory and inescapable phase of every band's career.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

I know that this is extremely unsubstantiated, but somebody on another forum claimed to have been at the Metallica show and his claim is that "I was lucky enough to hang a bit with King, Hank and Brian Slagel and they said that a new Fate record is in the works!!"
mordred

Post by mordred »

Probably because most members on this forum would not care about any news relating to Mercyful Fate unless it concerned something like the unearthing of a previously unknown pressing variation of the Nuns Have No Fun vinyl EP, or the discovery of a curious discrepancy in the matrix number of original Melissa cd's originally thought to be of the same press run.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Lama

Post by Lama »

mordred wrote:Probably because most members on this forum would not care about any news relating to Mercyful Fate unless it concerned something like the unearthing of a previously unknown pressing variation of the Nuns Have No Fun vinyl EP, or the discovery of a curious discrepancy in the matrix number of original Melissa cd's originally thought to be of the same press run.
:D
Kampel Destruction
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:Probably because most members on this forum would not care about any news relating to Mercyful Fate unless it concerned something like the unearthing of a previously unknown pressing variation of the Nuns Have No Fun vinyl EP, or the discovery of a curious discrepancy in the matrix number of original Melissa cd's originally thought to be of the same press run.
Quoted for truth.

I hadn't read anything about it either, but most of the metal news I read is from forums like this one. :D
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Funny cos we did an extensive interview with Kim last week end.... :D
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Kim Bendix Petersen or Kim Ruzz? :D
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Kim McAuliffe? "So what was it like having an electric shock from your mic after King Diamond 'invited' demons onstage?"
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

this is a reunion i do pray for
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

Kim Ruzz Oliver.... :o
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Kim McAuliffe? "So what was it like having an electric shock from your mic after King Diamond 'invited' demons onstage?"
:lol:

I think you'd have to be of a certain vintage to get this one.
I am, so i did.
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

you imagine Mercyful Fate open to Black Sabbath world wide?

:P
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

MetalizeR wrote:you imagine Mercyful Fate open to Black Sabbath world wide?

I doubt King and the gang are rich enough to pay Sharon for the opening slot. It will be the likes of Mastodon or Cradle of Filth I guess.
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

stormspell wrote:
MetalizeR wrote:you imagine Mercyful Fate open to Black Sabbath world wide?

I doubt King and the gang are rich enough to pay Sharon for the opening slot. It will be the likes of Mastodon or Cradle of Filth I guess.
:cry: