METAL WARNING FESTIVAL #3 - Sep. 2010 (w/Sarcofagus, Cloven

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
nabel

Post by nabel »

Sarcofagus was great despite little problems with sound. I could not hear any female vocs basicly, sometimes guitar+hammonds were buried somewhere or killed each other. But the venue is famous for those problems. I had take a piss during the set and in the toilet hammond sound was crystal clear. :lol:
And a deep bow to Anssi Nykänen on drums, excellent playing.

Great weekend even if there was so little audience. Maybe Watain+Repugnant took some audience from the saturday but in the end it's a financial suicide to book bands like Overdrive+Torch+Ram for a gig in Finland. Maybe there would have been 20-30 more people in audience without that other gig.
Dark Stranger

Post by Dark Stranger »

Are those guys not popular in Finland Nabel? I'd have loved to have seen them myself.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I wish I could have made it, but lack of money coupled with other problems made it a no go.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
convent guilt

Post by convent guilt »

I guess all the old Finns who liked Sarcofagus, Gobra, O.S.S.Y. etc have grown up and don't care about those bands any more...

If the amount of flyers at HoA was matched by the promotion back in Finland, there shouldn't have been a problem with people not knowing about it.
nabel

Post by nabel »

Dark Stranger wrote:Are those guys not popular in Finland Nabel? I'd have loved to have seen them myself.
About saturdays bands I would say Overdrive&Torch are kind of bands that are loved by those who search history of metal and to most finnish "metalheads" Iron Maiden&Judas Priest records are enough.
I have so many friends to whom playing Overdrive would only get response that "Iron Maiden did this already, not interested". And I don't even suppose (as I'm born in 79) that they sold more than few hundred LP's at most at 80's.

About Ram, they have gotten good reviews but do people anymore read reviews? I can't remember their interviews in major metal magazine Inferno here (or big music press like Soundi or Rumba). To some people it's all about marketing, being "approved by Fenriz" and not drowning yourself into the fiery pits of hot metal.