KIT XIV pre- & afterglow..

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

A great KIT once again, this time with quite a few great performances from Metalucifer, Enforcer, Satan, Saracen, Crimson Glory, Brocas Helm... but the ones to steal the show for me were Slauter Xstroyes. Part of that is probably surprise at how tight they were and the great vocals.

A great pity that Brocas Helm will break up. Jim told a friend (who is on here from time to time) that there were some very hard feelings within the band; "We just can't stand eachother".

Did any of you English guys stay in Beckstein BTW? There were some English folks on the floor below our room at the Rebenof.

Talked the longest to GJ off here probably, very nice fellow. Also spoke to quite a few Swedes, some Irish and exchanged some pleasantries with others. Only managed a nod and a wink to Nabel, sorry about that mate.

And Marken generally behaved... well, not out of the ordinary by his standards...
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
mordred

Post by mordred »

I guess I'm the only one not totally infatuated by Todd LaTorre's vocals in Crimson Glory. The guy's got a good voice and did a good job on the more melodic songs but to be honest some of the high screams he pitched he was really struggling and sounded like a stung pig.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Top 5 of the KIT
1- SATAN
2- Sacrifice
3- Slauter Xstroyes
4- Vicious Rumors
5- Death Dealer
6- Griffin

Tippins was on another planet. Oppression & Kiss of death were f***ing unbelievable!
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

top 6 actually :D
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

ION BRITTON wrote:METALUCIFER gave one hell of a show, I laughed my ass off when Neil Tanaka fell up the stairs holding the chainsaw, pure luck that he didn't cut his own head off haha.
Someone had to have gotten video of this, youtube that shit :P
Aiden

Post by Aiden »

Amazing weekend.

Friday highlights were Slauter Xstroyes and Brocas Helm who were unreal. I think Griffin suffered from being on after these ( I only saw one Breaker song) as I just couldn't get into it. Masters Of Metal were ok but nothing special. The only real low point was Damien Thorne. Awful set-list.

Saturday highlights were Saracen, Sacrifice, Satan and Crimson Glory. Sign Of The Jackal were a nice surprise as I'm not very familiar with them but really enjoyed it. Death Dealer were fairly bad. Couldn't get into them at all. A real let-down. Enforcer put on a good show but their music just lacks bite.

A real pity about Brocas Helm. It's a real shame that we won't get to see them again but they went out on a high.

Cheers to everyone that put up with my nonsense! A pity that I didn't get to talk to Dan. I'm sure we will meet at some other fest.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

LaGouille wrote:Tippins was on another planet.
YES! Another godly perfomance. He didn't lose one single note. Unbelievable...
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
darquos

Post by darquos »

Andreas wrote:
darquos wrote:Hi ! Excellent KIT for me too ! Satan was inimaginable !!

Someone can give me the name of the band that we listened just before the Enforcer show ?
Sign of the Jackal?
No, not a band live but a CD song at high level. At the end Enforcer came to the stage.
Pyrenean Metal
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

darquos wrote:
Andreas wrote:
darquos wrote:Hi ! Excellent KIT for me too ! Satan was inimaginable !!

Someone can give me the name of the band that we listened just before the Enforcer show ?
Sign of the Jackal?
No, not a band live but a CD song at high level. At the end Enforcer came to the stage.
They always come on to 'Diamonds and Rust'.
GJ

Post by GJ »

great_knuthulhu wrote:Talked the longest to GJ off here probably, very nice fellow.
No Knut you're wrong there, it is you who are a very nice fellow. A true pleasure meeting you and your country men. Now off and PM me your address and I shall seal our deal.

I still feel bad for almost not hearing one word from the nice guy (whoever you are) who tried to talk to me at the end of the Vicious Rumors gig. I have a very hard time talking in noisy environments, it all becomes a blur in my ears. Next time I'll buy you a beer and we go outside for a chat, right? :wink:

Also nice seeing all them Swedes: Khnhuhdh, Dan, Stefan (is he around here? don't know his nick) and Mordred and especially Le Fjump who had to endure severe agony and pain due to the Bailey Bros DJ:ing Eloy, Hookers and some "power metal" in the car.

Psssst.... I now know where Nathaniel stores his beer - so if thirsty at next year's festival just ask me and I'll let you know (for a reasonable sum of course). Haha!

Oh, there were band's playing there also... I liked Saracen & Satan best with Brocas & Slauter not far behind.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

sounds like a party guys,i bet you had hell of a time, keep the reviews coming!!cant wait to see videos either

....on another note, does anyone know what takes newer bands to play at KIT?
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

Well, I didn't go, but someone (maybe someone on this forum?) posted a few videos on Youtube.

Leather - Still amazing after all these years! My favorite female vocalist ever!:

http://youtu.be/qWc2Hyv-Ymc

Slauter Xstroyes - I'm a huge fan and can't believe that I don't even miss John Stewart at all... the new vocalist is perfect! Hopefully they'll do a new album:

http://youtu.be/MIZ29mJ6yG8
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

great_knuthulhu wrote:
Did any of you English guys stay in Beckstein BTW? There were some English folks on the floor below our room at the Rebenof.
Yeah, 5 of us stayed in Rebenhof; great hotel! Unbeatable weekend, the highlights being Slauter Xstroyes (unbelievable musicianship, so tight, and I didn't miss Jon Stewart at all), Brocas Helm (sloppy in places, but so much energy, and the crowd reactionw as intense; didn't look onstage at all like they don't get on), Satan (not sure my neck has recovered from that one yet, not sure Brian Ross's Geordie stage banter made much sense to most there!), Death Dealer (although the crowd watching them didn't seem to give such a great reaction they really played with fire and passion) and Metalucifer (pure entertainment).

A few disappointments: Damien Thorne (awful), Sledge Leather (horrible drum sound and came across as pretty pedestrian the guitarist wasn't very impressive at all), Crimson Glory (some great songs swimming in a sea of absolute cheese).

The food was pretty awful for vegetarians, but that's par for the course in Germany!
nabel

Post by nabel »

great_knuthulhu wrote: Only managed a nod and a wink to Nabel, sorry about that mate.
Don't worry, at that point I was dead tired and my throat was fucked up by sleeping next to open window the night before = could not talk properly.
anthares

Post by anthares »

Well, was looking for to see Damien Thorne but seems that I was lucky to miss that one. What actually was so shit with them?

Highlights for me was Slauter, Sacrifice, Crimson G, Griffin, Metalucifer, V. Rumours and Bitch.

Pestkrieg wrote:
The food was pretty awful for vegetarians, but that's par for the course in Germany!
Got my dose of fries for some time now.