Sarcofagus Vinyls Out Now!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
sarcofagus

Sarcofagus Vinyls Out Now!

Post by sarcofagus »

Hi All!

This Kimmo from Sarcofagus. Just to let you know about these new releases by Svart Records. We have few of these and are selling them with the lowest price around :)

Otherwise check out Sarcofagus site at: www.sarcofagus.com for news.

We recorded a new "Live In Studio 2010" album in October. This will be released in Spring 2011 and then we have a Tour!

All The Best,

Kimmo Kuusniemi

Latest Sarcofagus news:

Re-release of 1980 "Cycle of Life" Album, now out as luxury Vinyl edition, by SVART Records

This is luxury reissue of their first studio LP "Cycle of Life" from 1980. The new edition is remastered for vinyl from the original master tapes and wrapped inside a glossy gatefold jacket. Includes a large booklet with all the material from the original, rare inserts plus new liner notes from band leader Kimmo Kuusniemi, as well as previously unseen photos.

Guitarist Kimmo Kuusniemi comments:

"-Sarcofagus "Cycle of Life" Album came out soon after the "Live in Studio 1979" tape and the "Go to Hell-All Those Lies" Single, also out in 1979. The record label JP-Music released and distributed the Sarcofagus Single to radio stations and music reporters to test the waters, and to find out if there was a market for a Heavy Rock Album in Finland. The Single wasn't even available in the shops. However, I had already talked the record label into releasing an Album. In my mind the band's future success was undeniable, unavoidable, guaranteed and great!

-Sarcofagus was meant to be a Heavy Rock band, and that was the direction "Cycle of Life" was taking. The recording was done at the Pan Studio, Helsinki, the place already familiar from the earlier sessions, with Timo Toikka as the recording engineer. This time we had whole 3 days of studio time in our use!

-Juha Kiminki played bass, Ari-Pekka Roitto drums, Hannu Leiden vocals and acoustic guitar, and we also had some guest stars: Hanna Heikinheimo playing flute and for the first time, Esa Kotilainen, the Keyboard Wizard, synthesizers. Since then Esa has become an essential part of the band."

Technical Info:
140 gram clear vinyl, sturdy glossy gatefold jacket, large 8 page booklet with unseen photos and information. Limited to 500 copies on clear vinyl.
180 gram black vinyl limited to 200 copies, sturdy glossy gatefold jacket, large 8 page booklet with unseen photos and information.

This  Luxury Vinyl release was made by SVART Records in Finland, 2010. 

The First Finnish Heavy Metal Band Sarcofagus has a LIMITED AMOUNT of new vinyls and other stuff available straight from the Sarcofagus website:

http://www.sarcofagus.com/Sarcofagus/SHOP.html

Also available from our Ebay shop:  

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/crystal-skulls/m.html

Other Sarcofagus News:

"Sarcofagus Live in Studio 1979" Brand New Black & Clear Vinyl LP Release

This is the long-lost first recording of the grandfathers of Finnish Heavy Metal. This tape was made in Pan Studio, Helsinki Finland, during a single recording session in May 1979 and buried in time soon after. Lately the tape was rediscovered and is now available on limited high quality vinyl, as it should be! 
These early tracks are a brilliant document of the birth of Sarcofagus - the music has its roots in blues and progressive rock, as the band was still searching for its distinctive heavy metal style. Finnish national radio played some of these songs, which then led to a record deal and the rest is heavy metal history. 

This is the first ever official vinyl release of this forgotten "Sarcofagus Live in Studio 1979" tape.
Previously it has only been available as a limited edition CD from the band's website.
Original lineup: Kimmo Kuusniemi (guitar), Hannu Leiden (vocals), Juha Kiminki (bass) and Kai "Sandy" Sand (drums).
All tracks by Kuusniemi/Leiden: All Those Stories, Back to Black, Go to Hell, Here I Am, Lies, When I'm Gone, Thought of a Sculpture.

The Black Limited Edition 180 gram version, only few copies available! 350 gram heavy rough gatefold covers plus a large 16 pp booklet with liner notes and unseen photographs.
The Clear Limited Edition beautifully remastered on 140 gram clear vinyl! 350 gram heavy rough gatefold covers plus a large 16 pp booklet with liner notes and unseen photographs!

This  Luxury Vinyl release was made by SVART Records in Finland, 2010. 

The Vinyl is newly mastered respecting the original tape master. 

Sarcofagus Skull T Shirt
Front: The same big skull design as in the cover of the new "Live in Studio 1979" Vinyl. Original old photo by Kimmo Kuusniemi.
Back: Text Sarcofagus with the Eye of the Horus symbol. Original design from Kimmo's old leather jacket.
Printed on Gildan black heavy cotton, men's standard T. Only LIMITED AMOUNT available in sizes S, M, L and XL.

Sarcofagus "Cycle of Life" T Shirt
Front: RedText "Sarcofagus" and the original inner sleeve design from the 1980 "Cycle of Life" Album.
Back: Red Text "Cycle of Life" and three Egyptian falcon mummies.
Printed on Gildan black heavy cotton, men's standard T. Only LIMITED AMOUNT available in sizes S, M and L and XL.

Svart Records will soon re-release also the "Envoy of Death" 1980 Vinyl, limited amount will be also available from the Band's website.

By buying straight from the Sarcofagus site you will support the band right away - and if requested get guitarist Kimmo Kuusniemi's signature!

All the best and thank you,

Sarcofagus

www.sarcofagus.com
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

no Envoy Of Death??? :(
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

I'm sure Envoy of death will be next in line. That would be logical anyway.

Either way, I can always recommend ordering from Sarcofagus. Top quality merch and excellent service.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

convent guilt wrote: Either way, I can always recommend ordering from Sarcofagus. Top quality merch and excellent service.
really hope so
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Ordered! Buy or die!
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Ordered one as well, can't wait!
Long Live The Loud !!!
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I hope Envoy of Death and Moottorilinnut follow.
nabel

Post by nabel »

HUGE sound on Cycle Of Life! Excellent rerelease. Svart is also releasing the impossible to get 7"...
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

The Sentinel wrote:Ordered one as well, can't wait!
just ordered the combo deal! 8)

too bad those shirts are quite expensive.. the Live in Studio design slays
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:no Envoy Of Death??? :(
just got email containing this info:

"The next worldwide Sarcofagus re-releases by SVART Records will be Luxury Vinyl Editions of 1980 "Envoy of Death" LP (..)"

8)
Centuries of Evil
MEXDefenderOfSteel

sagrotan wrote:

"The next worldwide Sarcofagus re-releases by SVART Records will be Luxury Vinyl Editions of 1980 "Envoy of Death" LP (..)"

8)
just made my day!...any possible dates?
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
sagrotan wrote:

8)
just made my day!...any possible dates?
no exact date given. "imminent", it says
Centuries of Evil
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Envoy of Death seems available now!! :o
Centuries of Evil
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Yeah - Both Moottorilinnut and Envoy of Death are now out on vinyl, from Svart Records. At least High Roller is selling them as well. Going to pick up my yellow copy of Moottorilinnut tomorrow, can't wait to get it on my hands and watch the DVD!
The Devil is within us all...
Lama

Post by Lama »

Already in the collection! Quality re-release!
Kampel Destruction