Muskelrock Festival, Portrait, Thor, Axe Witch etc...

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

No 2045/ONLY THE STRONG ?!!
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Can you give us a report on the whole festival?
The_Elite

Post by The_Elite »

Finally made it back to London after a 24 hour coach trip of hell.

Brilliant, brilliant festival, venue, relaxed atmosphere, people etc.- every band I saw was great. Thor's white sheet was a sight to behold. Picked up the Jonah Quizz cd as well.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

The_Elite wrote:Finally made it back to London after a 24 hour coach trip of hell.
Epic! wtf. Why didn't you just get on a cheap airline!? I can only imagine the bullshit. :lol: I took a couple of bus trips in Spain and Sweden last year but not for more than 8 hours.
Holy Mighty Stormwitch

Post by Holy Mighty Stormwitch »

Sometimes cheap airlines don´t offer any flights the day you need them. I took a flight from Frankfurt Hahn to Gothenburg on Thursday but there was no return flight for Sunday, so I had to go home all the way by train.

The festival itself was really fantastic, had a cool time with great bands (highlights: COUNT RAVEN!!!, Wolf, RAM, The Devil´s Blood), plenty of alcohol and funny people. It was great to meet DaN and some others.. cheers! And the organization was extremely good, respect!
Giza Quetzalcoatl

Post by Giza Quetzalcoatl »

Great festival in a very cool location. I have met Dan and other great metalheads from Sweden. Hope I will be there also next year.
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

aaaargh Count Raven, any other comments on their set? anyone captured them on video?

I saw Graveyard a few months ago in Birmingham and they were a nice surprise, the singer has an incredible voice, did you like them?
nabel

Post by nabel »

What is lineup of Count Raven nowdays? I remember reading that it's only Fondelius and some other fellows? I can't imagine CR without Wilbur's bass lines.
Holy Mighty Stormwitch

Post by Holy Mighty Stormwitch »

@Giza: Hey Samuele, great to see you here... yeah, it was a really cool time. Btw, I am the girl from Germany you met at Alvesta railway station who was sitting with you in the train to Copenhagen :wink:.

@topic Count Raven: In the past I also thought this new line up wouldn´t work out but they had already convinced me at Bang Your Head festival a few years ago. However, this was by far the best Count Raven gig I have ever seen.
mordred

Post by mordred »

Holy Mighty Stormwitch wrote:@topic Count Raven: In the past I also thought this new line up wouldn´t work out but they had already convinced me at Bang Your Head festival a few years ago.
That was the old line up.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

mordred wrote:
Holy Mighty Stormwitch wrote:@topic Count Raven: In the past I also thought this new line up wouldn´t work out but they had already convinced me at Bang Your Head festival a few years ago.
That was the old line up.
No, the old line up was at KIT and DSR.
Giza Quetzalcoatl

Post by Giza Quetzalcoatl »

Holy Mighty Stormwitch wrote:@Giza: Hey Samuele, great to see you here... yeah, it was a really cool time. Btw, I am the girl from Germany you met at Alvesta railway station who was sitting with you in the train to Copenhagen :wink:
Hi! I don't write here too much, but its great to see you here. 8)
Tobiee

Post by Tobiee »

Devilment wrote:aaaargh Count Raven, any other comments on their set? anyone captured them on video?

I saw Graveyard a few months ago in Birmingham and they were a nice surprise, the singer has an incredible voice, did you like them?
I saw them , my 8th time and still incredible.

If you enjoy his voice on the record and live you should really check up the old band "Norrsken" with same singer and bassguitar player as Graveyard, and then the singer of Witchcraft plays the guitar and the drummer from Dead man, Really good band, Only a couple of songs availble on youtube tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHL4hO_Z ... L&index=12