Quicksand Dream - AELIN

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
GJ

Quicksand Dream - AELIN

Post by GJ »

Happy days! The Planet Metal CDs was released on December 7th 2010 and the vinyl version from High Roller Records was released on February 9th 2011.

Planet Metal: http://www.facebook.com/planetmetal
High Roller Records: http://www.hrrecords.de/shop/

Also the album is streamed from this place: http://www.pahardcore.com/quicksanddream
Check it out!

Original post:
Since Patrick (flat afro to the left) has gone public on the MySpace site I'd better try and hype it here too!

AELIN - A STORY THAT WILL BE RELEASED ON VINYL

Hail!

We are proud and happy to announce that we have signed a license deal with HIGH ROLLER RECORDS for the release of the Aelin concept album on vinyl. The release is planned to spring 2010.

EPIC METAL TO THE WORLD!!!!

/QD
Happy! :D Happy!
Edit: Subject title... since there's a CD too (see below)
Edit2: Updated and changed the subject title again
Edit3: Changed title: OUT NOW!
Edit666: Changed title, vinyl update
Edit777: Changed title
Last edited by GJ on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:22 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

WOW!!!!!!!!, GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And when are you going to record some new stuff for a new demo or album??? :D :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Errrrr... Gosh! I am the singer for God's ache, man! I just wanna drink, fight and fuck! So you'll have to ask Patrick! :lol:

Seriously, whenever both of us have the time it will happen for sure (families, work and the swine-flu might strike :roll: ). Patrick have a lot of songs written (and recorded even) which he will be sending me to work on the vocal melodies and stuff. My stuff you know about - don't know if there's anything there of use. We'll probably keep doing demo stuff as a duo if we don't find the right guitarists and a drummer soon, but both of us kind of feel it would be cool to have a proper band again.
Zuul

Post by Zuul »

yes, this is great news, I can't stop listening to it, thankfully he decided to let the world know of it's existence!
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

GJ wrote:Errrrr... Gosh! I am the singer for God's ache, man! I just wanna drink, fight and fuck! So you'll have to ask Patrick! :lol:

Seriously, whenever both of us have the time it will happen for sure (families, work and the swine-flu might strike :roll: ). Patrick have a lot of songs written (and recorded even) which he will be sending me to work on the vocal melodies and stuff. My stuff you know about - don't know if there's anything there of use. We'll probably keep doing demo stuff as a duo if we don't find the right guitarists and a drummer soon, but both of us kind of feel it would be cool to have a proper band again.
You should start seeking right now and reform as a band, and play live :twisted:
GJ

Post by GJ »

Update:

Horray! Now there's also a CD version of AELINin the making, to be released on Planet Metal. :D

Cheers and hails, most humble gratitude and what not I direct to Chris (Planet Metal) and Mike (Zuul) for helping digging us living deads up! :wink:

There's also an interview conducted by Mattias Maderon our Myspace.

Errrr... No! :shock: I didn't start writing songs in the early eighties (I was born in 1972) inspired by 220 Volt and Sadwings. In fact I first heard 220 Volt in 1983 (my brother had recorded Prisoner of War off the radio) which was sort of a revelation (albeit a tiny one) and I bought the Sadwings album in 1987 (at fourteen) and that (along with the discovery of Candlemass/Nemesis around the same time) had a not so small part in my writing a suicidal love song on the piano which we later doomed down, folked out and played (at first awfully amateurishly, later somewhat amateurishly :lol: ) when we had formed the band one and a half year later... Haha! Picky bastard - I am!
jared

Post by jared »

good job chris
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

yes, quite happy about this.

and there may be yet another Planet Metal / High Roller collaboration on the horizon...
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

We've finally secured the album cover rights after a few unexpected turns... what a learning experience!

Anyway, the CD layout is in its very last stages, and we will have the finished product in our hands sometime in December.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Where's the Epic Irae demos?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

Errr... Epic Irae demos. Your timing is spooky. Yesterday me and Patrick finally sat down and did some polishing, removing some noise between tracks and so on. I know I have promised to upload them on the forum as soon as possible, but Patrick thought we should make them available for listening through the QD-myspace first (as it may lure a few people that way and make them aware of the Aelin CD/LP that Planet Metal/High Roller Records is going to release). When that is done nothing's gonna stop me from putting up some links here for download. Also I need to write some historical notes, check the dates and scan the inlays. Hope that's OK with you!

Here's three tasters though (one from each demo):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CC0BVVP

The tracks are:
Road Goes Ever On (Sabbat-inspired track from the Ballet of Desolation demo which in turn inspired Patrick to write the Aelin song cycle which features the song reworked lyrically and in completely different musical shape)
A Bit of Paradise (nice little instrumental from One Cloudy Day. This track was written by our then drummer Mikael Svedlund - he also played all guitars on it if memory serves me right)
Electric Funeral (we liked playing Black Sabbath songs and this one we thought we could do some justice so we decided to record it for the third demo, A Lonely World, it also features Henrik Flyman (Moahni Moahna, Zool, Evil Masquerade) guesting on guitars)

Cheers!

Glars "Greedy" Julrich
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:Errr... Epic Irae demos. Your timing is spooky. Yesterday me and Patrick finally sat down and did some polishing, removing some noise between tracks and so on. I know I have promised to upload them on the forum as soon as possible, but Patrick thought we should make them available for listening through the QD-myspace first (as it may lure a few people that way and make them aware of the Aelin CD/LP that Planet Metal/High Roller Records is going to release). When that is done nothing's gonna stop me from putting up some links here for download. Also I need to write some historical notes, check the dates and scan the inlays. Hope that's OK with you!

Here's three tasters though (one from each demo):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8CC0BVVP

The tracks are:
Road Goes Ever On (Sabbat-inspired track from the Ballet of Desolation demo which in turn inspired Patrick to write the Aelin song cycle which features the song reworked lyrically and in completely different musical shape)
A Bit of Paradise (nice little instrumental from One Cloudy Day. This track was written by our then drummer Mikael Svedlund - he also played all guitars on it if memory serves me right)
Electric Funeral (we liked playing Black Sabbath songs and this one we thought we could do some justice so we decided to record it for the third demo, A Lonely World, it also features Henrik Flyman (Moahni Moahna, Zool, Evil Masquerade) guesting on guitars)

Cheers!

Glars "Greedy" Julrich
Cool. Thanks for the sneak peak.

I await the day that I can finally hear these demos in full as from what I've previously heard on the other few tracks on myspace and the like, the direction you guys were taking was much more up my neck of the woods then the stuff done with Quicksand Dream.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

Avenger wrote: Cool. Thanks for the sneak peak.

I await the day that I can finally hear these demos in full as from what I've previously heard on the other few tracks on myspace and the like, the direction you guys were taking was much more up my neck of the woods then the stuff done with Quicksand Dream.
Thanks! But you shouldn't expect too much. Even though there are some pretty cool stuff to be found in all three demos, we were pretty much all over the place both stylistically and qualitywise. :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

HRR updated their site with the cover art:

Doom-light? No, we're Pastoral Metal.

Here's the original btw, in company with the complete discography (as of now):
Last edited by GJ on Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Be sure that this album will land on my desk sooner or later.

Rather sooner i guess, or as soon as possible. What i want to say is: i look forward to it :D
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80