MANOWAR - Gods of War

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Indeed too much interlude crap, they really go over the top here. Better cut out the interludes en make a metal-album MANOWAR. The rest is OK.

btw I going to see them next week in Deutschland. Someone already saw them on this tour?
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Here's the Clip "Die for Metal" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_UGFLT0VMY
Levi

Post by Levi »

Haven't heard the new album, but this clip sure doesn't cut it for me. Damn, what a boring & cheesy song. Only the solo just saves it from being total crap. Reminds me again why they lost me after Kings of Metal.
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

Manowar is dead. I thought the last album was bad, but "Gods of War" is absolute crap, and this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of the early Manowar releases. When you look at their career, you can tell that they were actually into the music in the early days, but got tired of it and started pumping out uninspired, simplistic garbage just because the fans would still buy it. The Manowar = KISS comparison is totally correct. Cool live shows, but nothing worthwhile in the way of new music.

Oh well, at least there's still the first 4 albums to enjoy. Also, I have a hard time believing Scott Columbus is even still playing drums on the studio albums - the drum parts are so simplistic, it sounds like a lazily programmed drum machine.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

xr2m wrote: Oh well, at least there's still the first 4 albums to enjoy.
OK where's the Triumph Of Steel?So make it the 4 first+Triumph Of Steel.Kings Of Metal+Fighting The World+Louder Than Hell+2newer=bad.I think Triumph Of Steel is the best record together with Into Glory Ride of corpse. 8)
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Got this the other day seems fairly decent to me, Not amazing but good.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"