Quicksand Dream - AELIN

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Zuul
Posts: 63
Contact:

Post#16 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:14 pm

Cover art is very fitting!

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#17 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Zuul wrote:Cover art is very fitting!
Well I'm not sure... *drumroll* ...I think Doughty's a pretty decent painter. *polite applause*

Stupid me, of course you're right!

Btw Patrick seems to know more than me, since he's stated on the QD-myspace that the vinyl version should be out early next year. If that is true I must order the lot from them, to keep them out of reach for the unsuspecting and innocent. I'll let them add one copy of your new single too. :D

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#18 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:05 pm

Oh, and thanks Sgt K!

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#19 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:32 pm

OK, call me a self-obsessed wanker, it won't hurt a bit. :P I will still be very happy about this review Janet Willis wrote at the Hellride Forum:

"Right on the heels of epic metal masters Atlantean Kodex comes this Swedish outfit with a monumental album that took almost twenty years to complete and was totally worth the wait. On “Aelin” you get the classic metal and epic metal sound with a slight prog feel in the bass lines and no power metal leanings (for those who’s bowels wrench at the thought of that stuff). There’s a classic/vintage feel to it all as well that makes this release timeless and the rhythms manage to boogie and walk you through the narrative tracks to create this incredible audio journey that’s totally worth the 20 year wait. There’s so much to love on this release that to put it in words is simply impossible…you get great classic metal hooks and grooves to make those into the heavy 70’s and doom pay attention, great chugging classic metal riffs, and the walking bass lines to generate this amazing texture that just comes in quick and completely swallows you up without waiting for the songs to build into 14 minute pieces like a spontaneous whirlpool. Needless to say, this is essential as well.

For fans of: Atlantean Kodex, Manilla Road, Pagan Altar"


A friend of yours Chris? :lol: (still, she got it right...)

leifkr
Posts: 312

Post#20 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Got this as a digital promo yesterday. Looking forward to check it out!

Professor Black
Posts: 327

Post#21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:29 am

GJ wrote:OK, call me a self-obsessed wanker, it won't hurt a bit. :P I will still be very happy about this review Janet Willis wrote at the Hellride Forum:

"Right on the heels of epic metal masters Atlantean Kodex comes this Swedish outfit with a monumental album that took almost twenty years to complete and was totally worth the wait. On “Aelin” you get the classic metal and epic metal sound with a slight prog feel in the bass lines and no power metal leanings (for those who’s bowels wrench at the thought of that stuff). There’s a classic/vintage feel to it all as well that makes this release timeless and the rhythms manage to boogie and walk you through the narrative tracks to create this incredible audio journey that’s totally worth the 20 year wait. There’s so much to love on this release that to put it in words is simply impossible…you get great classic metal hooks and grooves to make those into the heavy 70’s and doom pay attention, great chugging classic metal riffs, and the walking bass lines to generate this amazing texture that just comes in quick and completely swallows you up without waiting for the songs to build into 14 minute pieces like a spontaneous whirlpool. Needless to say, this is essential as well.

For fans of: Atlantean Kodex, Manilla Road, Pagan Altar"


A friend of yours Chris? :lol: (still, she got it right...)
No, I don't know her! There are already a few other reviews posted. I will email you the links.

Professor Black
Posts: 327

Post#22 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:23 am

CD is here now! The band will have copies within 10 days, please buy it from them!

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#23 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:40 pm

...or from the guy above! :D

But feel free to PM me if you'd like to buy or trade.

And I've not forgotten you Chafe!

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#24 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:19 pm


User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#25 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:57 pm

The AELIN cds arrived today!

I will be at the Candlemass gig in Stockholm on Saturday. If any of you are interested in obtaining a CD I can bring some copies with me. I'm the fat old bearded guy wearing a red High Spirits shirt (thnx Chris! :wink: ). I hope 70 kr is a sensible price for ye poor, poor Corroseumers, all of whom already have spent the last pennies on records & beverages (I know I have). Trades are welcome also of course - but only if your band is better than mine, haha!

PM or assault me at the event.

Shadow Kingdom
Posts: 852

Post#26 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Got this release instock now if anyone's interested. Great great album, why has this taken 20 years to release????

User avatar
omen of hate
Posts: 6094

Post#27 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:43 pm

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Got this release instock now if anyone's interested. Great great album, why has this taken 20 years to release????
Great, just ordered one !

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#28 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:27 pm

omen of hate wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:Got this release instock now if anyone's interested. Great great album, why has this taken 20 years to release????
Great, just ordered one !
I'm all yours! :D

User avatar
GJ
Posts: 2254
Contact:

Post#29 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:33 pm

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Got this release instock now if anyone's interested. Great great album, why has this taken 20 years to release????
So I guess you missed out on the first edition of 30 luxurious CDRs? :wink: Actually it took 10 years to go out of stock!

But seriously, we recorded the stuff as late as in 1996-99 and then sent very few copies around (never been the greatest of sales men, I guess). It was only ever reviewed in the German Iron Pages mag. A few copies went to the likes of Sentinel Steel, Hellion... and Dragonheart, I belive. Of course we thought we were the stuff, but was to be proven wrong, haha!

It's such a great feeling finally having this little baby of ours in my hands. And it looks great too! Your babies tend to, don't they?

Eternal greetings goes to Dan for providing with this great place, inspiring me to share these long forgotten sins. And of course to Mike Bushur for forcing the stuff upon Chris (right?).

Getting all misty-eyed, gotta go...

Shadow Kingdom
Posts: 852

Post#30 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:58 pm

This recording sounds like it's brand new, not from '96

Did you re-record all the songs again? The Vocals rule.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron