Witchcraft & Burning Saviours

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Azaras

Witchcraft & Burning Saviours

Post by Azaras »

This forum is for new bands, so...

I really like both of these '70s-styled bands. BURNING SAVIOURS is good, and their first album is much better than WITCHCRAFT's very calculated first offering. The new WITCHCRAFT album, however, is organic and perfect in a way that destroys all competition.

When I stuck on "Firewood" by WITCHCRAFT and heard the cool breakdowns and right-turns in the songs (as well the drumming and bass work, which doubtless totally destroy BURNING SAVIOURS), I felt as though I was 12 again and putting "Paranoid" on for the first time.

Swedes, don't miss out on seeing these great bands from your country! You'll regret it! High quality acts, so you should see them... and post show reports for us others to read :). People say SARCOFAGO is heavy... pfft. Heavy is a riff that's slow and feels like somebody is choking the last air from your throat and lungs. These bands aspire to giving their listeners that most noble of sensations.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Definitely 2 of the best Swedish bands around today, even if BURNING SAVIOUR fall behind the greatness of WITCHCRAFT any day. BS' PENTAGRAM-worship gets a bit too obvious at lenght.

The girlfriend of one of the WITCHCRAFT guys is an old friend of mine, so I usually slip them some CDRs when going to their gigs. Hopefully we'll see some PAGAN ALTAR, DWARR and BLACK HOLE influences on the next record :wink:
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Hey, cool. PAGAN ALTAR & BLACK HOLE are already a bit "post-70s" in their sound, I guess, but it wouldn't be too bad to see those influences in WITCHCRAFT. I still like the BANG/T2/WISHBONE ASH/WANDERER vibe they exude, however.

Somebody told me they based their last album on THE OBSESSED but I don't hear any of that in it.

DWARR would be great for them to digest! "We are ghost lovers one and all, we love to play our silly games in the night...".