Malediction

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Marken

Malediction

Post by Marken »

I tried the search-function to find a Malediction-topic, but there seems to be none.
I have just recently checked out this band myself. A couple of friends mentioned Malediction as one of the best french bands on another forum, so I bought the Esclave du vice-CD.
Simply put, brilliant heavy metal with great vocal and superb vocalmelodies all the way through.

So how come this band is hardly mentioned?

Is the debut as good as Esclave du vice? If some of you know where to find the CD-version of the debut for an ok price, please tell me.
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

my personal opinion is that the first CD is much better,and i take it i would be pretty objective saying the first CD is much catchier too.
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
Marken

Post by Marken »

MassOfKthulu wrote:my personal opinion is that the first CD is much better,and i take it i would be pretty objective saying the first CD is much catchier too.
I have only heard a couple of songs from the debut. My first impression was that they were good, but not as brilliant as the stuff on Esclave du vice. Of course, I have to hear the whole album many times before making a judgement, but the CD can't be found either at ebay, Stormspell, Shadow Kingdom, Hell Bent For Records or Karthago, so I have to keep on searching. Grrrr...
hload

Post by hload »

what a coinsidence! i love first malediction and then 2nd side of esclave. i'm spinning it now, eating some terin with bearnaisse sauce and staring the jamaica t-shirt of the drummer.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

The first almbum is extremely good.... you could feel this band could deliver GREAT PURE Metal but "Esclave" just blows it away.... The material on "esclave" simply shines.....
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

For some reason, I've had the debut for a few years, worshipping it, but I still never got around to buying the 2nd album. Bought it now off ebay for $3 recently though and am now waiting for it to arrive here. What an excellent band!
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

I find the girly vocals quite annoying although the music is quite good.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
anthares

Post by anthares »

One of the greatest bands in this decade. Condamnes is perfect album! Didnt get so much into second one yet.
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

Great band. Always preferred the first album over the second one myself, but that one's really good as well.

I was hoping to release the demo they did prior to the labums on vinyl through Stormbringer many years ago, but nothing ever came out of it. They were too busy working on material for the second album in their own studio or something like that from what I remember. A shame they split up.
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

Condamnés kills! I just got the other album a few days ago, it's not as ballsy but still very good
Over all was an evil silence, broken only by the satanic laughter of hyenas
nabel

Post by nabel »

Both albums are very good and I have probably spinned the second one even more than the first one.
big mouth

Post by big mouth »

I find the girly vocals quite annoying although the music is quite good.
Don't tell me what you're listening to usually.....thanks. :lol:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

OK, I won't tell you, but it's probably not what you think :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart