HIGH SPIRITS

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Professor Black

HIGH SPIRITS

Post by Professor Black »

I posted about this already in "song of the day" but perhaps people will enjoy it who don't look there.

www.myspace.com/highspiritsrock
Last edited by Professor Black on Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

pretty cool on first listen- simple but catchy and energetic
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Professor Black

another song up
Professor Black

and yet another, this time the requisite self-titled song.

btw I am selling the demo CDR (5 songs) through my distro. www.myspace.com/planetmetal
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

nice! my current fave new band! i need the demo ASAP!
Professor Black

and another song... this one is perhaps a bit more modern?
Professor Black

"Calling Out to You" up now. Demos LP sometime this summer.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Woooo... :shock:
Shame on me for not checking this out earlier. This is absolutely awesome. Pure Olde NWOBHM-worship without feeling too contrieved. Vocal+guitarharmonies and a production so RightUpMyAlley it's ridiculous.. Definitely one of the best "old school" acts I've heard in ages. They should go on a world tour w/ ENFORCER today.

Keep us posted on the LP, Professor.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

DaN wrote:Woooo... :shock:
Shame on me for not checking this out earlier. This is absolutely awesome. Pure Olde NWOBHM-worship without feeling too contrieved. Vocal+guitarharmonies and a production so RightUpMyAlley it's ridiculous.. Definitely one of the best "old school" acts I've heard in ages. They should go on a world tour w/ ENFORCER today.

Keep us posted on the LP, Professor.
T-O-T-A-L-L-Y!!!
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Very fun band, got the demo cdr from Prof last month and will keep an eye out for that demo lp later this summer!
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Oh, and someone should invite these guys here asap. I'd be honored.
Helm

Post by Helm »

HIGH SPIRITS is a new band that plays high-energy rock music! Or heavy metal if you prefer! We are not great musicians and we do not have fancy expensive equipment! So, our recordings right now certainly have some rough edges! But we are always practicing and learning, and also revising our songs trying to make them the absolute best! With a little luck we hope to reach our full potential as a band!

Right now our goal is to keep writing music and making demos, then record some of our songs in a professional recording studio! Who knows, maybe one day HIGH SPIRITS will come play a concert for you!
Professor Black, do you play in this band? If so, the above description plus "Members: Nobody you know" seem a bit... misleading. Am I misunderstanding? I get this youthful and trusting/naive NWOBHM posse really wants to make a record someday!!!! feeling that I don't know if I should trust since it's not 1982 anymore, heh. Is this a high concept band masquerading as an earnest NWOBHM crew or what?

The music is really catchy, energetic. The name 'high spirits' really suits the material.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Nice and really catchy NWOBHM-ish stuff, I liked it.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Professor Black

Helm wrote:Professor Black, do you play in this band?
Yes! So, thanks to all for the remarks here. The feedback has been immensely kind, very much appreciated, and taken to heart by the band.
Obsessed by Metal

Post by Obsessed by Metal »

no surprise this band comes from Chicago, in this town, quality seems to flow through the generations in rusty streams of mettle!