"HEAVY METAL KILLERS" new compilation for 2009

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Rick

Post by Rick »

They signed that Nu-Metal band and released the album! Among many other such bands they were signing at the time. Talk about attitude, consistency and integrity!
Helm

Post by Helm »

That's absolutely awful.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Avenger wrote:
Helm wrote:can anyone check the hexenhaus record and see if they printed who the artist of the cover in the liner notes? If they did, hey, fair enough.
I'll do this tomorrow.

Although, I only have the CD version, not the LP, so it may differ...
Shit, I forgot about this until now...

Yeah, there is no mention of any artist for any of the cover art.

Perhaps maybe the original LP is different?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Rick

Post by Rick »

I just checked the LP and there's no mention whatsoever neither on the insert nor on the cover. I bought this LP shortly after having bought the 'Blessed are the Sick' LP (which I got as soon as it was released) and probably the main reason I got the Hexenhaus one was because of the cover being the same. Even the logos are at the same place, and both are red with white border/shade. :shock: :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Hexenhaus still did it first though :)
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
The_Real_Mordred

Post by The_Real_Mordred »

I simply abhor Earache and all those mega-ultra-trendy heavy music labels. And I'm saddened beyond belief that such great acts like RAM, ENFORCER, PORTRAIT, IN SOLITUDE and POWERVICE are taking part on a compilation released by them. I certainly won't buy it... And if Earache starts to release albums by those artists, I won't buy them either! As much as it pains me to do so. :?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

This compilaton should be called:

"HEAVY METAL FILLERS"
mordred

Post by mordred »

Some great bands on there. Hopefully this compilation will get some kids to learn that there are still real metal bands around like PORTRAIT and ENFORCER. i don't know all the bands on the comp, but the ones I know range from decent to fantastic.

Yeah, and I'll buy a release on Aerseache records... when pigs fly. Fucking trend hopping cunts, sitting there salivating waiting to see which of these bands they should sign to cash in on the renewed interest in kvlt old skool metal. By Satan I hope they don't offer a deal to any band that I like.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
nabel

Post by nabel »

I thought Powervice broke up few years ago?

So how long it will take that Earache sign their first "70's occult rock" band?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

mordred wrote:Some great bands on there. Hopefully this compilation will get some kids to learn that there are still real metal bands around like PORTRAIT and ENFORCER. i don't know all the bands on the comp, but the ones I know range from decent to fantastic.

Yeah, and I'll buy a release on Aerseache records... when pigs fly. Fucking trend hopping cunts, sitting there salivating waiting to see which of these bands they should sign to cash in on the renewed interest in kvlt old skool metal. By Satan I hope they don't offer a deal to any band that I like.
the already sigend Cauldron from Canada...
mordred

Post by mordred »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
mordred wrote:Some great bands on there. Hopefully this compilation will get some kids to learn that there are still real metal bands around like PORTRAIT and ENFORCER. i don't know all the bands on the comp, but the ones I know range from decent to fantastic.

the already sigend Cauldron from Canada...
Yeah, I heard that. I have never been particularly fond of Cauldron though.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ShadowGallery

Post by ShadowGallery »

Earache itself is a Heavy Metal Killer, imo.... :lol:
Rick

Post by Rick »

More and more I feel relief because of the existence of forums such as Corroseum. I am a very liberal guy in everything; but there's no other option than being conservative when it comes to Metal, if we consider the way that the people with the money won't stop at anything, including defacing and perverting the whole genre and movement as much as they can in order to cash in. How can I express my loathing when I see the latest issue of Metal Hammer (a magazine I used to buy every month in the late eighties) and in the cover we have Selloutica plus a bunch of pseudo Metal bands (including Mastodon together with the amazing phrase "F**k Metal, we're Art Rock!") and then we get a free CD entitled 'NWOTM - The New Wave of Traditional Metal - New bands, classic sounds!' featuring bands such as Wolf, Cauldron, Bullet, Enforcer, Jex Thoth, Blood Ceremony, White Wizzard, The Gates of Slumber, Twisted Tower Dire, etc.? Bye to all neo-Thrashers, there's a new trend in town! Don't miss your 2009 Traditional Metal summer hits!
Oliver/KIT

Post by Oliver/KIT »

Here you get thr real deal:

KEEP IT TRUE - THE UNDERGROUND KODEX Vol. I

In the most desolate days of summer 2009 Iron Kodex and Keep it True-festival will join forces to unleash the chaotic and primordial power of the TRUE heavy metal underground scene. The first volume of the dreadful and enigmatic Underground Kodex will be unlocked and opened during an arcane ceremony taking place in August 2009. It is whispered that the eldritch pages of the Underground Kodex contain rare and previously unreleased spells by the infamous esoteric orders listed below:

1. MIDNIGHT PRIEST - tba (new song)
2. TRACER - Harvest the Seed
3. SAVAGE BLADE - We are the hammer
4. THE LAMP OF THOTH - Shub-Niggurath
5. PROCESSION - tba (new song)
6. STRIKER - tba (new song)
7. HIEROPHANT - Night Owl
8. SINNER'S BLADE - Lust for Battle
9. HÜRLEMENT - tba
10. BATTLE RAM - Smash the Gates

The above-mentioned spells will be released both on vinyl and polycarbonite discs in a luxurious Iron Kodex-style layout, featuring extensive linernotes, bandinfo, pictures and an exclusive piece of artwork by Dimitar Nikolov.

Consider this compilation as a statement versus the parasites who are ruthlessly trying to exploit heavy metal as the latest trend. The labels and persons involved in this release have been into underground metal for a long time and were already playing in killer heavy metal bands, organizing beer-soaked concerts and passionately releasing albums, while those who are now trying to cash-in were still promoting techno, stoner, gothic or whatever the latest trend was. This compilation wil provide you an insight into what the TRUE underground metal scene is.

No hipster labels cashing in, no indie crowd fooling around with metal's "funny stereotypes", no posers riding the latest trend - just pure, uncompromising Heavy Metal madness coercing you to grab a beer, blast your speakers at a harmful volume and bang your head like a man possessed!
METAL!!!

http://www.ironkodex.de
http://www.keep-it-true.de
Rick

Post by Rick »

Unmissable!