Cauldron Born On Vinyl

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
LuciferSteele

Post by LuciferSteele »

great edition, even greater band and album
cheers Howie
FINAL AXE
TYRANT
CROSS
ZIONS ABYSS
STEEL PROPHET
SALEM SPADE
KINGS RANSOM
and the story continues...
www.steel-legacy.com
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

Thanks LuciferSteele ! Killer name, by the way!

Here is a Cauldron Born blog post that I have written for the speculative fiction magazine(website) Black Gate. I plan to follow with more posts on the influence of Robert E. Howard and the sword & sorcery genre in general, on the lyrics in Heavy Metal music, as well as some other Metal-related topics. Thanks for reading, and leave a comment if you like.

http://www.blackgate.com/2011/01/27/swo ... more-16787

Howie
daniel

Post by daniel »

My copy arrived today. I like the texture of the cover, layout looks good, and the label sticker is cool, which usually isn't the case, the poster is also bigger and better looking than expected so all in all great quality. Some photos:

I'm guessing this Danny Lovecraft is actually supposed to be the vocalist Danny White, as all other band members were thanked :) :
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

Hey, Daniel! Thanks for the plug!

Danny Lovecraft is the owner of Prea Press:

http://www.preapress.com/authors.php?vi ... &author=27

He publishes Cthulhu Mythos-related books. He published Richard L.Tierney's SAVAGE MENACE poetry collection. I set Tierney's poem "All-Hallowed Vengeance" to music on the Briton Rites debut.

Howie
Xstroyer

Post by Xstroyer »

Unique band, supreme album, killer re-release AT LAST on vinyl!

I don't have to say more, I am just waiting for new stuff from CB, after all it's one of my fave US bands from 90s and on.

I also like a lot "For Mircalla" cd from Briton Rites (great stuff for everyone in traditional heavy doom).

Cheers from Greece, Howie

Andreas A.
The Might of Chaos descends...
Ra Pariah

Post by Ra Pariah »

This vinyl is highly recommended! The poster is really great! Although I don't buy lots of vinyl releases, I didn't hesitate in the least to order this unique album!

I hope the new stuff will be killer, as well! :twisted:
All through the night steel by your side
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

great release this. the intro riff to Unholy Sanctuary is one of the heaviest motherfuckers around. I always wanted to say that in public.
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
akira

Post by akira »

Howie, I like all your records, and have all. Marvelous music, indeed.I like better remastered version of the Born Of The Cauldron, much better sound than the original edition.
And Rome Shall Fall is a masterpiece. The guy has fantastic voice.
I hope that new Cauldon Born will be released in due course. :D
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

'pataphysicien wrote:great release this. the intro riff to Unholy Sanctuary is one of the heaviest motherfuckers around. I always wanted to say that in public.
pataphysicien: Thanks for saying that in public! That is funny as hell. Can I quote you on that?

Howie
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

Xstroyer, Ra Pariah, pataphysicien, akira:

Thanks for the support guys!

There have been a couple of delays on the Cauldron Born EP, but we will be back in the studio next weekend. Iron On Iron has told me that they want to release it around the end of May, so that is what I am shooting for.

I am planning a second Briton Rites album as well, it is just hard to find time to do it all, because I teach lessons six days a week.

Howie
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

akira wrote:Howie, I like all your records, and have all. Marvelous music, indeed.I like better remastered version of the Born Of The Cauldron, much better sound than the original edition.
Hey Akira. I am glad that you like David's voice, as he will be the singer on the EP, as well.

Howie
akira

Post by akira »

Cauldron_Born wrote:
akira wrote:Howie, I like all your records, and have all. Marvelous music, indeed.I like better remastered version of the Born Of The Cauldron, much better sound than the original edition.
Hey Akira. I am glad that you like David's voice, as he will be the singer on the EP, as well.

Howie
That's great . Put some samples on Myspace, I can't wait to hear them
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

My copy came last week. Amazing to finally have a permanent version of this album done right. Love the poster, nice to see the entire artwork in all its glory. I would have loved it is the art had been rotated on the cover so that when the gatefold was opened you could see essentially what is on the poster. Oh well, I found out long ago I can't have everything! I need to compare the new remaster job to the old since it seems the lp version sounds better than ever.
Cauldron_Born

Post by Cauldron_Born »

doomedplanet: Thanks, Bravo! I appreciate the plug.

The Cauldron Born EP SWORD AND SORCERY HEAVY METAL has been put on hold until Corbin gets settled into his new house. The album will see light of day(or dark of night), hopefully this year.

I have some copies of the vinyl edition of BORN OF THE CAULDRON left, for those who are interested. Here is the link:

http://echoesofcromrecords.com/Vinyl_Listings.html

Howie
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

One of my favourite USPM CD's. Bought the vinyl version at HOA, haven't listened to the LP yet but the whole package is totally bad arse!!!