Cynic (UK) - Suburban Crisis vinyl release

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Tim Batkin

Cynic (UK) - Suburban Crisis vinyl release

Post by Tim Batkin »

Its been a while, and we have been really busy selling Suburban Crisis, pretty much all over the World. Not too mention working on new material for another album, and investing in our own Pro Tools recording studio.

On Monday 1st June, we are finally off to Abbey Road Studios London with Matt Butler and Steve Rooke to master Suburban Crisis for vinyl release, which will be out as soon as possible. Hugh Syme is re-drafting the artwork from the CD to suit gatefold 12".

We will also have the merchandise available from the Cynic (UK) web store, with Suburban Crisis T Shirts, and the original Cynic claw and World logo.

Keep on rockin!!

Tim - Cynic (UK)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Great news, Tim! Will definitely pick up the vinyl. Are you D.I.Y. or is there a label involved?
Tim Batkin

Post by Tim Batkin »

Hello Mate,

Hope you are well.

Vergette Limited will be releasing it. Fortunately..........I am a director of Vergette Limited................so have a little influence in its investments!!!

Will keep you posted.

Tim
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

You do that. Edited the topic btw..
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Second best news of the year!
Right after learning I get to see two of my favourites bands live for the first time this year.

Make sure the vinyl is nice and thick.

And if you release another album, you're obliged to tour. :wink:
Tim Batkin

Some images of Abbey Road

Post by Tim Batkin »

The mastering of Suburban Crisis went really well, and goes into production shortly.

Some images of the day at www.myspace.com/cynicuk click on pics, Abbey Road Studios

Tim
Tim Batkin

Test Pressings arrived today

Post by Tim Batkin »

The test pressings arrived today, and the vinyl sounds the best I have heard the album outside of the recording studios. Huge warm sound, like having the band in the same room, and you can feel the thud from the bass drum! I am really pleased.

The artwork has been tweaked from the CD to the vinyl in some great subtle ways too, so I hope you will like this. We have tried to listen to what people said they wanted, gatefold, heavy weight vinyl, etc, and deliver it to you.

Should be available towards the end of the month.

Best,

Tim
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Awesome! Now just to dig some more room into my wallet for all the vinyl goodness of summer.
Tim Batkin

Vinyl Edition is in stock

Post by Tim Batkin »

The vinyl edition version of Suburban Crisis arrived into stock today. We are really pleased and proud.

Shaun and I were looking at it today, it took us back to when we were teenagers, when we would buy a double live album with our Saturday job money, and then spend all Sunday listening to it, and looking over the artwork - great times.

Well, this vinyl album is probably the album we would have made given the chance back in the early Eighties - I hope you connect with it, and like it.

It will be available through the www.cynicuk.com web site - although BT are still doing the upgrades to the site- so maybe the ecommerce section will be running by Monday. There are also Suburban Crisis T shirts, Cynic world and claw logo T shirts, and Claw patches.

Keep on rockin!!

Tim
msp

Post by msp »

Tim.... Will you have any XL shirts for us fatties?
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
Tim Batkin

Post by Tim Batkin »

I was talking to the T shirt supplier, and we both agreed, there is only one size shirt, for fans of metal and beer, and that is XL.

So yeah - no problem.

Best wishes,

Tim
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Tim Batkin wrote:I was talking to the T shirt supplier, and we both agreed, there is only one size shirt, for fans of metal and beer, and that is XL.

So yeah - no problem.

Best wishes,

Tim
bummer for the smaller fans..but im really happy about the vynil release, all the best Tim and the rest of the band!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:bummer for the smaller fans..
They finally have that excuse to indulge in eating.

With this great news comes the time to expand my vinyl area, it's getting too small for these gems.
Tim Batkin

Web Site

Post by Tim Batkin »

Hi,

I gather the web site is nearly now complete, and you can purchase the Suburban Crisis T shirts and vinyl album. BT are still finishing off the Claw T shirts and patches e-commerce, but then it is good to go. Go and visit www.cynicuk.com

Thanks for the usual kind words, Mexdefender, Black Axe etc, as per the cd you have a credit on the vinyl too :wink:

And yes, Mex Defender, we have sizes to suit Mexico City rock guitarists who are only size Small to Medium!!

Keep on rockin!!!

Tim - Cynic (UK)
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

This sounds good. I'll grab a copy when I locate one.
Long Live The Loud !!!