Damien Thorne - Rip Off Artist Supreme?

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
heavymetalmaniac

Damien Thorne - Rip Off Artist Supreme?

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

Some time before KIT I got an e-mail from Damien Thorne regarding their new album "End Of The Game". I ordered it and started waiting. Short before KIT I got another e-mail telling me that I could get the CD at KIT, so I asked a friend to get it there for me (he also ordered it), since I couldn't be there on Friday.

However, it didn't work out and I did not get the CD at KIT, no problem some would say and I wrote to Damien Thorne telling them that I did not get the CD. After some time of waiting I wrote to Damien Thorne again and finally got an answer about some e-mail problems they had and that the CD should ship soon.

This was long ago. Nothing happened afterwards. No CD arrived, no e-mail I wrote later on got an answer. So I paid for nothing.

The guy who wanted to get the CD for me at KIT and also ordered one, still did not get his CD either, so for me Damien Thorne are a rip off artist. They promise things, which they don't simply fulfill.

Any experience with the band?

HMM.
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

I guess quite a few members had ordered the "Former Life" mini-CD back in 1999-2000. Anyone got their copy?

Personally i haven't and i know from a few friends that their CD is also on their way...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I've got "End of the Game" few days ago. The funny thing is, I havent even asked for it. I was a bit puzzled why the band sent me a copy since it is silverpressed cd and they obviously dont need a help from a label to put it out. Perhaps they thought I'm a distributor or something...

Anyhow, it is a gifted horse so I'm not going to pick at its teeth. The thought that I'm probably one of the few chosen ones to receive it makes it even more special :wink:
metal gaijin

Re: Damien Thorne - Rip Off Artist Supreme?

Post by metal gaijin »

heavymetalmaniac wrote:Some time before KIT I got an e-mail from Damien Thorne regarding their new album "End Of The Game". I ordered it and started waiting. Short before KIT I got another e-mail telling me that I could get the CD at KIT, so I asked a friend to get it there for me (he also ordered it), since I couldn't be there on Friday.

However, it didn't work out and I did not get the CD at KIT, no problem some would say and I wrote to Damien Thorne telling them that I did not get the CD. After some time of waiting I wrote to Damien Thorne again and finally got an answer about some e-mail problems they had and that the CD should ship soon.

This was long ago. Nothing happened afterwards. No CD arrived, no e-mail I wrote later on got an answer. So I paid for nothing.

The guy who wanted to get the CD for me at KIT and also ordered one, still did not get his CD either, so for me Damien Thorne are a rip off artist. They promise things, which they don't simply fulfill.

Any experience with the band?

HMM.
I picked up the "Former Life" release back in the day and did indeed receive my copy, although it was on cassette at the time (perhaps that was before it was put out on CD). Also ended up getting a copy of the Haunted Mind CD without issue.

If I recall, it did take a few weeks for shipping stuff etc., but I guess I chalked it up to the "do it yourself" nature of things...

Hope you are able to get things worked out with the guys...I still enjoy revisiting "Sign of the Jackal" 8^)
say what you mean and say it mean