OMEN lose their singer

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Bane

OMEN lose their singer

Post by Bane »

As of today, Dec. 3rd 2010, I am no longer a member of the legendary, epic metal band, OMEN.

I want to thank first and foremost, Kenny Powell, for the great run we had together, and I want to especially thank the fans and new friends I made around the world for all of the love and support you showed me.

I was then as I am today, an OMEN fan to the end. We'll see each other again soon.

- George Call
Gutted! He was truly the best thing to happen to OMEN as long as I've been a fan of them. Brilliant vocalist and he had Kimball's songs completely nailed.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Pitty, saw them live 2 times last year and he nailed the songs damn good. He gave me a cd of his other band and need to check it again when I'm able to find it here. Can't remember how that project sounded.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Bane

Post by Bane »

Aska? Eh, I tried to like them...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

That's the one. It didn't have an impact on me either otherwise I would remember it.
Long Live The Loud !!!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Aska, they have a few really great tracks, maybe you'll get into them :)
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Marken

Post by Marken »

Aska is pretty good. Especially the Absolute Power-album.
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Moved to Victims of Time since this is news, even if the band is old
From_the_Fjords

Re: OMEN lose their singer

Post by From_the_Fjords »

Bane wrote:
As of today, Dec. 3rd 2010, I am no longer a member of the legendary, epic metal band, OMEN.

I want to thank first and foremost, Kenny Powell, for the great run we had together, and I want to especially thank the fans and new friends I made around the world for all of the love and support you showed me.

I was then as I am today, an OMEN fan to the end. We'll see each other again soon.

- George Call
Gutted! He was truly the best thing to happen to OMEN as long as I've been a fan of them. Brilliant vocalist and he had Kimball's songs completely nailed.
Yes, He was the better thing for omen in the last years; Omen was reborn with this vocalist. I hope in the new one
daniel

Post by daniel »

It's a joke to think that Omen are a real band anymore or have been for years. A new vocalist... just another reason to ignore them.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Pity. He was the perfect singer for Omen and I loved the new track (Blood on the Water) that was recorded for the compilation CD. I was looking forward to a full length. Now I'm kind of happy I forked out those 10 euros for only one new track at HOA if it turns out to be the only officially released song with Omen and George Call.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
nabel

Post by nabel »

Pity, they were brilliant liveband. Don't know about the new tracks. Missed all the merchandise at HOA, even Anvil Chorus shirt.

:x
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

That's a bummer, he was really cool to talk to at HOA.
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

George was OK for Omen and the new song was also quite cool. I saw them live twice with him (2008 & 2010) - really great voice, but how the hell was he still fucking up on lyrics (In The Arena, Don't Fear The Night.. even Ruby Eyes) after two years. I think he fits Aska a lot more than Omen... and I wish him all the best with that band.

I was realy looking forward to hearing the new material with George though.
Hopefully we'll still get to hear Hammer Damage sometime soon.

I think Powell should reconsider Kevin Goocher since EBD is a really killer record.

Sorry, but a bit off-topic now: Does anyone own Into The Arena:20 years live? Was that even released? I've been looking for that CD for sometime now. If anyone has it and is willing to share, I would be very grateful.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Heavy wrote:Sorry, but a bit off-topic now: Does anyone own Into The Arena:20 years live? Was that even released? I've been looking for that CD for sometime now. If anyone has it and is willing to share, I would be very grateful.
It was released as an official CD-R and is available through their website... Too bad they didn't take the time and spend the cash to make silver CDs, would have made it much more appealing to me.
Heavy

Post by Heavy »

Thanks, but I've tried that before. Their website is sometimes up, sometimes down and no-one is responding anyway. Kenny actually told me at KIT they were out of 'em, but are going to re-print. So now I'm looking for a used copy or even an mp3 rip 'till I get that one - the biggest Omen rarity :lol: